Diablo PvP DOTA

As a massive fan of The game type. (mainly league of legends) I belive that this would be insane fun. I think that blizzard should take a serious look at adding in a dota like map in an expansion or patch.

I know that there would have to be alot of work behind it, however it would add an unprecidented amount of longevity to the game. The abitily to make my hero stronger and stronger in the most competitive strategic and addictive game types of all time is one of the best experiences ever. I know that you would say just play team deathmatch but the whole thing of laning and jungling would be insane.

I understand that it would be near impossible to balance perfecly due to the billions of hero combinations however if blizzard just listened to the community then they would be able to balance with little effort.

Just my long winded opinion. What is yours ?
    Quote from Proignis

As a massive fan of The game type. (mainly league of legends) I belive that this would be insane fun. I think that blizzard should take a serious look at adding in a dota like map in an expansion or patch.

I know that there would have to be alot of work behind it, however it would add an unprecidented amount of longevity to the game. The abitily to make my hero stronger and stronger in the most competitive strategic and addictive game types of all time is one of the best experiences ever. I know that you would say just play team deathmatch but the whole thing of laning and jungling would be insane.

I understand that it would be near impossible to balance perfecly due to the billions of hero combinations however if blizzard just listened to the community then they would be able to balance with little effort.

Just my long winded opinion. What is yours ?

League of legends is nothing like Diablo.... DOTA and tug of war hero nuke fests is no where near Diablo....

Neverwinter Nights is more like Diablo than DOTA.

And PvE > PvP as it always should be. Blizzard should focus the majority of their dev time on creating PvE than having to balance PvP.
    To be honest I don't think League of legends is anything like Diablo. I think if they are thinking of implementing something PvP wise, then it should be 1v1 and 3v3 arenas higher up on the higherarchy than DOTA style.
    Yes, i realise that they are completly different, its not hard to see how much fast paced diablo is than lol, all that im saying is that I believe that it is a cool idea.

I do realise that the whole point of diablo is PvE however, I frankly wouldnt care if they just made the map and didnt balance, add items, buffs ect. It could be a fun, intense mutiplater exerience.
    As interesting as it would be to see this put into Diablo I don't think it'll happen. Unfortunately for two reasons, the first being that Blizzard Dota is coming out soon-ish-seriously-no-wait-really. Secondly because I have a feeling even if it did manage to make it's way into Diablo it would be a ghetto strand of the ancients attempt at dota, that just wouldnt feel right. I would love to see it, but I remain doubtful. Sorry =(.
    Not only is DOTA not diabloesque but i highly doubt that blizz will implement this feature on 2 of its games as it is already working on getting it into SC2 as a custom game.

While it may be cool to do it in a Diablo environment i just cat see it being added
    it's pretty much impossible for DOTA gameplay anyway isnt it. Since your hero you build up over the entire game will either get wrecked or will breeze trough minion waves. A game mode like that will only work if you start from scratch everytime. And really, who is waiting for another game within a game within a game. Im not waiting for a half assed DOTA with 5 champs to choose from. The concept of minion waves is however maybe something you could use to make another game concept with. But Dota, neh.
    They should focus their attention from a pvp stand point on a ladder system. Regardless if the games primary driven market is PvE there should still exist a ladder to own bragging rights and a goal to achieve.
    Quote from ZerosBlade

As interesting as it would be to see this put into Diablo I don't think it'll happen. Unfortunately for two reasons, the first being that Blizzard Dota is coming out soon-ish-seriously-no-wait-really. Secondly because I have a feeling even if it did manage to make it's way into Diablo it would be a ghetto strand of the ancients attempt at dota, that just wouldnt feel right. I would love to see it, but I remain doubtful. Sorry =(.

Yeah, This is going to be the case and, i guess im being a bit fantastical. It is pretty unrealistic, im just throwing out ideas, u know to get ppl thinking.
    I think this is not possible. Just watch the pvp videos from blizzcon. Then you will know enough. There will by more pvp modes later on but nothing like DOTA. Don't forget maybe a warcraft 4 comes after the starcraft 2 expansions. Then you will have a brand new dota to play with. But for now i am just clear I don't see a DOTA happening officialy in diablo 3 with modding maybe but thats not possible.
    I love that idea, in fact i have been thinking about this as well.
    But i would not now of any way to make it work, or to keep it balanced.
    And sadly Blizzard does not want Diablo to be a E-Sport game, and thus they will not waste time around balancing classes in pvp, as we would like it...

But the idea is awesome, ill keep on dreaming! :D
    Its entirely possible to do. My idea would be.
    • Available to max Level players only.
    • Uses existing gear and skills
    • Upon entering your characters equipment and skills are basically turned of.
    • You start at level 1 and each time you level up you can enable one skill.
    • You use gold you earn during the game to enable the item slots; eg; head, chest which gives the stat bonuses/affixes whatever.
    But thats a way to get items/skills to improve etc. Dunno how much it would work. Iniitial suggestion only. They could add unique stuff for the dota pvp only mode.

Obviously it would just be a sub-type game so does not require to be a fully fleshed out dota/lol/dota2 game.
    Dota was a gametype datamined and posted by Boubs on mmo champ. Blizz implyed trying different styles of pvp that didnt feel like diablo. My bet was a dota type game.

I for one....would freaking play it for ever!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FshkO8HqQ10

dont missunderstand me, i love LoL aswell, but Diablo is not lol
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Quote from Torrak

• You use gold you earn during the game to enable the item slots; eg; head, chest which gives the stat bonuses/affixes whatever.
    But thats a way to get items/skills to improve etc. Dunno how much it would work. Iniitial suggestion only. They could add unique stuff for the dota pvp only mode.

Obviously it would just be a sub-type game so does not require to be a fully fleshed out dota/lol/dota2 game.

It doesn't even have to be that complex. No one says you have to level up or get new items in a moba.

Just throw people into the map and have their objective to destroy the oppositions buildings. It eliminates a lot of the laning, but puts emphasis on the teamfights and pushing, which is the most fun part anyways.
    No this wouldn't work with how Dota is played or every Moba. For moba's to work you have to start at level one so it would have to be available to anyone. There would also need to be a larger availability of hero types as well so you can counter pick correctly and be able to fit the niche that your team may/will need if you want to play at a competitive level. Blizzard is already making a "Blizzard DOTA" right now so I don't see why they'd waste their time on a moba game that would be mediocre at best.

If they spent the time to make a moba for D3 it would end up like LoL where nearly everyone plays the same, there's only a handful of useful characters and while variety looks like it's there, it's not. Blizzard likes to do things right when they release something so they wouldn't want to spend the time on it since they're constantly balancing Dota 2 and Dota 1 still to this day.
    Quote from MandyMemory

Quote from Torrak

It doesn't even have to be that complex. No one says you have to level up or get new items in a moba.

Just throw people into the map and have their objective to destroy the oppositions buildings. It eliminates a lot of the laning, but puts emphasis on the teamfights and pushing, which is the most fun part anyways.

This would just be an Alterac Valley at that point and not a Moba. That's not a moba if you take out every aspect that makes it a Moba. You can't take out every aspect of a Moba and call it a Moba, that's just silly.
    I'm not a big fan of DOTA. Personally i think that pvp is more diablo 2's only asset at this very moment in time. Its such a huge part of the game yet the dev team dont seem to see that. We need to make them see it by getting their attention on these forums!
    I think the idea of Blizzard making new aspects and elements could work well, aslong as they dont overstep boundaries and change the game form what everyone is expecting, especially in an area as valuble as PVP
    We need new ideas, as is blizzard already is making a new dota game... no need put resources to make another. Diablo 3 should really focus on PVE and than PVP fun factor aspects like dueling. Really hope they allow a dueling option that u can fight on any maps in diablo 3 and not only arena! Part of the fun could be go to a high mob area and duel so u have to content with both mobs and the guy u fighting:D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes