Do you think Barbarians will be viable in pvp?

Quote from lyx

Let say 400k ranged dps vs 100k hp barb - if someone really think that melee class can stand a chance must be naive or just dumb ;). I like even more all those comments about skill and builds - wrong game dude it's all about gear and $$$ at end.

Only person dumb here is you because you really think in PvP there will be 400k dps? Hell no they will reduce it somehow so your post is big nonsense.There will be some dps/hp balance for pvp arenas thats for sure.
    Quote from Bloodseeker1604

Quote from lyx

Let say 400k ranged dps vs 100k hp barb - if someone really think that melee class can stand a chance must be naive or just dumb ;). I like even more all those comments about skill and builds - wrong game dude it's all about gear and $$$ at end.

Only person dumb here is you because you really think in PvP there will be 400k dps? Hell no they will reduce it somehow so your post is big nonsense.There will be some dps/hp balance for pvp arenas thats for sure.

in d2 damage against players was reduced to 1/6 before resistances where applied. a character with 400k spreadsheet dps will have about 2m actual dps, that is 333k dps against players, say the player on the recieving end of that damage has 70% damage reduction from armor and another 70% reduction from resistance, that means he will recieve 70k damage per second, barbs have 30% redusction so he only recieves about 50k damage per second, that can still kill a barb in 2or 3 seconds, maybe 4 or 5 if he uses defensive cooldowns. ranged does have an avantage in my opinion because they have homing skills and better survival cooldowns/skills, and better crowd control. a simple windforce can keep any class locked down for 5 seconds if you have enough attackspeed, enough to kill them
    They better be!
    Quote from kablooie

in d2 damage against players was reduced to 1/6 before resistances where applied. a character with 400k spreadsheet dps will have about 2m actual dps, that is 333k dps against players, say the player on the recieving end of that damage has 70% damage reduction from armor and another 70% reduction from resistance, that means he will recieve 70k damage per second, barbs have 30% redusction so he only recieves about 50k damage per second, that can still kill a barb in 2or 3 seconds, maybe 4 or 5 if he uses defensive cooldowns. ranged does have an avantage in my opinion because they have homing skills and better survival cooldowns/skills, and better crowd control. a simple windforce can keep any class locked down for 5 seconds if you have enough attackspeed, enough to kill them

My barb reduce 1m dmg single hit to less than 30k and that's not including block (34%), dodge (20 - 35%), HP regen (5k per second) and ignore pain (reduce dmg to less than 10k), so I'll gladly eat all thoes homing skills and stunlock thoes glass cannons while my teammates oneshot them.

Fast attackers and lower single hit dmg will be even easier with block.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes