How will I enjoy this game ?

I finally registered because this pisses me off !

How will I enjoy the game if there is no way to compare myself against others ?
    - no hostility
    - no duels
    - no gear rating
    - no ladder
    - no arena public rating

in WoW, there is countless ways to compare yourself, you can :
    - duel
    - world pvp
    - inspect (gearscore, arena rating, ...)

I mean, everyone playing in a sandbox, is that how multiplayers games are these days ?
    Play WoW instead? Not sure if troll...
    Myeh... WoW is a Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game
    Diablo 3 is a Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

No massive, no massive ways of comparing.

Untill arena's come out ofcourse.
    But why PvM people don't want gearscore/arena rating public ? Are they afraid of what it tells about them ?
    You can inspect people in game by right clicking on their icon or their name in your friend list (which also displays people you recently played with). So, in the end you can see the gear / talent choices of whomever you're gonna see in game.

Also, there's going to be an armory-like feature on Battle.net website after launch. Remember the armory of WoW didn't exist at day 1. Fan sites were doing the job.
    Wow is wow and diablo is diablo. I wish that someday people will realize this, but I won't hold my breath.
    Quote from Plutoniumz239

- no hostility
    - no duels
    - no gear rating
    - no ladder
    - no arena public rating

- duel
    - world pvp

I mean, everyone playing in a sandbox, is that how multiplayers games are these days ?

I don't know how you will enjoy yourself with this game, but I'll enjoy the increasingly challenging PvM, gameplay, playing with my friends, finding better and rarer items and exploring the game world.

Quote from Plutoniumz239

But why PvM people don't want gearscore/arena rating public ? Are they afraid of what it tells about them ?

But why PvP people want a gearsocr/arena rating public? are they so selfish and full of pride that they can only enjoy themselves by comparing themselves against other (who mght not even care about it) get a fix of superiority?

Please realx and consider that there are many reasons to want or not want something, Not wanting public gearscore and arena ratings in most cases wont have anything to do with fears or feeling of weakness and inferiority, just as i know you are not that selfish and proudfull.

And bottom line is Diablo 3 is a game, if it doesn't sound like fun to you, dont play it.
    Seriously though, duels would be the least to ask for. Dueling against your friends trying out new spells (or just for lulz), that was a huge and fun part of first time D2 leveling.

Could have duel request feature similar to what's in WoW and other MMO's (haters gonna hate). Would be a really simple and easy solution.
    Quote from Plutoniumz239

- no hostility
    - no duels
    - no gear rating
    - no ladder
    - no arena public rating

- duel
    - world pvp

Diablo 3 (as all other Diablo games) is a single player hack and slash RPG with Multiplayer and PvP components. If that doesn't appeal to you, then perhaps you shouldn't buy the game.

Hostility has been explained to death, but since you didn't bother reading the other threads (or so I assume since you're still complaining) I'll explain it again. Hostility is a bad system. It was primarily used to grief other players. When used in a non-griefing way, it was generally used for duels, FFA, and Team PvP...all of which will likely make it into the Arena system at some point. In addition to this, Diablo 3 is balanced around all players focusing on progressing through content. A hostility system would essentially stall the game, essentially griefing the other players if you and a friend decide to duel. All in all hostility is a bad concept for Diablo 3.

Duels will likely make it into the Arena system. Blizzard has already stated that they desire a system for players to duel. It only makes sense that they will be given a spot alongside the other Arena types.

Gear rating, public arena rating, and other such public stats don't add anything positive to the game. Those stats are generally used to harass other players and tend to create tension within the community. Diablo 3 isn't meant to be some hardcore, elitist, ego fest. Its meant to be played cooperative primarily and features like this don't lend well to cooperation.

Ladder doesn't serve a good purpose in Diablo 3. Like the other stats, it only serves to fuel people's egos.

Honestly, use the search feature...a lot of these issues have been brought up, bashed to death, and put to rest. If you must have those features to enjoy Diablo 3...then don't buy it. Sorry, but Diablo 3 just isn't designed for that kind of play...and it shouldn't be. Leave the ego out of the game and help smash the minions of hell.
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

ecutruin +9000
    What's wrong with WoW bud?
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Quote from Ocean

It's WoW. Nuff Said. Plus it's an MMO and MMOs by their nature, just suck.
    Quote from Senchean

Quote from Ocean

It's WoW. Nuff Said. Plus it's an MMO and MMOs by their nature, just suck.

good number of people might disagree.
    Quote from Kurast

Wow is wow and diablo is diablo. I wish that someday people will realize this, but I won't hold my breath.

this is so true but the OP has a great point about no hostility or duels ... 2 things that kept D2 alive for a lot of us
    Quote from Plutoniumz239

- no hostility
    - no duels
    - no gear rating
    - no ladder
    - no arena public rating

- duel
    - world pvp

Sorry Diablo is not WoW. If you don't wanna play it then nobody is going to have any hard feelings. Diablo is about the personal challenge and grind. It's not an MMO like WoW/SWTOR/GW2/Tera.

I feel like I've fallen for troll bait but whatever. Nobody needs to convince you to play the game if you aren't interested in the genre.
    Quote from Bloodmane

Quote from Kurast

this is so true but the OP has a great point about no hostility or duels ... 2 things that kept D2 alive for a lot of us

And D3 will do the same since there will be real PvP !
    Arenas were not in D2, hostility and duels were a cheap trick.
    Now Diablo 3 has a DEDICATED PvP mode, if that's not PvP love, I don't know what it is.
    Yeah I agree with the OP. How are we ever going to enjoy this game. Who cares about the story, the personal challenge, the social gameplay, the loot and rewards, the epic boss fights...

We should just give up now, why would ANYONE wanna get this game....

/facepalm

Please --- go back to WOW.
    Quote from Plutoniumz239

- no hostility
    - no duels
    - no gear rating
    - no ladder
    - no arena public rating

- duel
    - world pvp

Not everyone "likes playing in a sandbox", this isnt an open world MMO.

At the moment we don't know much about the PVP system since they are revamping it.
    I do wish at least duels would have made it but it didn't so if you don't think you'll have fun don't play. They will add PvP arenas so build your character until then imo.
    Quote from CrusRuss

Yeah I agree with the OP. How are we ever going to enjoy this game. Who cares about the story, the personal challenge, the social gameplay, the loot and rewards, the epic boss fights...

We should just give up now, why would ANYONE wanna get this game....

/facepalm

Please --- go back to WOW.

Wow is an MMO, and also blizzard's only game entirely built upon social elements. You can't do a single significant thing on your own in that game. But then you tell the guy to go back to wow.

Let's be honest, wow isn't a terrible game. It has these social elements you mention, decent pvp, "epic" boss fight raids, a story, loot and rewards.

With that said, regarding the OP:
    You're wasting your time comparing yourself to others in video games, especially RPG's where gear is power. I did it off and on in various games for years and it was a tremendous waste of time. If you want to play a real esport play starcraft. If you want to hack and slash like a zombie play diablo.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    Quote from ecutruin
    Hostility has been explained to death, but since you didn't bother reading the other threads (or so I assume since you're still complaining) I'll explain it again. Hostility is a bad system. It was primarily used to grief other players.

- You've hit the nail right on the head here. This OP likes to grief other players. He likes to gloat and go ego tripping with his gear. He likes to have a hierarchy where he can look down on "noobs". He doesn't care if you've explained these concepts to death. He complains because this forum represents a channel for it. Sure that PK system was anti-social griefer's dream. You can't argue somebody out of disposition like that.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes