The PvP blog is MASSIVE...

Quote from thormond

this drama is hilarious

go on

Watching the show, as well. I have no further inputs here.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from AudioCG

Common, just ONE, according to you, PvP for Diablo 2 was "huge", just one event, just one organized competition, should be easy to produce right? (you cant, because it never happened, because no one took D2 pvp seriously, ever.)

There where TONS of organized tournaments....

Heres some proof. ANd NO im not gonna list a million of these. I just did a quick google and posted the 1st couple things that popped up. I also partipated in 6 necro vs necro tourneys back in the day.

http://diablo.incgam...t-Rules-Sign-up

http://diablo.incgam...ight=Tournamnet

http://www.battlefor...an-contest.html

http://www.pvpwest.com/

Now, you can keep thumpin' your keyboard all you want... Of course if you are stupid enough to compare it to StarCrafts overhyped public tourneys thats on you. Diablo 2 pvp was huge, but not a comercial E sport.

Buy honestly, if you actually played D2 i would'nt have to explain this stuff to you now would I ?

Ps.... ShaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAD UPPPpp!
    Quote from GroentjeBE

F*ck all this negativity. Pvp is gonna be legen... wait for it....

DARY !

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    pvp blog = first expansion
    pvp = second expansion ?
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Common, just ONE, according to you, PvP for Diablo 2 was "huge", just one event, just one organized competition, should be easy to produce right? (you cant, because it never happened, because no one took D2 pvp seriously, ever.)

Heres some proof. ANd NO im not gonna list a million of these. I just did a quick google and posted the 1st couple things that popped up. I also partipated in 6 necro vs necro tourneys back in the day.

Now, you can keep thumpin' your keyboard all you want... Of course if you are stupid enough to compare it to StarCrafts overhyped public tourneys thats on you. Diablo 2 pvp was huge, but not a comercial E sport.

Buy honestly, if you actually played D2 i would'nt have to explain this stuff to you now would I ?

bwhahahahahahaha

Little groups of 10-20 people for casual online touneys?!?!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ORGANIZED, FOR MONEY, ACTUAL TOURNEMENTS you little SCRUB.

Exactly like the Starcraft tourneys, LoL tourneys, FG tourneys, FPS tourneys, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The reason there was NEVER one of these for Diablo 2 was because literally no one could take PvP in D2 seriously enough to put money up for it.

"over hyped SC tourneys"

Starcraft takes more skill at the bottom rung scrub level then anything Diablo 2 PvP could ever hope to you delusional kid.

Im pretty sure I could dig up some online organized tourneys for Mario Kart, but hey, since that exists, I guess Mario Kart is some leet PvP action right?

lol

Your a joke. (huuuuuurp tha PvP was the huuuuge! Just not an Esport.....derp)
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

bwhahahahahahaha

Little groups of 10-20 people for casual online touneys?!?!

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

ORGANIZED, FOR MONEY, ACTUAL TOURNEMENTS you little SCRUB.

Exactly like the Starcraft tourneys, LoL tourneys, FG tourneys, FPS tourneys, etc, etc, etc, etc.

The reason there was NEVER one of these for Diablo 2 was because literally no one could take PvP in D2 seriously enough to put money up for it.

"over hyped SC tourneys"

Starcraft takes more skill at the bottom rung scrub level then anything Diablo PvP could ever hope to you delusional kid.

Ya.. Thats what i thought. You think PVP means commercial mainstream e sport for cash. Call me a scurb all you want, doesn't change the 'FACTs' in anyway.

There are TONS of games with a pvp comunity that doesn't involve money or corporate backings. The fact that you think corpoarte run events means sccessful pvp makes you a clown. Go nuts, claim what ever you want. Whats next? Left 4 dead Versus is for scrubs? How about tetris? How about.,, shaaad up!!

BTW, there have been D2 tourneys that involved money. Do the research instead of runnin' you mouth non stop thinking you actually have a point. D2 PVP was run by the players not the company.

No matter what you opinion is, you have been and continue to be wrong. Funny part is your atttiude...

Like being a total douche bag makes your bag of self opinions hold more truth. Personally i find you funny because your so full of crap.

Keep thumpin your keyboard. Like it matters. I was a part of the pvp scene back in the day so all yor doing is wasting keystrokes.
    lol

All the PvP "scene" was in D2 was epeen waving.

telehammerztelehammerztelehammerz (every single time I was challenged to a duel, and every single time, they died.)

But hey, you keep telling yourself that PvP in Diablo 2 was anything more then an afterthought for Blizzard.

"Commercial mainstream"

Bwhahahaha

You are talking about one of the most recognized games in PC history you moron, Diablo 2 is a commercial mainstream success.

Blizzard is COMMERCIAL AND MAINSTREAM. (or did you not notice the commercial mainstream tourneys that BLIZZARD PUTS ON?)

lol, trying to be an "underground hipster" with one of the most non underground games in PC history.
    Quote from AudioCG

lol

telehammerztelehammerztelehammerz (every single time I was challenged to a duel, and every single time, they died.)

But hey, you keep telling yourself that PvP in Diablo 2 was anything more then an afterthought for Blizzard.

"Commercial mainstream"

Bwhahahaha

You are talking about one of the most recognized games in PC history you moron, Diablo 2 is a commercial mainstream success.

Blizzard is COMMERCIAL AND MAINSTREAM.

lol, trying to be an "underground hipster" with one of the most non underground games in PC history.

Tele hammers? Im talking about D2 in its prime, when pvp was in its prime.. There where no enigmas and hammerdins where the weakest of the weak. You know that battlechest you bought 4 years ago? Yeah, thats not what the game was when it launched...lol

Wow, you sure do have alot of opinions about Diablo PVP even tho you know nothing about it. Wow, you won a few duels and think it matters.. And im the scrub?

Don't scrubs play pubs and think they are awesome?

Keep wasting keystrokes buddy. I think you almost have yourself convinced. Me, well it doesn't matter what you think.
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

lol

"Commercial mainstream"

Bwhahahaha

Tele hammers? Im talking about D2 in its prime, when pvp was in its prime.. There where no enigmas and hammerdins where the weakest of the weak. You know that battlechest you bought 4 years ago? Yeah, thats not what the game was when it launched...lol

Wow, you sure do have alot of opinions about Diablo PVP even tho you know nothing about it. Wow, you won a few duels and think it matters.. And im the scrub?

Keep wasting keystrokes buddy. I think you almost have yourself convinced. Me, well it doesn't matter what you think.

"D2 in its prime" (Yeah town hacks and corpse robbing was awesome)

Teh hipsters have spoken!

Most people consider D2 "in its prime" to be AFTER LOD. (you know, one of the most highly regarded expansions ever made?)

The rest of the world does not give a shit about hipster morons like you, I think im fine with your sorry ass not caring what I think, lol. (Even Blizzard does not give a shit about you at this point, you smack talk one of their premier products, roflol)

If you only liked Diablo 2 before LOD, you are around 10+ years out of date, and completely irrelevant to the Diablo community at this point.

But do go on, trying to convince yourself that you matter to anyone at this point.

(Mainstream corporations are teh evil, nothing new is good, yadda yadda, why the fuck would any game developer listen or care about anything you say at this point? Or anyone for that matter? Game developers/Film/Music/TV literally NOTHING is geared towards morons like you, because literally NO ONE CARES.)

Go back to your unpatched "Prime" version of Diablo 2 and play it with your 12 hipster buddies who are stuck in the misguided "anti consumerism" rut you cannot seem to dig yourselves out of.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

lol

"Commercial mainstream"

Bwhahahaha

"D2 in its prime" (Yeah town hacks and corpse robbing was awesome)

Teh hipsters have spoken!

Most people consider D2 "in its prime" to be AFTER LOD. (

If you only liked Diablo 2 before LOD, you are around 10+ years out of date, and completely irrelevant to the Diablo community at this point.

D2 in its prime had the most people playing it, its a 'FACT'. From about 4 months before expansion pack to about 2 years after expanion pack. It not my fault you fail to accept it this.

Also not my fault you fail to grasp what PVP was about in diablo 2. I mean 'Town hacks' and 'Corpse robbing' only took place in "PUBLIC FREE FOR ALL GAMES''.

Public free for all games where mainly anything goes, troll or die PK game. That was not dueling. Again, a true example of your real experience of D2 pvp. Which was mainly pub scrubbin'.

True PVP in diablo 3 was players or teams with RULES. The duel would not take place till both sides where ready. And honestly, players in the true pvp scene where cool, friendly and helpful players. Forget corpse robbing, they would actually give out free items to better others players. Lord knows i did when i could. We dueled because of the challenge and fun, not for the WIN and waving of the epeen.

Stop comparing your limted experience with pub ffa pk games as if that was the only pvp that existed in D2. Sure that was mindless fun, but that was not true diablo pvp.

I could walk into a PUB FFA game with my necro naked and wipe everyone out with invisible bone spirits before they even new what happen.. WOooop Dee Dooo

BTW... You acting like total douche bag doesn't make you right. Which seems to be the only thing you have left. Keep on douche'n it up, its not gonna change the fact you're full of it.

Like i said.. Deal with.
    So wait;

A game had its highest population within 2 years of release (LOD)?

NO WAI!

Just like EVERY OTHER GAME EVER MADE?

lol, I don't even know what to say.

Please explain to me why the community was so very against open world PvP in the years leading up to Diablo 3's release again? I thought it was "huge"?

You do realize that Blizzard is actually making PvP official in the way you are describing? As in Arenas, teams, everything.

They are actually WORKING on it, as opposed to your "prime" version, that had literally no development whatsoever?

BTW, you do realize being a douchebag hipster doesn't make you right?
    Quote from AudioCG

Please explain to me why the community was so very against open world PvP in the years leading up to Diablo 3's release again? I thought it was "huge"?

Dude, just drop the douchey comments. "Teh, hippster blippity blopp moron scrub" comments so i can just get to the point of what you are trying to say. Seeesh.

About that comment.

The PVP community was never against this. It was the PvM carebears that where against this. And obviously Jay Wilson catered to the care bears instead of the pkr's/pvpr's.

Mostly because of pkrs in pub games killing players. And those players not having the skills and gear to defend themselves. My god the crying i used to see in D2 was some of the most funniest things ive ever seen in a game. I always loved a good pkr in a pub game, mainly because i was always geared for pvp.

Anyways, the hostile button was a magical button in D2.

Ya, it would lead to PKing. But the pvp community could and did run its own leagues, tourneys with set rules. Players would actually mod the battles like a ref. Something you probably no very little about.

D3 pvp arena will remove all of this... So far it seems like D3 pvp will be nothing more than a CoD style public death matches. With the players having NO control of anything what so ever. Also, players not having the chance to duel when ever and how ever they want.

D3 pvp doesn't exist yet... which is also a crock.
    You tell me to "drop the comments" when you are incapable of doing that yourself?

Hypocrite.

Those "PvM carebears" are the VAST majority of the fan base.

You want people to care about your opinion, the whole while discounting the majority's, do I need to point out to you how retarded that is? (and a battle you have already lost?)

You said PvP was good in D2 BECAUSE of the self imposed teams/rules/etc, then go on to bash Blizzard for implementing exactly that. (Who says there wont be different gametypes, rulesets, etc? We already know there will be a "token" system in place, offering some form of rewards and the like, already adding a new layer to the PvP system.)

You seem very, very confused.

(And yes, PvP is taking forever for them to get out, they warned us it would take a while, and in true Blizzard fashion, it is late.)
    Quote from AudioCG

You tell me to "drop the comments" when you are incapable of doing that yourself?

Hypocrite.

You want people to care about your opinion, the whole while discounting the majority's, do I need to point out to you how retarded that is? (and a battle you have already lost?)

You said PvP was good in D2 BECAUSE of the self imposed teams/rules/etc, then go on to bash Blizzard for implementing exactly that. (Who says there wont be different gametypes, rulesets, etc? We already know there will be a "token" system in place, offering some form of rewards and the like, already adding a new layer to the PvP system.)

So basically cater to the PVM care bears and shut out everyone else right? So, tell me how well that has gone for D3 so far? Even the majority D2 PVM players are annoyed with this game..

Sorry, if i confuse you. Im a very confused person. As if not having any pvp in D3 7 months after release is sooo much fun.

Maybe if they just let players have a duel button id be doing other things instead of wasting my time talking to someone about D2 pvp that had barely pvp'd in D2. Like getting called a moron and hipster by some PVM guy is my idea of fun...lol

Thats the problem.. To many PVM players having an opinion about PVP. If you really wanna know the problem with NO PVP in D3, look in the mirror
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Hypocrite.

So basically cater to he PVM care bears and shut out everyone else right? So, tell me how well that has gone for D3 so far?

Sorry, if i confuse you. Im a very confused person. As if not having any pvp in D3 7 months after release is sooo much fun.

Maybe if they just let players have a duel button id be doing other things instead of wasting my time talking to someone about D2 pvp that had barely pvp'd in D2.

Thats the problem.. To many PVM players having an opinion about PVP. If you really wanna know the problem with NO PVP in D3, look in the mirror

A game developer catering to the majority of its fan base?

HOW DARE THEY? (Everyone knows the hallmark of a successful game developer is to cater to the minority first, amirite?)

Also, just because I did not really care about the lackluster PvP in Diablo 2 does not mean I am against PvP. (or never played it in D2, in the THOUSANDS of hours I logged into Diablo 2, I did in fact end up playing some PvP. Imagine that.)

Yes PvP is "late", yes some PvP players are pissed about it. (Yet they are in fact working on it, and by working on it, I mean actually DOING something with it, as opposed to the complete non development of PvP from Diablo 2, that hardly sounds like "shutting out" the PvP community.)

"How did that work out for them"

Fastest selling PC game of all time, WITHOUT ANY PVP. (something they were upfront with)

Seems like it worked out pretty good. Reality is a whole different ball of wax isn't it?

(Also, let me know if you want to try your hand at an actually competitive PvP game, so I can hand you your ass, k? Thanks. Or are they all too "corporate and mainstream" for you?)
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Hypocrite.

So basically cater to he PVM care bears and shut out everyone else right? So, tell me how well that has gone for D3 so far?

Maybe if they just let players have a duel button id be doing other things instead of wasting my time talking to someone about D2 pvp that had barely pvp'd in D2.

Also, just because I did not really care about the PvP in Diablo 2

And that right there is the point i made a long time ago.

Its amazing how much of an opinion about D2 pvp someone can have when they barely touched it.

Keep thumpin your keyboard. As if D3 being the fastest selling PC game of time means anything. Currently its also known as one of the biggest failures of all time. PVM player are complaining about lack of content while PVP players are complaining about lack of pvp.

Considering D2 had more game play options from builds, farming and pvp compared to D3 whos biggest claim to fame is the RMAH.

The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because players expected D2 with MORE. Not D2 with less. Hence the mountain of complaints, and the D3 devs adding more D2 features to the game. Let alone waiting for them to finish the game. PVP was a major selling point that still doesn't exist.

Closest thing to pvp is forums.. And if this was a duel, you have been gettin slaughtered since it started.
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Hypocrite.

Its amazing how much of an opinion about D2 pvp someone can have when they barely touchd it.

Keep thumpin your keyboard. As if D3 being the fastest selling PC game of time means anything. Currently its also known as one of the biggest failures of all time. PVM player are complaining about lack of content while PVP players are complaining about lack of pvp.

Considering D2 had more game play options from builds, farming and pvp compared to D3 whos biggest claim to fame is the RMAH.

The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because players expected D2 with MORE. Not D2 with less. Hence the mountain of complains the D3 devs adding more D2 features to the game. Let alone waiting for them to finish the game. PVP was a major selling point that still doesn't exist.

Closest thing to pvp is forums.. And if this was a duel, you have been gettin slaughtered since it started.

*sigh

So, so stupid.

Ok, just to be clear, since literacy seems to be your weak point.

I did not like PvP all that much in Diablo 2, because it was lazy and uninspired. (there were FAR more competitive and interesting PvP games available, hence, for my PvP interests, I would play the better PvP games, like Warcraft or Starcraft.) Again, Its not like I never touched PvP in Diablo 2, I played it, gave it a fair shake, and found it was not up to par with the PvP in other Blizzard games. (they had already set a higher standard for PvP at the time)

By your convoluted logic your opinion on Diablo 3 as a whole is automatically invalidated simply because you do not like it.

I guess there is no point in arguing with someone who cannot help contradicting themselves with every post, lol.

Whats cute is you seem to think Diablo 2 PvP was some form of high watermark for PvP in games, when in fact, it has never been taken seriously in any capacity. (literally all other Blizzard games have had accolades and constant praise for their exceptional PvP, and never is Diablo 2 mentioned.)

You seem to have trouble comprehending the FACT that Blizzards entire library of games has had heaps of praise for their spectacular PvP gameplay, and that Diablo is completely left off of that list. Literally ALL of their other titles have Esports level PvP, with the singular exception of the Diablo franchise, sorry to shatter your reality here, but Diablo has always been and will always be a PvE based game.
    Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Hypocrite.

You want people to care about your opinion, the whole while discounting the majority's, do I need to point out to you how retarded that is? (and a battle you have already lost?) Again, Its not like I never touched PvP in Diablo 2, I played it, gave it a fair shake, and found it was not up to par with the PvP in other Blizzard games.

Its amazing how much of an opinion about D2 pvp someone can have when they barely touchd it.

The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because players expected D2 with MORE. Not D2 with less. Hence the mountain of complains the D3 devs adding more D2 features to the game. Let alone waiting for them to finish the game. PVP was a major selling point that still doesn't exist.

I did not like PvP all that much in Diablo 2, because it was lazy and uninspired.

Ya, no shit. I read that already. Translated means. "I didn't like D2 pvp and barely touched it". Your opinion about what you consider fun pvp games is irrelevant when dealing with this topic. Alot of people played, lived and breathed D2 pvp. You honestly think myself or any of them care about what someone who barely touched it thinks?

Here.... 70 000+ pages of PVP topics. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/search?q=pvp&f=post

Go nuts.. Im done playing with you. Peace out fooooooOO.
    Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Quote from Vooodu

Quote from AudioCG

Hypocrite.

You want people to care about your opinion, the whole while discounting the majority's, do I need to point out to you how retarded that is? (and a battle you have already lost?) Again, Its not like I never touched PvP in Diablo 2, I played it, gave it a fair shake, and found it was not up to par with the PvP in other Blizzard games.

I did not like PvP all that much in Diablo 2, because it was lazy and uninspired.

Ya, no shit. I read that already. Translated means. "I didn't like D2 pvp and barely touched it". Your opinion about what you consider fun pvp games is irrelevant when dealing with this topic. Alot of people played, lived and breathed D2 pvp. You honestly think myself or any of them care about what someone who barely touched it thinks?

Here.... 70 000+ pages of PVP topics. http://us.battle.net...ch?q=pvp&f=post

Go nuts.. Im done playing with you. Peace out fooooooOO.

As expected, you dodge any real content, fail to answer anything of value, and avoid any difficult and challenging facts.

Just like you avoid any real PvP games, and anything that requires actual skill.

Duck and run.

"Im done playing with you" Translated means "I duck out of the whole library of ACTUAL PvP focused games Blizzard has, because I dont have the skills to compete in them, I have chosen the ONE game franchise they make that ISNT PvP focused so I can feel like I don't fail"
    People still search some kind of ruolistic pvp everywhere, meanwhile OSI servers are still online. All the true pvp players should go back there, the others asking for two-buttons pvp (?) on a hack-n-slash.. well, I just say LOL. Whatever Blizz will introduce must be taken as a side event, nothing more/less than an Infernal Machine bullshit to fullfill patches.

The (marketing) CORE of Diablo it's and it will perma-be the ITEM FARMING. Nothing else.
    And now get all back to your mindless monster melting.
    Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes