If one shoting gets fixed

Quote from Zero(pS)

The problem with being so tanky in PvP is that, appart from 1v1 situations where you can never die, you're not going to be able to help much.

With the current 3v3/4v4 score-based PvP model, if you aren't killing, you're probably not helping your team a lot. Unless you've got mostly CC, and it's ok to have tanky-cc builds/characters. And even then (if you plays moba games) you know what happens to tanky-cc heroes there: people scatter, avoid them like the plague and kill their allies ;)

Look at that DH. If people with 150k dps will have trouble killing (due to armor and resists), his 20k dps is probably 100% negligible. You could let him hit you for 30 seconds and he still wouldn't kill you, so you just throw your spells at other players and avoid his cc.

Well said.

Quote from Vanhyo

With the current 3v3/4v4 score-based PvP model

if that is what PvP will be all about ill likely be uninstalling D3

Havent they announced that yet? i'm pretty sure they did. I think you better uninstall now dude xD

You used a terrible example.
    11k life and less than 4k armor.
    That person will be 1 shot by any large hitting skill from a well geared dps heavy character.
    4k+loh is no good when you are dead and where do you draw the line at one shotting surely someone who has next to no life and armor should be one shot.
    Also the brief mention of ww barbs in pvp, anyone who stands in tornados deserves to die, ww barbs will be useless in pvp.
    I'd like to just post a quick example; Even with 95% damage reduction from everything, my barb's hota will still crit you for 50k. So yes, there will be 1 shotting. But that's how it should be, think the fast paced-ness of modern warfare. That's WAY more fun then something such as WoW's arena, where it can take a couple minutes if it comes down to 1v1.

I'm all for fast paced, quick matches in which sometimes you might get 1 shot. If this sounds too scary for you, then don't play it.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Babu

Quote from stroeckx

just hope WW barbs will be OP^^

No way.. WW barb will suck @pvp. Throw barb and tanky barbs will own!

Cough*CC-Immunity*Cough
    Winter is coming...
    Quote from Bleu42

I'm all for fast paced, quick matches in which sometimes you might get 1 shot. If this sounds too scary for you, then don't play it.

I don't know why nobody really thought about this yet, but in D2, PvP damage was a factor of 1 to 6 compared to PvE damage before any resistances were applied. Maybe it's just me, but I think that Blizzard is well aware of how to scale numbers, and this also carried over to CC duration unless you we're stunlocked (damn you, vile thing). In the case of Life Steal, or more specifically, Hit on Life, don't be surprised if that will be scaled too at some point. I'd hope it will be right out the gate.

The main thing Blizz needs to work on is potential one-shot scenarios, because as much as I liked occasional PvP in D2, fighting a Hdin was about the furthest thing away from fun as could be.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    There will be a diminishing return of stats on your gear for pvp, so the gear difference on top end won't matter too much.
    Dear everyone who thought that guy had 11k health,

I read it like that at the beginning too. He actually has 113k.

Regards,
    One shotting a Tanky + cc build Barb will not happen, Also how do you avoid a leaping barb ? or charge Barb ? with ground stomp ? I Think a CC barb + a Mage will dominate at pvp.

No man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions.
    PvP wont be released until a way to avoid isnta gibbing is found (which we do not know of yet) and unkillable heroes is avoided (if possible and unknown yet).

So pple bitching about "1 shotting" and "imma never die muahahaha" need to set back, relax, and watch blizard struggle to make pvp out of a very volatile sets of gear they introduced to this game to topple mp10. GGHF XD

on a side note, I hope a Weapon throw + Ancient Spear + smash are viable :D. Could be fun. Still usefull at range/hard to kite. If you manage to land a spear, you can BRING THE PAIN!!!!! with hammer :P.
    Quote from Bleu42

I'd like to just post a quick example; Even with 95% damage reduction from everything, my barb's hota will still crit you for 50k. So yes, there will be 1 shotting. But that's how it should be, think the fast paced-ness of modern warfare. That's WAY more fun then something such as WoW's arena, where it can take a couple minutes if it comes down to 1v1.

I'm fairly certain that I read a blue post a couple months back stating that all damage in pvp is going to be substantially reduced, by like 75% or so. I remember it being on the front page of diablofans, but don't ask me to cite this cuz I'm way too lazy to actually go looking for it. Of course blizz loves to change its mind and there is a good chance pvp back then will in no way resemble pvp when it is released, but I think it will be very tough to 1 shot people in pvp unless they are glasscannon without defensive stats.
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bleu42

W/e pussy
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    if i remember thorns was a killer in D2 PvP, so if you staking "melee attacker takes damage per hit" as a DH/Wiz/WD with freezing/major slow down skills then can just beat everyone. I think gear with that stat is totally not used atm but will be in PvP B)
    barb with ancient spear+rage flip will be so broken in 4v4

if u ever played dota as pudge, now imagine what if he could outposition his target even harder (by hooking him behind)
    I personally think Crit Damage has no place in pvp.

Crit anything in Diablo seems out of place. The fact that players can buff the DPS to 200 000+ by stacking crit is bad design.

I would like them to remove crit everything from pvp. And nerf damage dealt by players 1/4.

Basically without over buffing their crit players mostly average around 40-60 k damage. So with a 1/4 damage nerf the most they can do is about 10-15 k damage. Which would make it a bit more enjoyable.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

With the current 3v3/4v4 score-based PvP model, if you aren't killing, you're probably not helping your team a lot. Unless you've got mostly CC, and it's ok to have tanky-cc builds/characters. And even then (if you plays moba games) you know what happens to tanky-cc heroes there: people scatter, avoid them like the plague and kill their allies ;)

In a score-based PvP model your ratio is all that matters. If you kill 2 guys and die once, it's just as good as the guy who killed 10 and died 5 times. And all you truly need is > 1, so if you always pull off a 101:100 K:D ratio you will always win :P
    Not really... If you've played a bit "score-based PvP" you should realise that for example 13/10 is not a good stats if you are a main DPS. And 1/5 for tank may be good score if it means, that you die instead of other players.
    i think we have to wait untill pvp patch comes out which i can barely wait for
    time to invest in some LOH gear b4 it explodes in price. TY4i
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes