Diablo 3 an eSports?

The only way I can see balance in PvP becoming a success is if they'd do max caps for all kinds of stuff. That way we could exclude the need for everyone going for top ranks to have 5b worth of gear and instead the players would work within the limits, making it more accessible for everyone but still not making gearing up for it meaningless.

Successful players would be able to upgrade their items with PvP runes for example. I don't want to compare Diablo to World of Warcraft but the gear acquiring system for Arenas/RBGs work quite well - point is Blizzard has proven that they're capable of implementing a good system. After farming BGs for a while (in Diablo's case PvM), you're able to start competing and then, with skill, you gain access to better gear, which you can in turn upgrade until you reach the limits and from there on it's all about skills - players in the top Arena and RBG ranks have pretty much the same gear.

I'm not saying it'd work well for Diablo to do things exactly like that but if Blizzard really wants to handle PvP in Diablo right, they've got all the knowledge based on experience needed to get it right, Diablo-style (I mean, if you want to play WoW arenas, play WoW not Diablo). Postponing the PvP patch until they're satisified it'll be alright is only a good thing.
    To me it's impossible cuz all the gear have different stats. In WoW all the gear you can get have the same stats for everyone so the battle is fair.
    Diablo III will never be able to be an esport because Diablo Saga is based on luck, and an esport doesn't need luck, but skill.
    Why do people think that PvP balancing would affect PvE?

Competitive gaming is the most fun form of gaming so yeah I would support that idea. But I think it's extremely hard to balance a combat system around a game that has such a gigantic stat diversity. Wouldn't a person with +400% crit dmg and 30% crit chance completely whack everything?
    What do you guys think about having a PvP that does not involve any gear.

That you come in to each arena with pre-set stats and that it is based on which skills you choose for how you want to play your character?
    Quote from Loler_rev

Diablo III will never be able to be an esport because Diablo Saga is based on luck, and an esport doesn't need luck, but skill.

Sorry sir, luck by itself doesn't do you any good in d3. Maybe 1 or 2 items. Getting all 13 items require more than luck. You need a credit card and farm in rmah.
    Diablo 3 is not an e-sport. It's e-business.
    Quote from Slayardarklaws

Diablo 3 is not an e-sport. It's e-business.

nice :Thumbs Up:
    Slowly but sure, D3 is getting better, more popular, and getting old ppl back. pvp release is gonna make a massive increase for D3 player base, so i believe it might become an esports game if blizzard works for it.
    Check out this reddit post about some interesting ideas on PvP & tying it into a ladder system.

reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/11jmef/ladders_seasons_the_future_of_diablo_3
    Let me make something clear people. Im seeing competitive talk, esports talk, the works.

Are you aware that blizzard stated (multiple times) they will not balance D3 to be a competitive esport? They literally said that we shouldn't expect a balanced e-sports environment like WoW or other popular games.

The fact that Blizzard has stated that means a lot. Do not expect some ladder system that actually works, because you will be very disappointed.
    I was JUST hoping for a other subject to argue about!!

Necro much ?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Would be a great thing, but I don't see them adding it. Not sure why, but it would be a great thing for the game.
    Quote from rEDNiNE

Let me make something clear people. Im seeing competitive talk, esports talk, the works.

Are you aware that blizzard stated (multiple times) they will not balance D3 to be a competitive esport? They literally said that we shouldn't expect a balanced e-sports environment like WoW or other popular games.

The fact that Blizzard has stated that means a lot. Do not expect some ladder system that actually works, because you will be very disappointed.

Failure to deliver a ladder system even, is well, bad.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes