Do you think Barbarians will be viable in pvp?

Quote from lyx

Let say 400k ranged dps vs 100k hp barb - if someone really think that melee class can stand a chance must be naive or just dumb ;). I like even more all those comments about skill and builds - wrong game dude it's all about gear and $$$ at end.

Are you factoring damage mitigation in, or are you just making a simplistic analysis "derp I have 400k dps, you have 100k hp ,you die" ?
    Quote from maka

Quote from lyx

Let say 400k ranged dps vs 100k hp barb - if someone really think that melee class can stand a chance must be naive or just dumb ;). I like even more all those comments about skill and builds - wrong game dude it's all about gear and $$$ at end.

Are you factoring damage mitigation in, or are you just making a simplistic analysis "derp I have 400k dps, you have 100k hp ,you die" ?

Are you ? we dont know how it's going to work yet so my statement can be as true as yours. So far we know that such absurd numbers can already exist and i'll take bazooka over sword in battlefield every time.
    Quote from lyx

except barbs can have reflect dmg, so that 400k dps ranged is just gonna oneshot himself :)
    and even if he doesnt he is gonna have a huge berserked barb leaping on him going all mc hammer on his face. if he somehow manages to survive that and escape he will just be pulled back in and be killed
    Quote from lyx

Quote from maka

Quote from lyx

Are you ? we dont know how it's going to work yet so my statement can be as true as yours. So far we know that such absurd numbers can already exist and i'll take bazooka over sword in battlefield every time.

I'm already planning on marketing myself as a bazooka-for-hire once PVP hits.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from lyx

What will you do when you face a ranged barb with more dps then you, and more ehp ?
    Quote from lyx

Quote from maka

Quote from lyx

What are you talking about?
    What you said makes no sense. Just because you have 400k character sheet dps, and the other guy has 100k HP, it doesn't mean you're going to one-shot him. He could have 10k armour and 900 res all, and your DPS would be down to a trickle.
    Do you think Barbarians will be viable in pvp?

Does a Druid shit in the woods?
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from maka

Quote from lyx

Quote from maka

Quote from lyx

What are you talking about?
    What you said makes no sense. Just because you have 400k character sheet dps, and the other guy has 100k HP, it doesn't mean you're going to one-shot him. He could have 10k armour and 900 res all, and your DPS would be down to a trickle.

Math is hard......

Maka is right. Mitigation is a powerful thing. It makes me wonder why so many @ Bnet forums were crying about Monks and Barbs getting that +30% dmg reduction? Some questions shouldn't be asked lest we make fools of ourselves.
    BurningRope#1322
    People still belive PVP is coming.

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    Imo barbs will not be that good. Fact that it is melee is already huge penalty. The way barb gets resource is another problem. They don't have quick passive regeneration, you need to either cast cooldown skills or hit something (gl with that).
    How do you think you are supposed to catch a kiting class with unlimited resources like demon hunter? Oh and it uses homing attack that can hit you from 2 screens away, it is impossible to dodge.

Imo the hardest thing in pvp will be to hit something with melee class, and barbs are probably worst at doing it.
    What is worst enemy for pve barb? fast occultist? Pvp vs ranged class will be like fighting occultists except much faster, inteligent, and that deal way more damage.
    Yes - I expect them to in the top.

People who keeps saying stuff like barb's are melee and DH/Wiz can kite them around, tend to forget you can actually build a barb that are 100% ranged. Take a look at guys like Dtx (http:// eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Det0x-2856/hero/432203) who are completely ranged and have 250k+ sheet dps.
    Yes, there is 1 skill. And that skill is not homing, so you can manually dodge this at far distances. You can't do it against hunhering arrow or spirit barrage (or several others homing abilities).
    Fact that barb has 1 single target simple ranged attack doesn't make it good in pvp.
    Reflect will make it hard for high dps chars to kill barbs, like said earlier. Groundstomp will stun the running cunts. I think barbs will be the ranged class kryptonite... But this will go both ways i guess. I don't believe barbs will be OP, ok well mayb in the beginning. But Blizz will balance it out, i'm confident they will ^^

edit: Cant wait to pick up the axe and slay some DH's
    barbs will be so stronk dont know what to do as wizz if i cant cc him
    Quote from burninfate

Most of the other classes are ranged and have movement abilities to avoid leap. Where do you think a Barbarian will be, 1-5 in pvp?
    Just to nitpick a bit, you said "most classes are ranged" but I believe it is 50:50 at the moment--barb and monk being melee, DH and wizard being ranged. I would even say it is 25:75 in favor of ranged because barb can use "effective" ranged build that might actually work in PvP.
    Quote from GroentjeBE

Reflect will make it hard for high dps chars to kill barbs, like said earlier. Groundstomp will stun the running cunts.

...Really, running cunts? Newbie?

Sheesh, reminds of the idiots in D2 public games that played barbs that would always cry about ranged classes maintaining breathing/attacking range.

Its not running... Running means you want to escape. You can't expect a ranged class to sit in one spot so you can chop away.

Also, I can't wait to get ground stomped.
    i hope they will be
    ye barbs have ground stomp, charge, leap but I'm afraid they wont be enough and it will be very hard to hit something with wepon throw. I have 87paragon level barb, its great to farm legs, but I started to gear up my demon hunter for pvp because it has much bigger potential and far superior abilities as regards pvp:
    -hungering arrow- kinda shoot and forget missle
    -entangling shot- why not spam slow
    -smoke screen with lingering fog/shadow power with gloom - you wont even have to kite with decent def stats
    -but if you will, well you can always spam vault with preparation
    - on top of that you can pick traps, sentries with life regs and companions

IN pvp set on dh I have 120k hp 500res 3.5k loh 1.5k life reg. with 80k+ dps. I can get more HP on my barb with similar dps and probably more reses with shout, but it wont be even half as good as DH, because the mobility and dps output in pvp environment will be far worse.
    Quote from liquidt22

ye barbs have ground stomp, charge, leap but I'm afraid they wont be enough and it will be very hard to hit something with wepon throw. I have 87paragon level barb, its great to farm legs, but I started to gear up my demon hunter for pvp because it has much bigger potential and far superior abilities as regards pvp:
    -smoke screen with lingering fog/shadow power with gloom - you wont even have to kite with decent def stats

IN pvp set on dh I have 120k hp 500res 3.5k loh 1.5k life reg. with 80k+ dps. I can get more HP on my barb with similar dps and probably more reses with shout, but it wont be even half as good as DH, because the mobility and dps output in pvp environment will be far worse.
    I agree, i dont see how a barb can ever hope to kill a demon hunter in pvp, all crowd control is useless because we have snokescreen wich i can use like 8 times in a row (with preperation) enough time for my sentries to kill any barb, im going semi glass cannon, relying on smokescreen and 45% dodge chance to survive (i can still take 2 or 3 hits) and stacking attack speed, average damage and dex to make my sentries hit as hard as i can, taking a windforce with max knockback for crowd control
    Quote from kablooie

Quote from liquidt22

I agree, i dont see how a barb can ever hope to kill a demon hunter in pvp, all crowd control is useless because we have snokescreen wich i can use like 8 times in a row (with preperation) enough time for my sentries to kill any barb, im going semi glass cannon, relying on smokescreen and 45% dodge chance to survive (i can still take 2 or 3 hits) and stacking attack speed, average damage and dex to make my sentries hit as hard as i can, taking a windforce with max knockback for crowd control

I expect smoke screen to be nerfed to reduce damage taken by 8x+% as it will be too strong in a pvp match, espiecially with old natalya bonus set. Also vault wil be to good in current state and a short cd might be added but even with these nerfes dhs will still roll over other classes, especially barbs/monks. Im a barb fun and its the best class for pve farm but to all guys thinking seriously about pvp reroll now, because what worked in pve wont be as good in pvp. To all those looking up to dtx with ranged build, he has eq worth few billions/x000euro... Throw barb might work in pvp if weapon throw would generate rage instead of requiring it, so you wouldnt end up rage starved while not hitting anything. Blizz might look into it and make ancient spear rage spender and wep throw generator because future does not look bright. Will see:)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes