PVP tournament ideas

Hi.
    I have become interested in a project, and I am missing some ideas. And who is better to ask, then the players themselves ..
    The idea is to start a website strictly for creating diablo PVP tournaments.. The idea could be something like:
    An overview of player rankings (if a score is somehow made by blizzard, that is)
    - with link to the accounts obviously.

Or another idea could be a website, which can create tournaments.
    So you could sign up for maybe a weekly tournament or monthly etc.

What do you think is a MUST if such a site is established ? Or what kind of site do you think would be interesting to make ? There are sites that overview PVP rankings of world of warcraft gamers, which is often visited and used.
    I have purchased a domain called diablobattles .com and am thinking of starting something, and would really like some feedback from you guys !.

Kind Regards.
    Score-wise, just run it based on the ELO system that appears in LoL (or invisibly in SC2). Wins:loss ratio most importantly, but you can also factor in kills:deaths ratio (and even assists if that becomes a traceable stat) to determine some form of Hero score that DiabloProgress uses.

Thus, there will be leaderboards for categories like ELO, total kill count, etc.

Holding tournaments will require a lot of people to actually register on this website you're thinking of. And it'll be tough because you have to match the website account with the battletag (again, DiabloProgress does this well with their character validation process). Until you rack up a respectable number of players (I'm talking hundreds here), it might not be a good idea to include arranged tournaments to start.

Begin by tracking stats. A lot of player-made leagues in RTS and MOBA games all have these types of third-party websites where they conduct their own stat tracking and contests.

After you set all the important numbers up, you'll have to make everything look neat and professional. No one wants to look at eye cancer (sloppy banners, silly layouts, poorly coordinated colors, horrid font, erroneous spelling and grammar, etc.)
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

Score-wise, just run it based on the ELO system that appears in LoL (or invisibly in SC2). Wins:loss ratio most importantly, but you can also factor in kills:deaths ratio (and even assists if that becomes a traceable stat) to determine some form of Hero score that DiabloProgress uses.

Thus, there will be leaderboards for categories like ELO, total kill count, etc.

Holding tournaments will require a lot of people to actually register on this website you're thinking of. And it'll be tough because you have to match the website account with the battletag (again, DiabloProgress does this well with their character validation process). Until you rack up a respectable number of players (I'm talking hundreds here), it might not be a good idea to include arranged tournaments to start.

Begin by tracking stats. A lot of player-made leagues in RTS and MOBA games all have these types of third-party websites where they conduct their own stat tracking and contests.

After you set all the important numbers up, you'll have to make everything look neat and professional. No one wants to look at eye cancer (sloppy banners, silly layouts, poorly coordinated colors, horrid font, erroneous spelling and grammar, etc.)

The first big problem here is that there won't be any stats to pull from. Straight from Blizzard all the important stats will be invisible and therefore would require you to break into servers to retrieve data, or to run risky third party apps to track you as you fight. Diabloprogress pulls from the API Blizzard has put up, but there won't be one for PVP. There won't be any visible win / loss ratios or K/A/D stats to pull from, meaning any stats on any supposed tournament website will be whatever any player wants to say they are.

^ This is all subject to change if Blizzard suddenly has a change of heart, which I highly doubt.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Ah,yeah, totally forgot to include that point in there.

All of this is possible if and only if Blizzard makes the data known.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    i think you will be able to use achivements to get some kind of score going on if there is non done by blizzard (would be totaly stupid if they dont make some kind of ranking system or show wins-lose ratio imo) . but the idea is vary nice was think of doing something like that my self but not shure if ppl be instered and what format would it be. but non the less interesint idea and if you need help would be glad to help you out.
    I really hope that blizzard will make some sort of Database with the different rankings.
    With that said, it might be nessesary to talk to blizzard about exactly that..
    I am glad there might be an interest in this. :)
    Sounds great
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes