The PvP blog is MASSIVE...

Quote from AudioCG

I did not like PvP all that much in Diablo 2, because it was lazy and uninspired.

For starters if you think pvp in d3 will be something else that joining an arena then procede to spam-burst down one player you might I have bad surprises. Lazy and uninspired might reach their full meanings at this point.

(there were FAR more competitive and interesting PvP games available, hence, for my PvP interests, I would play the better PvP games, like Warcraft or Starcraft.) Again, Its not like I never touched PvP in Diablo 2, I played it, gave it a fair shake, and found it was not up to par with the PvP in other Blizzard games. (they had already set a higher standard for PvP at the time)

I am not against you debating d2 pvp, even if you've put all your weight being unbearably obnoxious and despicable at this point, but what is your argument here exactly? Beside telling us you only rely on Blizzard to bring you pvp experiences.
    Lets procede as I try to understand what you had for lunch...

By your convoluted logic your opinion on Diablo 3 as a whole is automatically invalidated simply because you do not like it.

I guess there is no point in arguing with someone who cannot help contradicting themselves with every post, lol.

lol lol convoluted logic. Can you even express your argument in a plain, short form and without requiring to bad manners and actual convoluted arguments? I am waiting.

He provided you actual facts and proofs there was a competitive d2 scene, with people involving themselves, an actual community, for years, and you kept disregarding it saying it is only rationnal doing so when it was in fact only your choice. It would probably be a good argument if you were (or Blizzard was) the one choosing which game are an esport or not.

Whats cute is you seem to think Diablo 2 PvP was some form of high watermark for PvP in games, when in fact, it has never been taken seriously in any capacity. (literally all other Blizzard games have had accolades and constant praise for their exceptional PvP, and never is Diablo 2 mentioned.)

It seems you want to go with the general concensus here, fine.

By concensus wow pvp is crap, war3 pvp have been left for dead for this generation, the starcraft scene outside of Korea never took off and the sc2 scene would be dead atm without the very special exemple of Korea and blizzard doing its best pouring money into it. Sc2 pvp is also regarded as highly full of design and balance problems, overrated and boring. Should I talk about "literally all other Blizzard games" ?

So much for "exceptional PvP", but maybe I got trolled by a blizz-fanboi PR talk.
    Anyway: double standards.

Diablo has always been and will always be a PvE based game.

That is why pvp is not out yet right?
    "PvP will be shit but it is alright guyz, I knew it, then you knew about it because i proved d2 and d3 are so similar in what is shit yet so different on what is good -oh wait did I...hmm no that's fine. Anyway pvp being shit only goes to prove they made a magnificient job not making D3 an esport, or a pve game -fck where do I stand already?"

Fastest selling PC game of all time, WITHOUT ANY PVP. (something they were upfront with)

Seems like it worked out pretty good. Reality is a whole different ball of wax isn't it?

Oh really? Amongst all buyers, how many knew pvp would not be included? Answer: very little. Thats right you know it very few people check forums and the likes.
    And it is even less of an argument when you take into account the boxes of the game still advertised the pvp content on them.

Oh wait but did you really tried to make us believe everyone knew the pvp content will take forever to be released and, as we knew that, everyone was fine, proving the game only sold for its PvE merits? Hell maybe it sold more because there was no pvp right? Oh god.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Guys please, tone it down a bit. I won't be deleting any comments, since otherwise we'll be back to page 1, but if you continue in this manner I'll have to lock this up.
    Quote from overneathe

Guys please, tone it down a bit. I won't be deleting any comments, since otherwise we'll be back to page 1, but if you continue in this manner I'll have to lock this up.

Awwww *puts popcorn down*.

On topic: I heard they were going to start work on the pvp once they finish the new custom dance system in WoW
    Quote from Quinny

On topic: I heard they were going to start work on the pvp once they finish the new custom dance system in WoW

I heard their Diablo team is secretly their Titan team and they constantly go back and forth between the projects.

:o
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

You tell me to "drop the comments" when you are incapable of doing that yourself?

Hypocrite.

Those "PvM carebears" are the VAST majority of the fan base.

You want people to care about your opinion, the whole while discounting the majority's, do I need to point out to you how retarded that is? (and a battle you have already lost?) Again, Its not like I never touched PvP in Diablo 2, I played it, gave it a fair shake, and found it was not up to par with the PvP in other Blizzard games.

You said PvP was good in D2 BECAUSE of the self imposed teams/rules/etc, then go on to bash Blizzard for implementing exactly that. (Who says there wont be different gametypes, rulesets, etc? We already know there will be a "token" system in place, offering some form of rewards and the like, already adding a new layer to the PvP system.)

You seem very, very confused.

So basically cater to he PVM care bears and shut out everyone else right? So, tell me how well that has gone for D3 so far?

Sorry, if i confuse you. Im a very confused person. As if not having any pvp in D3 7 months after release is sooo much fun.

Maybe if they just let players have a duel button id be doing other things instead of wasting my time talking to someone about D2 pvp that had barely pvp'd in D2.

Thats the problem.. To many PVM players having an opinion about PVP. If you really wanna know the problem with NO PVP in D3, look in the mirror

Also, just because I did not really care about the PvP in Diablo 2

And that right there is the point i made a long time ago.

Its amazing how much of an opinion about D2 pvp someone can have when they barely touchd it.

Keep thumpin your keyboard. As if D3 being the fastest selling PC game of time means anything. Currently its also known as one of the biggest failures of all time. PVM player are complaining about lack of content while PVP players are complaining about lack of pvp.

Considering D2 had more game play options from builds, farming and pvp compared to D3 whos biggest claim to fame is the RMAH.

The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because players expected D2 with MORE. Not D2 with less. Hence the mountain of complains the D3 devs adding more D2 features to the game. Let alone waiting for them to finish the game. PVP was a major selling point that still doesn't exist.

Closest thing to pvp is forums.. And if this was a duel, you have been gettin slaughtered since it started.

I did not like PvP all that much in Diablo 2, because it was lazy and uninspired.

Ya, no shit. I read that already. Translated means. "I didn't like D2 pvp and barely touched it". Your opinion about what you consider fun pvp games is irrelevant when dealing with this topic. Alot of people played, lived and breathed D2 pvp. You honestly think myself or any of them care about what someone who barely touched it thinks?

Here.... 70 000+ pages of PVP topics. http://us.battle.net...ch?q=pvp&f=post

Go nuts.. Im done playing with you. Peace out fooooooOO.

As expected, you dodge any real content, fail to answer anything of value, and avoid any difficult and challenging facts.

Just like you avoid any real PvP games, and anything that requires actual skill.

Duck and run.

"Im done playing with you" Translated means "I duck out of the whole library of ACTUAL PvP focused games Blizzard has, because I dont have the skills to compete in them, I have chosen the ONE game franchise they make that ISNT PvP focused so I can feel like I don't fail"

Dude,, If this was a battle id be walking away because i no longer want to beat on the sad little crippled man bleeding to death in the corner.

Alls you have is " I don't like D2 pvp"... Thats all you got. You made it clear.

Also....

You have no experience in D2 pvp. You constantly assume and make false allegations against me as if you know anything other than 'I play D3 and have played D2". You make false statements and ignore any truths or facts.....

And.... When proven wrong in any shape or from you go all douche bag commando and blatanly insult anyone.

Bottom line, i don't enjoy beating a dead horse with a stick.. Which is exactly what you have turned into.

So, i leave you with this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoMQJf5vKI
    I don't care how long it takes until PVP is ready. atleast if we all survive 2012:P.
    Ill bet PVP will be awsome and there will always be haters so.
    "You have no experience in D2 PvP"

Really?

REALLY?

Even though I have clearly stated that I in fact DO, and HAVE played Diablo 2 PvP over the thousands of hours logged into that game? (I don't know why you have such a hard time differentiating "I found better PvP games" from "I never played D2 PvP" ?)

I cannot communicate with someone who does not even grasp the basic concept of reading.

Bottom line, PvP in Diablo 2 was considered casual at best, received FAR more complaints then praise (as evidenced by the patch history concerning PvP directly), and will not, in any way shape or form be making its way into Diablo 3. (no open duels)

The only person beating a dead equine here is you.

(Still waiting for you to show me a single organized cash tourney for D2 PvP, the ONLY Blizzard game(s) (D1/D2) ever made to NOT have several said tourney's for its PvP play....) I know you think linking a couple of small fry online friendly tournaments is the same as a massive organized event, but the cold hard reality is, it isnt, at all.

For easy reference; this is what "Huge PvP" competitions look like:

http://evo.shoryuken.com/
    http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/home

You say things like "proven wrong", where exactly? Go ahead, so me a single one thing you have "proven me wrong" in, I'll wait. (also, fun fact, in this very thread, the very thing you accuse me of, "blatant insults" you have done 3x more then anyone else in this thread, your astonishing hypocrisy is out for all to see. )

http://www.gamespot....2600303/?page=1
    http://ca.ign.com/ar.../08/diablo-ii-2

Notice how neither even MENTION PvP? Literally, not even mentioned, in a review, from multiple sources, roflol.

The same sites reviews on SC1, notice the amount of the review focused on PvP;

http://www.gamespot....review-2533189/
    http://ca.ign.com/ar.../03/starcraft-2

Im wondering if at some point you will come to the realization that Diablo 2's PvP was hardly even considered a "feature" of the game at the time. It was not even considered worth mentioning in the games reviews.

The things you are lauding about Diablo 2's PvP are the same things that Blizzard is looking to expand upon in its PvP system for D3, teams, arenas, rules, etc. (the very same things people enforced to make Diablo 2's PvP less messy and random) AKA, they are looking to make ACTUAL PvP, instead of just throwing out a "hostile" button and hoping for the best. (exactly what happened in D2)

But let me guess, that's too "Corporate" and "Mainstream" right? (the irony of you saying that about Diablo 3 and NOT Diablo 2 is hilarious BTW, Diablo 2 is considered a massive mainstream success.)

inb4 your inevitable post not addressing anything I have said, random insults, and possibly a new youtube video.
    ....I don't care what you think about other PVP games. I made that point clear.

I enjoyed D2 pvp, i played it non stop and it had a BIG community. Also, i made that clear also.

Also, it was you doing the insulting. I was just stating the facts.

I really don't know what point you keep trying to make...? Beause the only thing i keep getting from you is " ME NO LIEK D2 PVP"

Well, ya.. No shit. You said that a million times already. But i DID and so did many others. /end thread. Horse is dead.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from maka

Quote from Ashbinder

after reading a tweet from you know who

Jay Wilson
    We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That's all I'll say about that.

probebly pvp blog will be a expesion pack

Execs probably saw his first tweet, called him to their board room, and yelled at him: "Are you INSANE? We're not GIVING things away! You idiot, we'll save PvP for an expansion!"

It might interest you to know, that Blizzard has already done more updates with actual content for free in Diablo 3 then Vanilla Diablo 2 ever had. (most of the major changes content wise were after LOD)

Funny thing is "CLASSIC" D2 still had more then what D3 has, even after all these so called updates.
    Quote from pylorih

I remember D2 pvp as being absolutely terrible if you didn't play a specific class or had specific builds to counter others. I predict it will be the same in D3 which will be "terrible" for a lot of the WoW no current subscription players trying to substitute their MMORPG.

You're right, WoW isn't like that at all. :facepalmsmile:
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from maka

Yeah, posing as the only person here that played D2 classic, and calling everyone a kid........two sure-fire ways of identifying a forum troll. Not replying to that, obviously. IF you actually address what I brought up, then maybe. But of course, that's not gonna happen; it wouldn't be trollish enough.
    Please leave. You'd do everyone a favour.

Also, D2 classic was better than LoD (with a couple of exceptions).

Yeah, being a trendy internet hipster (everything is always better when it is older, amirite?) is a sure fire way to identify an internet troll.....

Also, show me a SINGLE organized competition (as in a event) for D2 PvP, go ahead, i'll wait. (every other Blizz game has had exactly these, except D2, I wonder why....)

Common, just ONE, according to you, PvP for Diablo 2 was "huge", just one event, just one organized competition, should be easy to produce right? (you cant, because it never happened, because no one took D2 pvp seriously, ever.)

So.... according to YOU (as in your words, not mine) you have hated Diablo 2 for what? 10 YEARS?

Why would anyone be surprised that you hate D3? You have disliked Diablo 2 for the majority of its existence, you are not a Diablo fan AT ALL, roflol. (you have literally stated you have disliked/hated Diablo for over a DECADE)

You claim to be a fan of Diablo, yet you seem to hate everything about the series, your a horribly confused hypocrite.

Why would ANYONE take you seriously? You (according to your own words, lol) quit D2 after those patches, and by extension, LOD, you obviously have not played the game in around a DECADE, and know nothing about how the game evolved. (you claim to "hate D2" and have "quit playing it")

So, your waaaaaaaaaaaay out of date, completely irrelevant to the community, and lack any recent experience with the franchise at all.....

Why would anyone even care about your opinion of the game then? Why would ANYONE care what some douche who hates everything Diablo has been about for the last ten freaking years give a crap about your opinion on the current game?

Why are you even part of a Diablo community at this point? Did you get lost along the way? ROFLOL (again, because you seem very, VERY confused here, you have hated Diablo 2 for a VERY long time, and hate Diablo 3........ you have not been able to find anything else to do in the last 12 years?!?!? Good lord man.)

I have never seen so much fail from one person before, seriously man, you obviously hate the franchise, and have for a long time, FIND ANOTHER GAME. (I hear they make other ones!)

about your statement regarding serious d2 pvp ...

I played at least 50 - 100 tournaments of organised d2 pvp with a balanced ruleset from classic to 1.11 alone .... there were tourneys with over 100 participating 4 player teams.
    They are still playing organised pvp tournaments on angrenost realm up to date ...

you spread wrong infos ...

and yes, those were no tournaments where you could win money or similar things .. but well, those were times were sponsorships for pro players or tournaments with price money (besides sc1) didnt even exist.
    GIEF PVP YOU LAZY SCRUBS!
    Quote from AudioCG

The only person beating a dead equine here is you.

/facepalm_to_the_max

Quote from AudioCG

But let me guess, that's too "Corporate" and "Mainstream" right? (the irony of you saying that about Diablo 3 and NOT Diablo 2 is hilarious BTW, Diablo 2 is considered a massive mainstream success.)

I would not to touch that argument with a stick

Comparing d3 to d2 won't help ever;P
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

Quote from newt_mcmac

Blog was originally written in Klingon and had to be translated though Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and the language of Mordor before it could be correctly understood in English.

You forgot Hebrew!!!!
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from Stephenk291

PvP is going to be a massive let down thats for sure.

Can't be any worse then NO PVP... Can't it?

What you have just done good sir is jinxed it. It's going to be so bad we'll beg them to take it away now :D
    Lets just all witness the amount of fail this game have came to.
    This game have set new definitions of fail every step of the way, so at least let's recognize that and maybe enjoy ourselves while we mock this (very good) parody of a game.

haha, HAHAHAHA so much fail.

The Blog were massive before they decided that their PvP system failed.

Better a failed game with an active playerbase (like D3) as a perfect but dead game.
    Woke to a morning of fail. No wonder they had no PvP blog... they had no PvP to write about it. This wasn't a PvP blog, it was a blog about how PvP didn't work :/

Thanks Blizzard.
    I wonder who "THEY'' are?

I guess the same people who thought elemental damage, skills trees, stats where not fun also made the choice of TDM is not fun either.

Can't wait for POE now. Im sick of this POS game.

The fact that they waited 7 months and a day after xmas to tell the players the the TDM isn't fun so you can't have it, is a slap in the face. And the fact that the finally decided to put in a simple duel button instead is just salt on the wound.

A duel button should have existed on release. BOTTOM LINE.

Wrong guy for the job since the very start.

DIABLO 3, the game where FUN is just an illusion made by some loser.
    Vooodu Vs. AudioCG - livestream duel on day one patch DEMANDED !
    Quote from Boss_Hogg

Vooodu Vs. AudioCG - livestream duel on day one patch DEMANDED !

that would be interesting!
    GIEF PVP YOU LAZY SCRUBS!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes