Do you want some sort of rank for your pvp?

Poll: Do you want to have a visible rank in D3?

Do you want to have a visible rank in D3?

Do you want to have a visible rank in D3? - Single Choice

• No 23.8%
  • Yes 76.2%
    Was wondering how big of a deal not haven a visible way to rank yourself among other players makes you feel. Personally im fine with it, it allows PVP to be more about just getting in there and haven some quick fun without worring about ranks and such. Now I know a lot dont agree with that, and I totally understand that.

which brings me to my second questions; If you have watched this weeks diablocast, you would have heared them talking about the idea of a site that can somehow track your ranking among other players, is that something you would like to see?
    I think it would be pretty cool to have PvP titles but that would make it too e-sport like which Diablo says they don't want to do.
    I'm not sure if this suits the ranking style your're referring to, but you do have a PvP rank, and achievable titles currently in D3. This rank does nothing other than show off how much you've played PvP. You increase your rank faster by winning matches, than you do by losing them, but either way you can eventually achieve max rank. This rank will be seen as the crest of your character banner. Whether this rank will appear anywhere else has yet to be figured out.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Right now there is a whole array of PvP oriented achievements and titles and part of the banner, the crest of the banner, is dedicated just for PvP. So as you get to higher and higher ranks, it levels that up.
    I speak more of this, and PvP in general back in the PvP in D3 article.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Follow. . . . . . . . . .Like. . . . . . . . . .Watch. . . . . . . . .Chat

“We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about.” - Albert Einstein
    Some players felt the Starcraft 2 approach to ranking was really casual. Splitting a global ranking into "Leagues" (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Gold, Master) -> and then "Divisions" (which are basically just smaller groups of 100 players where you'd be ranked and get the feel of progression). While I don't love that idea for a competitive RTS, I feel it would've worked grat on D3.

I personally don't mind if I don't see any specific rank/matchmaking rating, but anything close to that would be great (like the SC2 Leagues) - at least to get the "feeling" that I'm actually improving, because tracking that by yourself can be really hard at times.

I do understand that this all is a matter of personal preference though.
    as much as i love pvp and want there to be a real pvp presence and community in D3, i actually do not want any sort of global ranking. mainly because i dont care to know who is #1, and if i happened to be really good at pvp, i want them to know me by my character name or account name, not a number next to it.

also, i also do not like any matchmaking system.
    Remember the String of Ears

"to the worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish."
    I like the casual approach to it. Not meaning that "casual" equals "bad" in any way.

As it is now, you can see if a player is dedicating time to PvP, which is good in my opinion.

There is no epeen in the way of "lulz i done kill many moars than u", which I'm also totally fine with.

If people are better than me (good chance of that), let them beat me in arena and leave it at that.
    I have a feeling the game will have enough e-peen flexing without I'm number (insert random fairly high number here)! Lololol you are number 2764 you suck.
    Rank no, but i would love some cool looking titles.
    I like the idea of being able to play ranked and non ranked like in LOL. I think that is a very good system and one that blizzard should look at as a way of distinguishing between the people who are hardcore pvp and the regular joe blog who just wants to have a go.

people can also play and not feel like they are hurting themselves by losing when their not playing ranked matches

Thanks Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    Quote from Winged

I'm not sure if this suits the ranking style your're referring to, but you do have a PvP rank, and achievable titles currently in D3. This rank does nothing other than show off how much you've played PvP. You increase your rank faster by winning matches, than you do by losing them, but either way you can eventually achieve max rank. This rank will be seen as the crest of your character banner. Whether this rank will appear anywhere else has yet to be figured out.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Right now there is a whole array of PvP oriented achievements and titles and part of the banner, the crest of the banner, is dedicated just for PvP. So as you get to higher and higher ranks, it levels that up.
    I speak more of this, and PvP in general back in the PvP in D3 article.

True true, and I like that.

But yea I was referring to more of a rank as they were talking about on the diablocast, a way...as Daemaro said, I know people want to show "hey im X points ahead of you" Some people really enjoy that. More of a ranked "number"/"raiting"

[I love the banner idea they are doing =P ]
    i dont get it, if you dont care for pvp, then why care whether someone thinks their cooler because their rank is higher? i mean, they are obviously better and have proven the fact, if you dont care for it, then dont bother. thats like usain bolt telling me i suck at running when i dont care a thing about how fast he can run for 100m, because i think running is a retarded sport. he can flex all he wants.

but anyways, i always thought reputation>rank.
    Remember the String of Ears

"to the worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish."
    Definitely some titles. People like to show off. I'm no PvP'er, but if I was I would want to know how I do compared to the rest of the world.
    I shall purge this land of the shadow.
    Yes any rank would be nice.
    Just copy from the web page: "Your rewards for shedding blood in the arena: bragging rights, the joy of sending friends to their swift and inglorious deaths, and points that represent how far you've progressed on the path to fame and glory."

Points that represent how far u have progressed, so instead of rank as they said they will not have, we will get banners and achievements, for me its a bit the same, because u will know that the best rank out there will have for example X achievement, or X banner, so eventually that guy will be like rank 2000, and will be the best guy on diablo3 PVP.

So if instead of X u get Y achievement u will know ur rank, because there will be a web around that will have ranks and achievement/banners u gain each rank...

"rank 1-150 - Achievement : "First blood"
    "rank 151-300 - Banner : a skull
    "rank 301-500 - Achievement : "Getting Stronger"

Just my 2c
    Quote from Zero(pS)

at least to get the "feeling" that I'm actually improving, because tracking that by yourself can be really hard at times.

Agree, Blizzard don't want us to compare us with eachother but I atleast want to know when I log in on my character my wins and losses for the week and total, like in wow. Otherwise how I should track my progress in pvp would be more difficult.
    Althought I do think the people like me will be part of an online league created by the community.
    I wish...

.. we could choose ^_^

If some people don't wanna look at it and always just log in and enjoy things, that's what they want. If they feel bad by looking at their rank and seeing they're in the Tin League, I respect that, in the past I've felt that too.

And if some wanna see their win/losses recorded forever, seeing how they improved in the eyes of the matchmaker over their playtime (going from the lower ratings to the higher ones), seeing how much they've improved and knowing when they've reached their top shape and stagnated - that could be their choice too.

Toggleable options like that would probably not hurt, and not demand a ton of extra work (they can reuse some SC2 stuff like the League system and even graphics for each League). Don't think there's any downside to it.
    Win/Loss would be nice, but they've said they won't do that so meh.
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.
    Please not. Adding competitive features like ranking, rating or keeping track of stats would be a huge turn-off for me. I would like to enter the arena just to mess around in and not be haunted by stats on my account forever. If i'd want competitive pvp i would play starcraft or wow. I prefer the way blizzard is heading with the game right now.
    No No and No... oh did I say No?

If they add any sort of ranking, people will then start QQing about balance; any time spent on PvP balance is deducted from PvE content. I would much rather they add more content (either more PvP modes as opposed to ranking and ultimately balancing, or more PvE stuff) than to constantly put up with QQ's about this class is OP and that class is OP etc...

At least if no body can see the rankings then any claims on OP classes will be mostly unfounded.

That's my opinion and I hope Blizz sticks with Jay Wilson's initial philosophy.

You just lost

THE GAME!!!
    http://www.diablofans.com/topic/30698-competition-modes-replay-value/page__view__findpost__p__697803

What about this?
    GIEF PVP YOU LAZY SCRUBS!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes