What class do you think will be on top?

Poll: Which class do you think will be at the top?

Which class do you think will be at the top? - Single Choice

• Monk 25.8%
  • DH 10.7%
  • WD 11.9%
  • Wizard 27.2%
  • Barb 24.4%
    As title says, what class do you think will be on top? Obviously this is all for fun as we have no idea at this time. Make sure to throw in a reason why.
    Wizard seems to have a good amount of CC, mobility, and ranged attacks to be a fierce PvP competitor.
    Monk because you can tell he is going to be cheap as hell with his fast DPS and ability to repel spells back to the caster(s).
    Barb, because of what blizzard said earlier. When talking about how they weren't too worried about balancing PvP, they said something like "People will say Barb is op. And we'll be like "ya, he probably is.""
    I'm guessing Demon Hunter or wizard, ranged seem to me a little in favor compared to melee..
    Quote from AegonIII

Monk because you can tell he is going to be cheap as hell with his fast DPS and ability to repel spells back to the caster(s).

I heard rumours that spell (impenetrable defense) with the spell reflection has been removed/changed.
    i dont think there will be class on top of other rather than team-compos like BMW.
    (Barbarian Monk Wizard)
    "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons: freely ye have received, freely give".
    You will never outmatch a Barbarian at a close range, and he has more ways to counter control/escape mechanisms than any other class. He can realistically grab 5 abilities that mitigate if not completely nullify the ability for ranged characters to keep away, and then top it off with a skill for dealing actual damage. The Monk will have about the same potential melee damage, but the Barbarian has superior stamina by a great margin.

Barbarian is not supposed to be balanced 1v1. He will not scale up as proportionately against smart teams that know how to keep him under control without fueling the fury.
    I feel barbarian will be the top if anyone is. He has so many options in this one its ridiculous. He has faster speed, critical, chain grab, slow opponent, leap. He should have no problem catching a wizard and breaking their face.
    TT
    I feel barbarian will be the top if anyone is. He has so many options in this one its ridiculous. He has faster speed, critical, chain grab, slow opponent, leap. He should have no problem catching a wizard and breaking their face.

While I usually pretend that the Wizard is going to own all, the Blizzcon 2010 experience showed me how powerful the Barbarian can be.

With enough +movespeed and his abilities, he could reach anyone within 1-2 seconds, which is hardly enough time to "disintegrate" him (the spell we were using the most because it's so easy to aim :P).
    I think wizard have good options of scape, cc and damage spells.

I really believe desintegrate is not a "good" spell for PvP. It forces you to stand still and wizard must be in movement. Meteor also looks kinda hard to use in PvP. Those spells are devastating, but circustantial. Spamming then seens like a bad strategy.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    No love for the WD!

I voted WD, with his passive abilities to increase his life, and ability to DoT people up and CC, and then spirit walk. He will put his DoT spells on, slow you, pets will attack you, you get close, he spirit walks, you are still taking damage, CC'd again he takes the health globe, you catch up to him, he uses a nuke, pets explode, you die!!

Of course all hypothetical, and there will be tons of variations of builds, but I think the WD will be awesome in PvP.
    Easy, Lucky, Free
    Not to sound like a party pooper but how will we even know "who is on top"?

No ladder, no visible rating, no nothing. Everyone will have roughly 50-50 win/lose ratio.

So whatever class you roll and enter arena, you win half of the times and lose half of the times.
    Well if they keep kicking everyone's ass u will soon know. I think a barb will be pretty unstoppable but you never know. As for team comps I really feel that any comp will be viable provided there is a mix or range and melee. It will be about how you play together and who you target will determine everything.

Thanks Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    The Barbarian has so many cooldowns, stuns, snares, mobility, and defensive skills & passives that I expect him to be a major force in the arena.
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    I think that theoretically, they are all even. Until we see how much of an affect gear will have on each class (we still don't know if lifestealing builds will work well at high levels, or mitigation builds, or how these will work together in group PvP, just to name a few variables) we won't know what class is balanced or imbalanced. It's also hard to tell how similar the game will be in terms of leveling and reaching level cap to Diablo 2. If level cap in D3 is at all similar to WoW, then we'll know pretty quickly (2-3 months) how each class fares in PvP.

Based purely on what I've read however, it looks like in 2v2s, Barb/Monk, DH/Monk, and DH/Barb are all pretty strong in combination. Monk CC/support with what seems like an unstoppable killing machine in the Barb should make for a pretty solid team vs. All based solely upon how much damage they both can put out and how hard it is to stop them from doing that damage ALL the time! Same theory applies for the DH, assuming Lifestealing and slows are at all effective. DH Barb would basically be as high of a skill capped combo as you could use I think, since they're both very high physical dps, but the DH is somewhat fragile (Monk/Barb could probably beat this team).

Please contact me if you consider yourself an elite D2 or WoW player and plan on playing D3!
    Going to give it to the Monk on the fact he can heal cc and do dmg all at the same time.
    My vote went to the monk aslo. The reason being lots of utility, a strong heal and good mobility.
    Depends. Gonna have to wait and see.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I think Monk. With his ability to get in and out of melee/range, good timed dps and heal, he will be a pain :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes