Starting Dueling League - Blue/White Gear Only - Add battletag to join

I am starting this thread to create a community of players who would like to duel in only white/blue gear (any Gem quality is allowed). Although we don't know how spikey damage will happen in dueling, maybe the damage reduction of blue gear will make this more of a skill based dueling system.

If you would like to join this league post your battletag below.

Nuhring#1271 US Server
    Really like the idea. DukeNukem#2367. I'm on the Eu server. Let's hope to get this thing going.
    Cheers
    That's one cool idea. I can already see the prices of white and blue items spiking on the AH if this idea works out well :D

I do think though that allowing any kind of gem will kind of create some unnecessary difference in power. If the purpose is keeping players' power are close to each other, then allowing the new 50 mil gems might create some issues :fret:

People who can't buy the top notch gems (and can only afford the 150-500k ones) will easily fall behind 100-150 stat (assuming 8-10 slots) points. That's quite a lot of dmg/life.

Anyways, I'm in. My tag is Nomad#1741 (US).
    I'm in.

<----- My Btag

I'm EU.

I suggest 'Star' as a maximum gem lvl.
    nice idea , but i may i suggest something like that you buy gear for all classes lets say 500k per class. and than just give player who will duel the items for there class. (the amount of gold for set can be less ofc.)
    Im also fond of this idea! keeps it more fun and entertaining with blue items only.

Sign me up, Razboss#1826
    I'm absolutely game for Blue gear pvp. keep the credit cards out!

I agree with the previous statement about limiting jewel quality.. Star I think is a happy medium too.

im on EU, ill add whoever is game^^

time to start theorycrafting
    If you can raise enough funds, you can also try doing gear "draft" systems. Buy a ton of completely random magic gear from the AH or from donations.

Before the game starts, you dump piles and piles of blue items onto the ground. When the competitors enter, they each go one at a time and select one item on the ground (10-15 seconds time limit, perhaps), constantly rotating until they're all fully geared.

Damnit, this is why the 4-player limit per game is so absolutely lame.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

If you can raise enough funds, you can also try doing gear "draft" systems. Buy a ton of completely random magic gear from the AH or from donations.

Before the game starts, you dump piles and piles of blue items onto the ground. When the competitors enter, they each go one at a time and select one item on the ground (10-15 seconds time limit, perhaps), constantly rotating until they're all fully geared.

Damnit, this is why the 4-player limit per game is so absolutely lame.

nice idea but in theory its a lot of work in a game that already has poor p2p networking.

i like the idea of just having a "blue set" in my bank to throw on and fight with. something ive taken the time to collect
    I'd be interested in something like this DesmondTiny#1969
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

How about naked fights?
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Naked fights would be cool! Also low lvl duels lets say get a character to lvl 9 only found gear can be used :P Could also be fun similar to D2's Ironman duels.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Related to Jaetch idea, we could start a farm/draft system. Players farm together for 5 min or so, and at the end of the period they start a magic the gathering-style draft. One keeps an object found, and passes the other to the next player and so on until all objects are assigned. Then the duels are based only on the items farmed during the session.
    This is a damn good idea

who says diablo isnt about pvp.. gtfo :D

bluezone#1144 US serv
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    started a website to host tournament style duels for gold prizes d3tournaments . net will be posting more information about it in this thread, check for the post!
    So guys, somebody else interested in getting this blu/white items duelling going? Add you battletag!
    you just need a white weapon and it's fine.

Probably all res/vit armors
    I like this idea.

shndany#1826 us server.
    Looking for a duel right now.. bluezone#1144 US SERVER
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    I like this idea! Is this thing stil going on? I'd like to join but I need to wait until we're able to copy chars into the PTR again though.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes