PVP on DIABLO 3???

bro d3's pvp system is very complex it will be hard to balance it out be4 releasing it but i agree it took them too long for a gaming company this big
    I'm so looking forward to d3 pvp.
    so, PVP is 6 months late.

well, i really was a diablo fanboy for 10 years, this made me hate it.
    they failed so hard its silly
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Jay Wilson ‏@Angryrobotics
    @scaryrobots We'll be doing a PVP blog update very soon. Sorry to keep you waiting.

check Jay Wilson's twitter :>
    Quote from Janno

Jay Wilson ‏@Angryrobotics
    @scaryrobots We'll be doing a PVP blog update very soon. Sorry to keep you waiting.

check Jay Wilson's twitter :>

My PvP senses are tingling.
    You guys do realize they had to pretty much reinvent the end game content to keep whatever remaining players they continuing to play and possibly attract disgruntled ones back.

I'm not making excuses for the lack of PvP, it should be out by now, but with the initial disappointment of what was released it's probably best it's not in game yet. There's many who have said they would have waited another 6 months for D3's release and there will be more saying the same for PvP.

I posted back in August somewhere I was expecting PvP to be mid october. I change that to Late Feb/Early March.
    Only thing im scared of pvp is that there is no specific pvp gear.. so its pay to win? Rich kids buy awesome gear from RMAH with daddys visa and then they own pvp... doesnt sound fun to me in any ways. If its that way i will skip the pvp.. :( any thoughts?
    Quote from Babu

Only thing im scared of pvp is that there is no specific pvp gear.. so its pay to win? Rich kids buy awesome gear from RMAH with daddys visa and then they own pvp... doesnt sound fun to me in any ways. If its that way i will skip the pvp.. :( any thoughts?
    It's not pay to win, it never has been. I'm not going to do the whole "If you don't like the game go play something else blah blah blah" and all that crap. All there really is to it is just a bit of patience and knowing how to actually use the auction house.

There's no such thing as pay to win, if you don't want to buy something expensive, guess what? you don't have to! There's the exact same gear on the auction house at lower prices, all you have to do is look for it. You don't have to use the RMAH, so that rules out the "using daddy's credit card" saying that whiner's use.

If there were PvP specific gear wouldn't there be the same "problem" of "pay to win"? People putting up really good gear for high prices?

Please, don't come in jumping to conclusions that because there's no PvP specific gear that it's pay to win. It's really annoying.

In response to my thoughts on there being no specific gear! I think it's great, means I don't have to feel that I need to PvE to be able to destroy at PvP. By that I mean having to obtain the gear through drops or however they would have made us get it.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Quote from Babu

If Blizzard's original standpoint still er... stands, the rich kid draining loot from the nipple would do them more harm than good, as the original design ethos is the PvP queue would pit you against people of a similar gear standard. Buy all your gear and have no knowledge how to use it? Good luck when you get queued against someone geared and skilled.
    Actually I'd like to see Weapons for PvP tokens. :-)
    PVP will be like in diablo 2, just with arena's and shit.. But its going to be the same. Sweet geared players roflstomping bad geared players.

People who took the effort in getting max paragon, getting a sweet gear set, will harvest from that when pvp comes. They roflstomp the lacy persons, whos like paragon 20 and are decked out in crap with 1 medicore weapon. Effort will pay off in pvp.

Its going to be all about gear. Gear you farm yourself. So get on it. Unless ofc your fine with being food for the big players.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

PVP will be like in diablo 2, just with arena's and shit.. But its going to be the same. Sweet geared players roflstomping bad geared players.

People who took the effort in getting max paragon, getting a sweet gear set, will harvest from that when pvp comes. They roflstomp the lacy persons, whos like paragon 20 and are decked out in crap with 1 medicore weapon. Effort will pay off in pvp.

Its going to be all about gear. Gear you farm yourself. So get on it. Unless ofc your fine with being food for the big players.

i agree, but i think that this can be solved with a good code by developers.

something like: players who are best with some paragon and some status can play with players with higher status and paragon levels.
    Why should it get solved? Hard work needs to be rewarded. Its a players choice if he wants to get the paragon levels and the reward it brings. Sitting doing nothing should and most likely will not get rewarded.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    pvp in 2013 slow blizzard but i hope it will be good
    It will be gear2win :) I have paragon 100 and i don't feel like i should get rewarded in pvp for time spent on the game.
    In my opinion pvp should be about skill but it won't be. Unfortunately.
    pvp with white gear.

I agree!

Madness.
    Quote from TehAdi

It will be gear2win :) I have paragon 100 and i don't feel like i should get rewarded in pvp for time spent on the game.
    In my opinion pvp should be about skill but it won't be. Unfortunately.

Skill in a game like diablo.. xD
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Quote from Huminator

ye sad its impossible. Every pvp should be about skill instead of money spent on gear.
    Quote from Babu

Ya....Diablo PVP is meant to be played by gearing youself.

Also, lets hope blizzard removes crit damage and nerfs total damage output done to players.

Because honestly, as is. Credit card players would'nt matter much. Even if they could do 1 bll crit damage they could still die to a player doing 10 k dps just for the simpell fact most players have only about 50 k life.
    Quote from TehAdi

Quote from Huminator

ye sad its impossible. Every pvp should be about skill instead of money spent on gear.

Not everyone is stupid or pathetic enough to spend money on gear. And really, Diablo PVP was "ALWAYS' about gearing yourself.

Thank GOD blizzard kept it the way it should be....
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes