PvP Oddball and King of the Hill

Everybody keeps talking about a FFA or CTF modes for PvP but I think the an oddball or king of the hill would work really good and be super fun. Each team would get points for how long they can hold an object or an area and I think it would work well with the arena maps. Let me know what you guys think.
    oddball ould suck i think. thats bringing halo into a game thats definitely not halo. But ctf i think would be a complete success and would keep all us pvp heads shut up... But hey thats my view.
    Well with CTF they would have to make bigger arena maps otherwise it would take like 3 seconds to cap it. If the maps were bigger it would be more spread out and there would be less action unless they added more players.
    It could work. I mean the view of the game allows it. Of course you need a pretty big map. Suggest it and maybe they make it after release. Diablo 3 is a pve based game. But of course many people also finding the pvp the part of the game I can understand that.
    I have thought these as well. Only thing could be a problem is dashing strike, leap attack and teleport skills (maybe vault too). Monk can rush to the flag and just vanish. What do you think would those skills be a problem?
    As I stated in another thread about CTF I'll say again that if CTF is to work then they'd have to have a clever map design for it not to be boring:

Sorry for bringing WoW into it but WSG is an excellent design, the way you can run into tunnel but then you have to dismount or go up ramp and stay on mount and enter the hold through 2 different ways, also the way you enter when you've ran up the ramp the GY is really close so they can just get reinforcements there or "camp" there with the flag. You can also go up on the roof which is accessable by only one way but you can jump down and choose 3 different exits or cap the flag, brilliant design but they should clearly do something original for D3 and not copy their previous successes :P

Quote from KalikooJack

I have thought these as well. Only thing could be a problem is dashing strike, leap attack and teleport skills (maybe vault too). Monk can rush to the flag and just vanish. What do you think would those skills be a problem?

Some abilities should be locked while holding flag imo
    King of the hill, or (again, sorry for bringing up WoW) an Arathi Basin type style game could be pretty fun. Another cool type might be a juggernaut type game, where someone has a massive buff to damange and healing and 5-10 others trying to take that person down. Kills or time spent as the Jugg would be the deciding win factor. Idk, sounds like fun to me :D
    You can catch me on Twitter @leoniditron I will usually announce before I go live on my stream
    I am streaming almost every night (WoW, BF3, WoT, RO2) Check it out: http://www.twitch.tv/leoniditron
    KotH or CTF would be really fun, but i don't think they're going to do that, based on some comments that they don't intent to balance pvp (making some skills not to work while holding a flag or pvp falls in the balance category).

But again, that would be fun. :D
    Sorry about my english, still learning.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes