"You will die" - Hardcore effects

I loved HC in D2. I played 3 characters to over 90 levels and always swore that "if this dies, I will never start new character." The most disturbing message from the development team for me was this "You will die" - video. Will you be able to finish the game at hardcore at all? Will the game be too difficult in the higher difficulty levels, that it is pointless to start a HC character?

I mean that in D2, the difficulty was pretty much ok. If you gemmed right and were cautios (not running into things without a brain, and leaving the area if it seemed too tough) you easily survived. But when you changed the gear for example to "lootfinding" gear, you had to be on your toes. For example my lvl 97 amazon was oneshotted by an unique archer in The Pit while wearing the lootfinding gear.

I wonder which case it is. Can you finish it with HC?
    I guess that, if you use your brain and are patient enough to farm the right gear.. Then you'd have no trouble to survive until Inferno. But whenever you make it to inferno, beware, I think that you'll need loads of skills and some of the best gear from Hell to survive.
    I doubt it will be easy to finish hell HC let alone Inferno HC. But of course with right gear and right knowledge, you should be able to do some inferno HC too. At least I hope so, I never could finish Nightmare HC in Diablo 2
    The whole thrill of HC is the possibility of death. ;)
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

I think thats the reason they're saying, you need to complete the game not in hardcore mode, kinda one sided argument but its one of one for sure :pirate: !
    I think it will take a long time until we see someone fully complete Inferno HC. You will no doubt have to grind gear on Hell for a long time, and even after that you will probably be bursted from 100-0 in a second if you make one tiny little mistake. But thats awesome. Gotta love hard games :D
    I cant wait for alle the people who want to have the world first hardcore char that beats inferno alone XD Maybe its not even possible but after all this naked uber diablo runs and all the other ways to make it difficult for yourself i think they will definately try to do this.
    I think i couldnt bring up the effort to go that far even after getting "The Immortal" in wow pre patch XD
    Quote from Durael

i think they will definately try to do this

This is the internet, my friend. There is nothing (other than proper grammar and spelling) that we cannot achieve.

Someone will solo Inferno HC. It may take years, but it will happen. And it will be magical.
    Diablo 2 hardcore was not hard, especially after the expansion, so i expect diablo 3 to offer a descent challenge.

Patience is the key, that is basically what separates the men from the boys :D
    Yes. I think D2 HC was not that hard. I finished it several times,, Many times retreating with portal ofc, but finishing it many times still. :D

But I was referring to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

There are sentences like:
    - "The group spend an hour wiping on a single boss."
    - "That first rare monster pack is basically gonna own you. "
    - "You gonna really need to use your gems and enchants to really boost up your defence to just to survive and not get oneshotted."
    - "Sometimes just the AOE damage will kill you instantly."
    - "When you get to nightmare, hell and inferno, you will get your asses kicked. We promise."

I mean.. If it is REALLY gonna be that hard, is it basically "impossible" to finish the hardest mode? Of course someone WILL do it. (hell, someone beated the arcade tetris)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

But is it gonna be really possible for the "masses", not just the 0,0000001% of the playerbase. :)

I'm a bit worried if it is gonna be too hard. Because I think it will drop ppl out from the HC. :/

EDIT: And how to you turn this autolinking to youtube off :(
    That analogy with tetris is exactly why I'd like D3 to be this hard ! If I can't finish it, great ! Tha makes more sense than every devoted player being able to do so ... imo.
    holy crap that tetris guy!

Invisible tetris ftw haha

I just love the fact that they showed characters on low life dying(eg the monk) with out using DiabloWiki.com - Breath of Heaven Breath of Heaven or potions...

Any smart player or ex-HC D2 player would always and I mean ALWAYS keep their life/health pretty close to full. I am still interested to see how my first proper run through goes(HC mode that is) as normal is so easy once you start to acquire gear and lvl your blacksmith.
    Quote from Porris_

Yes. I think D2 HC was not that hard. I finished it several times,, Many times retreating with portal ofc, but finishing it many times still.

But I was referring to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0F2wPZWdYk

There are sentences like:
    - "The group spend an hour wiping on a single boss."
    - "That first rare monster pack is basically gonna own you. "
    - "You gonna really need to use your gems and enchants to really boost up your defence to just to survive and not get oneshotted."
    - "Sometimes just the AOE damage will kill you instantly."
    - "When you get to nightmare, hell and inferno, you will get your asses kicked. We promise."

I mean.. If it is REALLY gonna be that hard, is it basically "impossible" to finish the hardest mode? Of course someone WILL do it. (hell, someone beated the arcade tetris)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

But is it gonna be really possible for the "masses", not just the 0,0000001% of the playerbase. :)

I'm a bit worried if it is gonna be too hard. Because I think it will drop ppl out from the HC. :/

EDIT: And how to you turn this autolinking to youtube off :(

I hope its hell is hard, would be nice if the ladder it self is not full of level 60s after 1 month.
    XXD! Nice thread, seems like Hardcore is definitely for the HC, it's gonna be a helluva ride.
    Quote from Nuvian

Diablo 2 hardcore was not hard, especially after the expansion, so i expect diablo 3 to offer a descent challenge.

Patience is the key, that is basically what separates the boys from the men :D

I thought it was puberty B) *rimshot*
    I plan to play all the way through Inferno with at least one character on Normal before I even consider making a hardcore character. That way I can get a feel for where the most dangerous areas are, good points to farm exp and gear/crafting, and experiment with survival builds in a setting that can support the experimentation. If the game really is as hard as the video/article exlcaims, then a lot of planning will be needed to make it through hardcore alive.
    MONKSPUNK
    Of course you will be able to finish inferno hc, but I sure it will be much harder than on D3. Several reasons:

- No pots
    - No tps
    - No overpowered items (hopefully)
    - No matter how strong you are, monsters are supposed to be always challenging.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

Of course you will be able to finish inferno hc, but I sure it will be much harder than on D3. Several reasons:

- No pots
    - No tps

Yes i agree! And dont forget no "Save & exit" :D You will really have to think before entering a new zone, because you cant just quit if things get hot. D3 HC will hopefully be one of the best gaming experiences ever :)
    Can't wait for HC and inferno. I'm thinking it's going to be harder than D2's current Hell mode based on the information released. My plan is definately to level one guy through normal difficulty then unlock hardcore and continue only in HC mode. I can't wait.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

- No pots
    - No tps

Don't forget no "save & exit".
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes