I've been playing HC Wizard on Diablo 3 pretty much permanently since I started playing, but it's getting a little boring now. The only build I enjoy (and feel safe) playing is CMWW but I'm just getting bored with it now.
So I'm looking to start a new class, only I really don't know enough about the other classes to make an informed decision.
So anyone got any input on the pro's and con's of the other 4 classes with regard to HC that I could use to choose one?
Also, please consider that I'll be playing self-found. Any builds that require expensive gear just won't be feasable.
I realise this is a fairly open ended question, but any help is appreciated. ^^
Definitely witch doctor. I too used to be wiz player as well(i actualy remember you from wiz forum by Tali avatar), and since i converted to WD im enjoying the game much more.
1) You got training playing caster class
2) WD is the least gear-dependant class
3) WD is great for soloing thanks to its ability to summon several very durable tanks and passive spirit vessel making you basicaly immortal
4) WD has many viable builds and buff spells you can choose from, so you are not limited to playstyle you dont enjoy. Ignore what you see on forums or youtube, those people are 99% softcore going only for efficiency and thus using only 2 different builds with minor tweaks.
5) WD has the highest chance to survive dc. You got army of tanks to attract enemy attention till you log off. 1 gargantuan + 3(4) zombie dogs + enchantress using maximus summoning tank demon + spirit vessel pasive.
Rollback Post to RevisionRollBack
Rencol - Diablo fan since 1996 and walking encyclopedia of Diablo lore.
Rencolia - lvl 60 wizard - dead Rencol - lvl 60 monk - dead Mortis - lvl 60 witch doctor - alive and kicking
That's not really practical for me, especially on HC. It takes me days to level one character to 60 because levelling in D3 just sends me to sleep, it just drains me it's so boring, and as we all know playing HC while sleepy is suicidal.