The PvP blog is MASSIVE...

after reading a tweet from you know who

Jay Wilson
    We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That's all I'll say about that.

probebly pvp blog will be a expesion pack

Execs probably saw his first tweet, called him to their board room, and yelled at him: "Are you INSANE? We're not GIVING things away! You idiot, we'll save PvP for an expansion!"

Except that Blues have already clearly stated that PvP will in fact be patched in, and not sold via an expansion.

It might interest you to know, that Blizzard has already done more updates with actual content for free in Diablo 3 then Vanilla Diablo 2 ever had. (most of the major changes content wise were after LOD)

Completely irrelevant as games were not patched so often a decade ago, and most of all thoses d3 updates just added or corrected what should have been there at release. Anyway: lol.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version

Jay Wilson
    We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That's all I'll say about that.

Execs probably saw his first tweet, called him to their board room, and yelled at him: "Are you INSANE? We're not GIVING things away! You idiot, we'll save PvP for an expansion!"

Except that Blues have already clearly stated that PvP will in fact be patched in, and not sold via an expansion.

It might interest you to know, that Blizzard has already done more updates with actual content for free in Diablo 3 then Vanilla Diablo 2 ever had. (most of the major changes content wise were after LOD)

Should I start fetching blue quotes that didn't quite turn out to be true?

Also, what do you mean by content? Do you mean the Legendaries that should've been there at launch, yet were only added four patches later? Do you mean some sort of end-game (MP levels) that should've been there at launch? Or do you mean the 2139749143827 different build combinations per class? Oh right....there are like 5 per class.
    These are all things that were talked about by people who played the beta. The beta!!! Up to lvl 13 and the Skeleton king, and still, people noticed how screwed up this game was.
    Yeah....Blizzard has given us so much...Please. Everything they've done so far was try to undo the crapstorm they turned this game into.
    Ship with ridiculous legendaries --> Spend time and effort correcting that
    Ship with zero end-game --> Spend time and effort correcting that
    See a pattern here?
    To me, this is not content. It's just correcting one's own screw-ups.

Seriously, get real. You're making a fool of yourself.

These are all things that were talked about by people who played the beta. The beta!!! Up to lvl 13 and the Skeleton king, and still, people noticed how screwed up this game was.

Was the closed beta also limited to level 13?

It's kinda ridiculous because right now this is ~15 minutes of your class lifetime and the spells you're using in the endgame are not available at 13. This was probably one of the main reasons why actually none of the "bugs" was discovered in the beta.

Jay Wilson

Should I start fetching blue quotes that didn't quite turn out to be true?

Also, what do you mean by content? Do you mean the Legendaries that should've been there at launch, yet were only added four patches later? Do you mean some sort of end-game (MP levels) that should've been there at launch? Or do you mean the 2139749143827 different build combinations per class? Oh right....there are like 5 per class.
    Yeah....Blizzard has given us so much...Please. Everything they've done so far was try to undo the crapstorm they turned this game into.
    Ship with ridiculous legendaries --> Spend time and effort correcting that
    Ship with zero end-game --> Spend time and effort correcting that
    See a pattern here?
    To me, this is not content. It's just correcting one's own screw-ups.

Seriously, get real. You're making a fool of yourself.

Ubers/Hellfire rings (as in actual new CONTENT)

Thanks, let me know when you actually get around to playing Diablo 2, and if you were paying attention to how long it took for actual NEW content to get added to that game. (psssst you little nublet, it was AFTER the expansion, humorously enough, what you are accusing Blizz of doing in D3, and NOT in D2, roflol.)

sarcasm/ Yeah, they should have shipped Diablo 2 with the skill synergy's in place, skill re specs in place, and actual friends list at launch, they were totally lazy when they made Diablo 2. /sarcasm

Please do go on like a moron though, I love just how clueless you really are.

You never actually played Diablo 2 at launch, or even before LOD did you? That seems fairly obvious. (whats funny is the list of stuff Diablo 2 had to "fix" is faaaaaaaaar longer then what they have patched in D3 so far.)

According to your "logic" (and I use that term VERY loosely) Blizzard was a horrible games developer when they released Diablo 2, and Diablo 2 would have been a failure. (we know that obviously is not true.)

Little bit of education for you here;

http://diablo.wikia....version_history

Everything up to 1.7 is vanilla D2. (1.7 shipped with LOD)

You wanna show me the CONTENT Blizzard added to Diablo 2?

Go right ahead, i'll wait, lol. (there isnt any, its all balance/bugfix/network fix/etc, and far more crash and critical bugs then D3 has ever had BTW)

Seriously, get real, your making a FOOL out of yourself kiddo.
    Blog will be released in January, PvP on test server in February, 3 months testing and whining and it might be playable in May. 1 year after release of the game it'll probably be just "ok". I really hope they will surprise me with something innovative in this blog. In that amount of time they could probably revamp every single skill in the game to have different effect in PvP, or make many different modes to play in (like CTF or whatnot).

I mean, they said many times there is a different team working on PvP than other contents, and we have seen beta PvP in Blizzcon 2010, so they had to do something crazy in that amount of time, right? Right?!

You never actually played Diablo 2 at launch, or even before LOD did you? That seems fairly obvious. (whats funny is the list of stuff Diablo 2 had to "fix" is faaaaaaaaar longer then what they have patched in D3 so far.)

According to your "logic" (and I use that term VERY loosely) Blizzard was a horrible games developer when they released Diablo 2, and Diablo 2 would have been a failure. (we know that obviously is not true.)

Go right ahead, i'll wait, lol. (there isnt any, its all balance/bugfix/network fix/etc, and far more crash and critical bugs then D3 has ever had BTW)

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad uuuuuUp.

D2 is a very old game... And even the vanilla OG version of Diablo 2 had more content and dept than D3 has.

Also, D2 had pvp,,, Thats all that mattered.

D2 is a very old game... And even the vanilla OG version of Diablo 2 had more content and dept than D3 has.

More content?

No, no it didn't. (again, you know that battlechest you bought 4 years ago? Yeah, thats not what the game was when it launched.)

More depth?

You don't think the skill synergy system was in place at launch do you? Or rune words? roflol, starting to be pretty easy to see how late you joined the party.

And PvP? You mean "Hostile" literally the laziest PvP in any game ever? (seriously, no one could take D2 PvP seriously, or did you not notice that D2 was the ONLY Blizzard game to NOT have any organized competitive scene?)

If D2 never made it to LOD, you kids would be singing a different tune right now.
    Comparing D2 to D3 is irrevelant, in this scenario.
    Why is it that they say it's not going to be an e-sport but they're taking so GD long on it?

Blog will be released in January, PvP on test server in February, 3 months testing and whining and it might be playable in May.

exactly my thoughts

they really went over the top when fail wilson said not even a f*cking blog is coming out this year, complete bullshit

Why is it that they say it's not going to be an e-sport but they're taking so GD long on it?

I would assume they have been having difficulty making it so upper tier players dont just 1 shot each other all the time.

I would assume they have been having difficulty making it so upper tier players dont just 1 shot each other all the time.

Just remove all crit damage from pvp. Problem solved.

More content?

No, no it didn't. (again, you know that battlechest you bought 4 years ago? Yeah, thats not what the game was when it launched.)

More depth?

You don't think the skill synergy system was in place at launch do you? Or rune words? roflol, starting to be pretty easy to see how late you joined the party.

And PvP? You mean "Hostile" literally the laziest PvP in any game ever? (seriously, no one could take D2 PvP seriously, or did you not notice that D2 was the ONLY Blizzard game to NOT have any organized competitive scene?)

If D2 never made it to LOD, you kids would be singing a different tune right now.

Hey.... Dumbass. Listen up. I had D2 right from launch. I was a HUGE FAN of classic D2, and my post was about D2 CLASSIC.

As matter of fact i HATE D2s current state, Enigmas runed the game. I hated synergies and the overpowered rune words. Thats the main reason i DONT play D2 anymore.

And "SERIOUSLY" D2 pvp was huge. I don't need your jacked up slop of bullshat tellin me other wise.

I PVP'd in D2 for months before the XPAC and for years after the xpac. There was a HUGE community for pvp. Form PKing, FFA to Legit, private duels with rules.

So please... SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAdd UPP!

marketing talk, probably to drag more kiddies on one hand and it can also been read like the Bashiok statement before release says something like "you should not get your expectation too high". They probably know the content they will release is not very good at all.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

Yeah, posing as the only person here that played D2 classic, and calling everyone a kid........two sure-fire ways of identifying a forum troll. Not replying to that, obviously. IF you actually address what I brought up, then maybe. But of course, that's not gonna happen; it wouldn't be trollish enough.
    Please leave. You'd do everyone a favour.

Also, D2 classic was better than LoD (with a couple of exceptions).
    Chuck Norris is Lead designer for Diablo 3's PvP content. He's still looking for ways to not 1-shot everything with his round house kick but it's force is unaltered by Blizzard's nerfbat.

On a more serious note though,PvP content oughts to be outstanding,it has been delayed soooo damn much that it could be a completely brand new game developed considering the time spent on it and still counting. Unless they reached it to 95% then saw a big hole in the system and started from scratch again. Something similar to the skills system for this same game,which they dumped and started over. But i think even this (sounds more difficult to do than PvP) took considerably less than a year comparing to PvP which without any surprises should almost (if not) reach/surpass 12 months before being implemented after the game's launch.
    Ignorance is Bliss.

Yeah, posing as the only person here that played D2 classic, and calling everyone a kid........two sure-fire ways of identifying a forum troll. Not replying to that, obviously. IF you actually address what I brought up, then maybe. But of course, that's not gonna happen; it wouldn't be trollish enough.
    Please leave. You'd do everyone a favour.

Also, D2 classic was better than LoD (with a couple of exceptions).

Yeah, being a trendy internet hipster (everything is always better when it is older, amirite?) is a sure fire way to identify an internet troll.....

Also, show me a SINGLE organized competition (as in a event) for D2 PvP, go ahead, i'll wait. (every other Blizz game has had exactly these, except D2, I wonder why....)

Common, just ONE, according to you, PvP for Diablo 2 was "huge", just one event, just one organized competition, should be easy to produce right? (you cant, because it never happened, because no one took D2 pvp seriously, ever.)

So.... according to YOU (as in your words, not mine) you have hated Diablo 2 for what? 10 YEARS?

Why would anyone be surprised that you hate D3? You have disliked Diablo 2 for the majority of its existence, you are not a Diablo fan AT ALL, roflol. (you have literally stated you have disliked/hated Diablo for over a DECADE)

You claim to be a fan of Diablo, yet you seem to hate everything about the series, your a horribly confused hypocrite.

Why would ANYONE take you seriously? You (according to your own words, lol) quit D2 after those patches, and by extension, LOD, you obviously have not played the game in around a DECADE, and know nothing about how the game evolved. (you claim to "hate D2" and have "quit playing it")

So, your waaaaaaaaaaaay out of date, completely irrelevant to the community, and lack any recent experience with the franchise at all.....

Why would anyone even care about your opinion of the game then? Why would ANYONE care what some douche who hates everything Diablo has been about for the last ten freaking years give a crap about your opinion on the current game?

Why are you even part of a Diablo community at this point? Did you get lost along the way? ROFLOL (again, because you seem very, VERY confused here, you have hated Diablo 2 for a VERY long time, and hate Diablo 3........ you have not been able to find anything else to do in the last 12 years?!?!? Good lord man.)

I have never seen so much fail from one person before, seriously man, you obviously hate the franchise, and have for a long time, FIND ANOTHER GAME. (I hear they make other ones!)
    @AudioCG:
    lol at your arguments. I might need to check for cancerous tumors now.
    Quit being as obnoxious and whiny because you are proven wrong. Stop attacking maka instead realising what you are defending.

Drop the hate, it shows.

ps:
    Also, show me a SINGLE organized competition (as in a event) for D2 PvP, go ahead, i'll wait. (every other Blizz game has had exactly these, except D2, I wonder why....)
    rofl I can't get enough of this sh*t, yet I have to be honest: 0/10. (there won't ever be a SINGLE organized competition for D3 PvP either, but I know why....)

@AudioCG:
    lol at your arguments. I might need to check for cancerous tumors now.
    Quit being as obnoxious and whiny because you are proven wrong. Stop attacking maka instead realising what you are defending.

Drop the hate, it shows.

ps:
    rofl I can't get enough of this sh*t, yet I have to be honest: 0/10. (there won't ever be a SINGLE organized competition for D3 PvP either, but I know why....)

Ahhh, brx, could you show me where I was "proven wrong"? (no really, show me this "wrong")

No?

Imagine that.

Same question goes for you, you hate D3, you have openly said, and I quote "COD and Bieber are better then Diablo 3".

Yet you cannot find anything better to do with your life then troll Diablo 3 forums all day.

Find a point in your sad little life. (go play COD while listening to Bieber, slit your wrists, play any other game then Diablo 3?)
    this drama is hilarious

go on
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes