PvP gear

"Jay Wilson just tweeted that there will be no PvP-specific gear."

So what it means is... we have to gear up for PvP with our PvE money (or real money in some cases :D).
    How would you invest your money for PvP if you had to spend it right now?

Yes i realize that we don't know nothing about PvP yet and i know that they will probably announce some more PvP features and it can change a lot but right now i would invest (as a Barb) in all res, life regen, thorns, vit and block.

Cindercoat with 3sock, all res and life regen + stormshield with max block% and high vit + good doombringer.
    1) This will be moved to PvP section soon ;-)

2) Look at WoW vanilla, same thing happened there (official PvP took a while, in the beginning there was only Hillsbrad Foothills or so, battlegrounds arrived later). With the advent of PvP, CRIT and HP became important. Therefore, items with crit chance, crit hit damage, but also items with vitality, life%, allresist and armor will become more expensive. What that means in return is that stuff like life regeneration, attack speed etc. will receive less attention - they're not useless, but for PvP people will focus on other gear. It's kind of about "deal one extreme crit that kills my enemy" vs. "survive against the insane damage spikes".
    Quote from Bagstone

1) This will be moved to PvP section soon ;-)

We have a winner!
    If there won't be any PvP gear then what can we do with PvP tokens?
    I think string of ears might be dumb. 20% melee reduction can be a big deal against a monk/barb
    Quote from Eazy

If there won't be any PvP gear then what can we do with PvP tokens?

There is some mined data that suggests there will be PvP consumables, like elemental resist potions and such.
    Quote from sexyrexy

I think string of ears might be dumb. 20% melee reduction can be a big deal against a monk/barb

Not necessarily. A FoT / cyclone monk is 100% lightning damage, and there's a bunch of barb runes that aren't physical.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I think life regen is gonna be very important... any thoughts?
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from sexyrexy

Not necessarily. A FoT / cyclone monk is 100% lightning damage, and there's a bunch of barb runes that aren't physical.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I don't think that an attack has to be physical to be considered melee. I think attacks are classified first as either melee or ranged, and then sub-classified by elemental type. I also believe that physical damage is technically considered an elemental type, as there are some ranged attacks that are physical, like demon hunter's nether tentacles, etc.
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from sexyrexy

What?
    Where does it say that "x% reduction to melee damage" only applies to physical damage?
    I'm ready for PvP. I'm just gearing up all other classes right now.

As for the PvP token, it's all speculation. I do think it'll be like:

Quote from maka

[...]PvP consumables, like elemental resist potions and such.

Or, if you've played MOBA games, especially League of Legends, stat-enhancing buffs you can bring into each individual match (e.g. +X% bonus to dexterity, +X% bonus to vitality, +X bonus damage against Y-type of opponent, +X% resistance to Y attack, etc.).
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    i hope that pvp tokens will be used for some kind of enchanting on gear like ressilience in wow, and pvp consumables since i dont think you will be able to use hp potoins.
    Quote from Ashbinder

i hope that pvp tokens will be used for some kind of enchanting on gear like ressilience in wow, and pvp consumables since i dont think you will be able to use hp potoins.

If you look at the datamined items you have 3 different kind of arena hp pots, small, medium and big, and that you can only buy with pvp tokens im pretty sure.
    Quote from Hjelpen

Quote from Ashbinder

If you look at the datamined items you have 3 different kind of arena hp pots, small, medium and big, and that you can only buy with pvp tokens im pretty sure.
    I was expecting something more like weapons at least, but still it's nice that doing PvP will be "rewarding" for players(we can do it not only for killing/massacre :-) ).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes