Wizard needs help with build

I seek help from experienced hardcore wizards who are able to farm act3/4 inferno.

Pls, post me your builds and tactics, idealy even stats and some personal input.

Im sick&tired of dying. So far ive lost 3 inferno chars, wiz, barb and monk, all using standard cookie-cutter builds, so im looking for something new.

Ive been trying to search for hc builds myself, but its all softcore crap or "hey i have beaten nm diablo with this awesome hc build try it out" stuff.

Thx for help
    Rencol - Diablo fan since 1996 and walking encyclopedia of Diablo lore.
    Rencolia - lvl 60 wizard - dead :dead: Rencol - lvl 60 monk - dead :dead: Mortis - lvl 60 witch doctor - alive and kicking :Thumbs Up:
    bump bump!
    i don't think there are any wizzards that really farm a3/4 on inferno hc yet. A3 is painful and even mele tornado build can meet some really tough packs (some shielding combinations) that are very dangerous. It's doable but it's not worth to loose your char over 1 stupid pack that you just refused to run away from :P

However i would recommend going for mele tornado build with explosive blast which is very popular right now among sc players. It works in HC as well. I tried it in a1/a2 on hc and it's definetely better then range builds (also safer). Another alternative is spectral blade / meteor which i am using right now since it's less gear dependent. It also works in a1/a2. Difference is you can't stunlock mobs so well as with tornado build. It's more versatile but overall weaker build imo.
    Quote from ishy

i don't think there are any wizzards that really farm a3/4 on inferno hc yet. A3 is painful and even mele tornado build can meet some really tough packs (some shielding combinations) that are very dangerous. It's doable but it's not worth to loose your char over 1 stupid pack that you just refused to run away from :P

However i would recommend going for mele tornado build with explosive blast which is very popular right now among sc players. It works in HC as well. I tried it in a1/a2 on hc and it's definetely better then range builds (also safer). Another alternative is spectral blade / meteor which i am using right now since it's less gear dependent. It also works in a1/a2. Difference is you can't stunlock mobs so well as with tornado build. It's more versatile but overall weaker build imo.

Interesting... could you post that blade meteor build? And when you are at it, post tornado as well, so we have it nicely at one spot ;)
    Rencolia - lvl 60 wizard - dead :dead: Rencol - lvl 60 monk - dead :dead: Mortis - lvl 60 witch doctor - alive and kicking :Thumbs Up:
    edit: for some reason links stopped working correctly and they show bad builds so i will just paste my profile instead with build i mentioned before

http://eu.battle.net...6/hero/12411651

right now critical mass is just too good to not have it unfortunately :(
    -voice of proffesor farnsworths- gooood neeews everyone, they are removing the shielded minions, making these builds even more powerful!
    Quote from ishy

edit: for some reason links stopped working correctly and they show bad builds so i will just paste my profile instead with build i mentioned before

http://eu.battle.net...6/hero/12411651

right now critical mass is just too good to not have it unfortunately :(

Thanks for sharing your build !

I have a lvl 51 sorc using a similar build. I'm just using venom hydra instead of teleport (I'm about to start hell difficulty, so I'll probably switch to teleport) and the Pinpoint Barrier rune instead of the Prismatic rune.
    I am playing with a monk (with mantra of Evasion/Hard Target, FoT, SW and 3 def skills cookie cutter build). Would you suggest a slightly different build for coop (for me or him) ? Also, do meteors hit Belial in phase 3 (I always wonder what can hit him and what can't) ?
    I welcome any advice for newbies HC sorc and monk !
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes