The PvP blog is MASSIVE...

I mean it has to be right? They probably have a full team just typing the text 24/7 for the past two weeks. Gonna be published hardback first. You can soon(tm) pre-order at Amazon.com for the great price of €59.99.
    after reading a tweet from you know who

Jay Wilson
    We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That's all I'll say about that.

probebly pvp blog will be a expesion pack
    Blog was originally written in Klingon and had to be translated though Aramaic, Greek, Latin, and the language of Mordor before it could be correctly understood in English.
    Quote from Ashbinder

Jay Wilson
    We are not likely to post a PVP update until the end of the month. Note: that is not a promise. That's all I'll say about that.

Execs probably saw his first tweet, called him to their board room, and yelled at him: "Are you INSANE? We're not GIVING things away! You idiot, we'll save PvP for an expansion!"
    Legends tell of a man who once saw the PvP blog before everyone else. No one knows of his whereabouts these days but rumors say he can be found in the streets of multiple cities along the footpath rambling on about future expansions and resurrections of Prime evils while begging for spare change.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Massive or not, it belongs in the PvP forum. :)
    I've given up on waiting for it. I probably won't like it upon release, just like the game itself. It's funny how they release the garbage first and then gather all the complaints and fix it like we're still in fucking beta. Why not release some information about it and see how the community reacts first?
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    Quote from zeroRooter

I've given up on waiting for it. I probably won't like it upon release, just like the game itself. It's funny how they release the garbage first and then gather all the complaints and fix it like we're still in fucking beta. Why not release some information about it and see how the community reacts first?

Because some will like the idea, some wont. Blizz might decide to not change a thing - the first will rejoice, the second will chant how Blizz doesn't listen to the community. If they change something, the first will say this game is still garbage and the ideas that were never implemented were much better, the new ones will rejoice.

Whoever is happier will not enter topics to say they're happier though. They'll be playing the game.

As little space between the blog and the PvP patch the better.
    PvP is going to be a massive let down thats for sure.
    The only reason it will be a let down is because of all the people expecting WoW balanced pvp.

Have you all seen the number of threads on "christmas in Diablo land"??

I remember D2 pvp as being absolutely terrible if you didn't play a specific class or had specific builds to counter others. I predict it will be the same in D3 which will be "terrible" for a lot of the WoW no current subscription players trying to substitute their MMORPG.
    Quote from Stephenk291

PvP is going to be a massive let down thats for sure.

Can't be any worse then NO PVP... Can't it?
    Quote from pylorih

I remember D2 pvp as being absolutely terrible if you didn't play a specific class or had specific builds to counter others.

Well... Some skills where better tuned for PVM instead of PVP. Its safe to tsay the same will apply in D3.

Running around in all Crit gear or trying to rely on WOTB isn't gonna cut it.
    Quote from Ducha

Legends tell of a man who once saw the PvP blog before everyone else. No one knows of his whereabouts these days but rumors say he can be found in the streets of multiple cities along the footpath rambling on about future expansions and resurrections of Prime evils while begging for spare change.

So thats what happened to Cain
    F*ck all this negativity. Pvp is gonna be legen... wait for it....
    ^^Yeah, you can wait for it, allright....
    ...dary.

edit: @Juno. HA!
    overneathe cheated! He beat me to it cuz of the 10char limit -.-

I would be severely disappointed if all this PVP patch included was PVP. We're talking about something that was going to be released 'soon after release' and is now stretching to probably 9-10 months after release. If it doesn't include a slew of game changing affixes or changes to the system I'm pretty much giving up hope on any real depth fix for D3 lol.
    Quote from maliceubx

I would be severely disappointed if all this PVP patch included was PVP. We're talking about something that was going to be released 'soon after release' and is now stretching to probably 9-10 months after release. If it doesn't include a slew of game changing affixes or changes to the system I'm pretty much giving up hope on any real depth fix for D3 lol.

The slew will come in 1.0.7 which we're awaiting in the very near future. Before PvP.

Well nothing ground breaking probably. But lots of balancing and polishing.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Ashbinder

Jay Wilson

Execs probably saw his first tweet, called him to their board room, and yelled at him: "Are you INSANE? We're not GIVING things away! You idiot, we'll save PvP for an expansion!"

Except that Blues have already clearly stated that PvP will in fact be patched in, and not sold via an expansion.

It might interest you to know, that Blizzard has already done more updates with actual content for free in Diablo 3 then Vanilla Diablo 2 ever had. (most of the major changes content wise were after LOD)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes