PVP on DIABLO 3???

we are reaching the midle of november and no sign of pvp was given...

wtf?
    I aggree :/

Wtf x 2?
    PvP in D3 is the cow level of D1, a myth and will be added as a funny thing in Diablo 4...

It will require you to spam click a suspicious gem in the menu and in-game you have to use:
    • Beard of Cain (uniqe helmet that grants you instant identifies of your rares and legendaries while equipped)
    • Nipple of Diablo (a re-useable potion that replenishes your health and other resources when sucked on)
    • Wirt's Leg (of course!)
    Equip the beard, suck on the nipple and beat the poor village kids outside the inn to open the portal to the PVP realm.
    Since its silent, expect something big for us in terms of PvP.
    And when a date is set for the expansion, we can gladly see the PvP BEFORE the expansion, giving it a better overlook on the timeperiod we have to wait.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Not that I care for PVP, but Blizzard failed to deliver it in a timely manner. Add that to the ever growing, great, stinking pile of Diablo 3 failures, and what we have is probably the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. Relatively speaking, of course. The game isn't all bad, it's just that the expectations were enormous.

Perhaps Blizzard thought since it took 12 years to make, it would take 12 years to play.... might explain the lack of end game content at launch.
    However much I don't care about pvp I actually think it could add flavour to an otherwise pointless game.

What is the purpose? Farm gear to sell so you get gold and buy gear that you later use to ... uh.. farm gear? And then what? I've killed Diablo a number of times already. Killing the same "bosses" over and over isn't my idea of having fun. I guess Blizzard's definition of having fun is different from mine these days.

I think I've extended my D3 binge a bit too long. Time to play something else for 6 months.
    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.

Not that I care for PVP, but Blizzard failed to deliver it in a timely manner. Add that to the ever growing, great, stinking pile of Diablo 3 failures, and what we have is probably the biggest gaming disappointment of 2012. Relatively speaking, of course. The game isn't all bad, it's just that the expectations were enormous.
    You never know, you may wake up one morning and BAM PvP patch has arrived (of course this day would have to be a Wednesday for the maintenance, and we'll probably know because they'd tell us.)

But who knows, it'd be interesting to see how pvp balances out, especially with the stat bonuses from paragon leveling and the crazy amounts of gear people have nowadays, and the crazy amount of people who don't have outrageous gear.

What is the purpose? Farm gear to sell so you get gold and buy gear that you later use to ... uh.. farm gear? And then what? I've killed Diablo a number of times already. Killing the same "bosses" over and over isn't my idea of having fun. I guess Blizzard's definition of having fun is different from mine these days.

Uhhh...... welcome to the Diablo franchise?
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    I´m playin hardcore until the pvp patch arrives. No point farmin if i dont know whats gona work or not in pvp (for me)
    I think they will announce PvP patch before xmas and it will be out around Feb.

I think h'n's is just not your type of game then.
    Do you guys think they will have more then just 4v4 deathmatch in the beginning? I really REALLY hope somehow...someway... FREE. ROAM. PVP. with a hostile button added right to the side of player icons. =3
    For waiting this long I expect 1v1 pvp, else I will be really disappointed with them.
    OR

something like battlegrounds with capture the flag, domination, headquarters and so on... that would be just awesome.

I can haz dreamz?

However much I don't care about pvp I actually think it could add flavour to an otherwise pointless game.

I think I've extended my D3 binge a bit too long. Time to play something else for 6 months.

If you didn't know, farming better gear and killing the same enemies over and over again, has always been one of the biggest parts of diablo.

This has been said, but I feel the need to reiterate. Welcome to the Franchise, perhaps you should have done some historical research before hopping on the 'OMG D3 OUT AFTER 10 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT!?'

It just boggles my mind, the game really has come leaps and bounds from launch with the new systems, revamped unique/set items, etc. They just need to factor PvP into the mix with some new twists.

There also shouldn't be some kind of filter on the type of gear levels being normalized when PvP'ing. In D2 if you couldn't match up to others in PvP games, the general idea was go back to farming. Farm up wealth, and create a great PvP character. This can be offset however by some kind of matchmaking that takes into account your hero paragon/gear levels and matches you against equally strong characters. I can imagine this would be fairly complex however, and perhaps that is what is holding everything up. I'm sure everyone will be pretty happy with some kind of SC2 esque MMR system that matches people against one another. Also, perhaps they are implementing game modes other than team deathmatch. I recall seeing datamined files related to keywords such as 'DotA' or others indicative of some kind of 'MOBA' game.
    Never tried PvP in diablo 2 but love to see it in D3
    Hey it's just about time! Blizzard should give a hint what we can expect and when. They are pretty late and we shouldn't accept it as a fact since we payed for a game with pvp.
    GIEF PVP YOU LAZY SCRUBS!
    Do you think the price of gold will go up when PvP hits?

If you didn't know, farming better gear and killing the same enemies over and over again, has always been one of the biggest parts of diablo.

I actually did know what it was about. I've been playing Diablo and other h'n's on and off since D1 came out in the mid-90s. Maybe it's the genre that feel stale to me. I'd think it possible for Blizzard to develop the genre, especially since they had 10+ years. I know most people are just happy with hackin' and slashin' but I suppose I'm not anymore.
    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.

This has been said, but I feel the need to reiterate. Welcome to the Franchise, perhaps you should have done some historical research before hopping on the 'OMG D3 OUT AFTER 10 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT!?'

I've been playing, and following, the franchise since it first came out in 1997. Nothing can quite prepare you for what you will think about the game until you've actually played it. D3 is smoother and better looking than its predecessors, but is it more fun? Do people still think the same pointless grind in a confined space (because the whole fourth act is more or less "un-farmable" afaik) is fun? What fun is there in a perceived character progress that really isn't a progress at all?

Blizzard always use the term "fun" whenever they want to describe any of their products. It's supposed to be fun, have longevity that extends to decades rather than years and.. uh.. it's fun. I think perhaps their definition of the word fun has changed and differs from the one I hold on to.

And this is why I think the pvp might actually make the game fun and make the pointlessness less pointless.
    I'm sure I heard wrong, but didn't blizzard say (not just in blog posts but also on camera several times) that the Diablo3 PvP would 'be released before end of the year'?

~looks at calendar and giggles~
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes