When will you start your HC journey in RoS?

When we get Australian servers and I stop having 200+ ping, that's when I'll start doing HC :|
    I started RoS in Hardcore directly, and it's been an amazing experience from the start. My opinion? Go all out HC, and never mind the SC exploration.
    I got all but WD as lvl 60 also in softcore so I'm planning to level that WD to 60 before Expansion and then try out in softcore first since the level of difficulty I heard has gone up quite a bit. So i'll test out in softcore first.. maybe blast to 70 quickly and then jump back to HC.

Also I will test some different classes and see which one I want to play.
    Diablo 3 Hardcore: 60 Demon Hunter 60(7) Barb
    RIP:50 Demon Hunter 60 (5) Barb
    Ill start with a crusader, with all life regen gear to try counter the lag/DC, will take me a few days to get it to 60, maybe even a week. I played HC about 4 weeks after D3 launch and it was still terrible then so who knows, all i know is o SC for me

I play HC only. I have already 3 heroes 60 and 25 para each...

I think when ros release, I will start a new class, prolly lvl up my lowbie DH or go for crusader. I predict lots of lag and server issues the first days of ROS release, so I dont really wanna risk it with my main heroes...

Quote from NoxiousGLHF

I started RoS in Hardcore directly, and it's been an amazing experience from the start. My opinion? Go all out HC, and never mind the SC exploration.

Yeah! I started D3 classic on SC and then switched to HC... bad decision because the thrill was gone for new AND dangerous things. This time I will go HC from the beginning and never look back to SC. Awesome times ahead. :)

Have all classes at level 60 and will "waste" them all before I would reroll a Crusader.
    Last edited by TheWaldemar: 12/21/2013 5:04:44 AM
    Well i have ventured thought normal difficulty so far. my plan was to at least get to lvl 60 and complete hell diff. but my long term goal is to complete all bosses on inferno before the expansion hits.

after expansion, Hmm who knows, im pretty bummed that you only gain paragon exp on max level instead of always would have made it so much better atleast for HC, dying at lvl 69 for some stupid reason, gives you 0 paragon instead of a healthy bunch so that you feel you have done atleast something.

but i guess i will atleast get 1 character max lvl on hardcore.
    I only have 1 HC character, that is 30 or something - a wizard. Haven't played since early D3

I think I am going to make a crusader HC char though, always wanted a tanky class using a shield. And barbarians didn't really give me that feeling.
    Doubt I would play HC much anyway, I would absolutely hate losing my character if I died : P
    Maybe just once, being extremely cautious and taking my time. Would probably end up dying from lag or something stupid though, just my luck : P
    I'll probably make a HC crusader and a SC crusader. Probably play SC first to get to know the character and skills. Then move on and spend more time on the HC character.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Hello!

My plan is to play softcore, till I complete history mode, so I can unlock adventure mode for hardcore chars and get used to new boss mechanics etcs.

Then I'll just lvl to 70 my hc chars playing adventure mode, as soon as I get bored and I get some of the new gems, I'll make my first crusader and twink it with high level rubies.

Then probly I'll get back to my copy-softcore chars in order to test difficulty on torment etc, so I can practice for my hc chars on torment.
    Last edited by Xiep: 12/22/2013 11:31:13 AM
    I am pretty sure completing the campaign mode in SC does not unlock the adventure mode in HC, or? Like leveling your Artisans in SC doesn't give you access to them in HC etc. Could be wrong though but I doubt it works like what you describe.
    I will probably start off right in HC, either with a fresh crusader or go with my highly defensive barb. Got all classes at 60, and lost my fair share of 60's. I don't mind losing some more. Playing soft core does nothing for me anymore, so might as well jump in the deep end.
    Probably go through SC first and when I get bored, go HC. But what do you mean lacking some details? Isn't the game going to ship as it is in the beta( with a few nerfs,minor tweaks,fixes) or are we going to have some surprises?

Quote from TheWaldemar

I am pretty sure completing the campaign mode in SC does not unlock the adventure mode in HC, or? Like leveling your Artisans in SC doesn't give you access to them in HC etc. Could be wrong though but I doubt it works like what you describe.

I tested it on Beta, nowadays it is like I said.
    Quote from TheWaldemar

I've been wondering this same thing for a while. One of the loading screens does say "when you complete Act 5, you unlock Adventure Mode." So I'm assuming that could mean for both Hardcore and Softcore. To me, the logic is...when you've completed all the Acts and defeated all the bosses, you at least have some small insight into how one trip through the game works, which should be good enough to start Hardcore.

So, I think Adventure Mode should unlock after you beat Act 5, whether in Softcore or Hardcore. Reason being...part of what I think makes Hardcore Adventure Mode more dangerous than Hardcore Campaign Mode is that in Adventure Mode, since you're bouncing around the whole map, you're keeping your adrenaline high and you're staying in battle as often as possible, so death can arrive around almost any corner if you're not careful. Whereas in Hardcore Campaign Mode, you're simply going in order from step to step to step. "Okay...here's the part where I have to visit Festering Woods, better steel myself for a bunch of elites...here's the part where I duck into the sewers in Act 2...the Tower Floors in Act 3..." Since it's all in order, it's very predictable. Whereas in Adventure Mode, if you happen to have the difficulty tuned too high, and get dealt a bounty you think you can handle and rush to it too fast, you could die.

I like that kind of danger. I want that kind of danger to occur for people who aren't expecting it. I admit, I mostly play Softcore because it's a bit less stressful, and I can focus more on building my character than constantly staying alive...but I do want to get some really strong Hardcore characters going. Haven't had great luck so far, but Reaper of Souls and Adventure Mode seem like a great place to make that happen.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
    depending on server stability and ladders

if ladders are out i'll be starting hc from lvl 1 right out the gate no matter what

if servers are all over i'll play thru with my normal toon thru all a5

if niether are present i'll just continue the journey with the hc char i'm playing now
    HC became kinda easy... started playing HC 1,5 Weeks ago. Now i got a 60 WD, and a 60 Wiz... around Paragon 55.

It is however way more fun then Softcore currently, because you only find Upgrades, and thats awsome.

Give it a try, and dont be afraid of dying... we all gotta go eventually :p
    Immediately. I've never played softcore through (just to 10 to unlock HC) and I don't plan to start with RoS
    Level 70 Witch Doctor - Harcdore
    (Hardcore or go home)
    http://www.twitch.tv/gamingsanctum
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes