PvP balancing

I think PVP should be about player skills, not based on luck or economy. I therefore would like to see all characters entering a PVP area getting their stats adjusted to the same level kind of like how you enter a challenge mode in World of Warcraft, your gear is adjusted to a certain ilvl.

In World of Warcraft, there are clear PVP seasons with a limit amount of gear which is available to everyone. The itemization in D3 is way different and I don't think you can have PVP in the same way.

There's always going to be ppl complaining about the unfairness in PVP due to some ppl gearing using RMAH or having way more time to play the game than you. Doing this adjustment will make it much easier for blizz to balance PVP and make it more about the talents of the player than a gear-check.

It might also be some complaining about this system since the players that has spend a lot of time getting the gear would feel it was in vain but maybe that's just something they'd have to get over: Diablo 3 PVP is not about gear, but skill.

Do I think ppl spending a lot of time in the game should be punished? No, I don't. I think Blizz could add some PVP rating that shows how good you are. Could also have a win:loss ratio showing. Another possibility is to earn credits when you pvp and with these credits, you could unlock PVP runes and before each fight you may activate 3 of them. suggestions of runes:
    • 15% reduced time of snare effects
    • 1% extra crit chance
    • 3% more armor
    • Aura with 1% chance on hit taken to reflect 15% of the damage done over next 1,5 seconds
    • Aura with 1% chance on hit taken to replenish 5% of player's health over 5 seconds.
    • Etc.
    Quote from Niddro

I think PVP should be about player skills, not based on luck or economy. I therefore would like to see all characters entering a PVP area getting their stats adjusted to the same level kind of like how you enter a challenge mode in World of Warcraft, your gear is adjusted to a certain ilvl.

In World of Warcraft, there are clear PVP seasons with a limit amount of gear which is available to everyone. The itemization in D3 is way different and I don't think you can have PVP in the same way.

There's always going to be ppl complaining about the unfairness in PVP due to some ppl gearing using RMAH or having way more time to play the game than you. Doing this adjustment will make it much easier for blizz to balance PVP and make it more about the talents of the player than a gear-check.

It might also be some complaining about this system since the players that has spend a lot of time getting the gear would feel it was in vain but maybe that's just something they'd have to get over: Diablo 3 PVP is not about gear, but skill.

Do I think ppl spending a lot of time in the game should be punished? No, I don't. I think Blizz could add some PVP rating that shows how good you are. Could also have a win:loss ratio showing. Another possibility is to earn credits when you pvp and with these credits, you could unlock PVP runes and before each fight you may activate 3 of them. suggestions of runes:
    • 15% reduced time of snare effects
    • 1% extra crit chance
    • 3% more armor
    • Aura with 1% chance on hit taken to reflect 15% of the damage done over next 1,5 seconds
    • Aura with 1% chance on hit taken to replenish 5% of player's health over 5 seconds.
    • Etc.

the suggestions you give 'have been given before, but blizzard will not adjust pvp in this way because it goes against the spirit of the game. diablo is about loot, plain and simple. diablo pvp will not feel like diablo if we can't use the gear we aquired playing the game for almost a year. items are cheaper than ever and it doen't take long to gear up to a respectable level now. ofcource the players with the god items have a clear advantage, but that is supposed to be the way it is. diablo pvp will not be about 1vs1 deathhmatch however, so there will be plenty of room for skill. but gear will be the deciding factor, as it should be.
    just make barb's ancient spear a non-cd fury spender, by the game mechanic he receives fury on being hit so the more hits he gets while being kited, the more chances he has to close the gap to ranged chars

this is all i want in terms of making the duels a "skill-based mindgames" right now
    Quote from kablooie

the suggestions you give 'have been given before, but blizzard will not adjust pvp in this way because it goes against the spirit of the game. diablo is about loot, plain and simple. diablo pvp will not feel like diablo if we can't use the gear we aquired playing the game for almost a year. items are cheaper than ever and it doen't take long to gear up to a respectable level now. ofcource the players with the god items have a clear advantage, but that is supposed to be the way it is. diablo pvp will not be about 1vs1 deathhmatch however, so there will be plenty of room for skill. but gear will be the deciding factor, as it should be.

Diablo 1 was about the story imo, Diablo 2 became about grinding for loot. Diablo 3 is a new game and I believe it's too narrow-minded to say that it has to be about gear in every single aspect.

If Blizzard adds dueling, which they'll do in the coming patch, we'll be at Diablo 2: loot grinding with a possibility to some PVP. The community wants to take it further and I believe that in order to get a somewhat stable system which would require minimum tuning due to expansions, new gear being introduced (read Hellfire ring, the new crafting recipes) would be to normalize all stats and make PVP about skills and not gear. Just because it has the name Diablo in the title doesn't mean it shouldn't be allowed to think of new ideas.

I keep coming back to analogies to WoW. Their item stats are growing exponential to ilvl which will go out of hand in 1-2 expansions without normalization, a problem acknowledged by blizz themselves. I predict the same will be expected in D3 which will make PVP balancing very hard and I doubt ppl will be happy with it.

As for the possibility that people have been gearing for almost a year, exclusively to have an edge in PVP. Yeah, too bad... =P

I still think this is a good idea.
    Niddro, Diablo was always about the loot just with the story in background.

Diablo 1 as all the next ones is about loot.
    Remember first time looting unique item in diablo 1? epic. All the story and quests and stuff was just the world we lured into to find THE loot.
    It wasnt the time when i first killed diablo, maybe it was the time when i first met butcher, but it was THE TIME when i first equiped The Grandfather sword in diablo 1.
    Hell no balance and bs like that, this is diablo with all the means that comes with it. RMAH or no RMAH or whatever thousands of hours somebody has who cares? diablo pvp is all about the fun. I remember being first time whooped in diablo 1 by some op wizard with godly items. I didnt cry that i cant even scrath it, I was on the edge of my chair having a blast discovering everything there is about it to maybe try reaching it someday. life is a bitch we arent supposed to be all overpowered and godly and what if there are ones that are? let them be. Dont take away your fun of the game just because there are players that have better gear so good that most of us will never come close to even wearing 1 of those items.
    I will have a blast time with my dh although im not over 100k dps etc but i love playing the class
    Agree to disagree then ^^
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes