Diablo III Beta System Requirements

Does this mean I won't be able to run it at all? :0

My specs:
    Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo T5750 @ 2.00GHz
    4.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 331MHz
    128MB GeForce 8400M GS
    Wondering something... I'm not quite good with computer parts and what those numbers mean, so I would like to know in what category fall my graphic card and my processor:

a ) Below minimum (I really doubt it since i bought this comp new last year :P) or minimum
    b ) Between minimum and recommended
    c ) Recommended or higher

Processor: AMD Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
    Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

Thanks for any fast answer :)
    "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great" ~Jay Wilson

Is Ati Radeon 1900XT enough? Or does it need to be a 1950 card?

My spec:
    My System Specifications

Operating System:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz
    CPU Speed:
    3.21 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.5 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Radeon X1900 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    Video Card Memory:
    533 MB
    Video Card Driver:
    atiumdag.dll
    Desktop Resolution:
    1920x1200
    Hard Disk Size:
    232.83 GB
    Hard Disk Free Space:
    20.55 GB (9%)
    Download Speed:
    5.51 MB/s (46.2 mbps)

Will this be enough to be considering to beta test diablo 3?
    EU Battletag: muSPK#1638
    I have a question to all the computer savy people out there. I have a Pentium D 2.66, not a 2.8, but an ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1 GB ram and 3.25 GB system ram. Do you think that this computer will be able to run D3?

Sounds good, should have no problem maxing it out on 1920x1080 then!

I sure hope the maximum settings look amazing. But I know I'll be able to max this out, especially since I have a 1280x1024 resolution <3

I have a question to all the computer savy people out there. I have a Pentium D 2.66, not a 2.8, but an ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1 GB ram and 3.25 GB system ram. Do you think that this computer will be able to run D3?

Yeah it will, it's below recommended and your cpu is below minimum so it's hard to tell though. I'd upgrade if I were you. PM me if you're interested in buying a new machine to run D3 on :)

a ) Below minimum (I really doubt it since i bought this comp new last year :P) or minimum
    b ) Between minimum and recommended
    c ) Recommended or higher
    Processor: AMD Athlon™ II P320 Dual-Core Processor 2.10 GHz
    Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
    Thanks for any fast answer :)

I'd say it's a B, your machine, cpu below recommended but above minimum and same for graphics card.

That's weird. My post was on the third page, then it got pushed back to the second.

Will I be able to run D3 at all?

128MB GeForce 8400M GS

Difficult to say, your cpu is above minimum, your gpu is below minimum for mac... your RAM is ridiculously terrible lol but there's a fair bit of it so yeah. I'd say upgrade but it has imo a good chance of running it, but badly.

My spec:
    My System Specifications

Operating System:
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.20GHz
    Good.
    System Memory:
    3.5 GB
    Good.
    Video Card Model:
    Radeon X1900 Series (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM)
    Very very debilitatingly bad.
    Desktop Resolution:
    1920x1200
    Don't expect to game at this resolution with that gpu and Vram.

Won't be enough to BETA test with that gpu at all. It falls underneath minimum specs. So yeah.

DISCLAIMER: Everyone here has to realise if that if their specs are at around the minimum, as EVERYONE who has asked are, the game will still barely run. If at all, minimum specs are really something you want to be a certain way above to play the game, all of you guys are borderline and really I wouldn't trust your computers to run the game.

DISCLAIMER 2: Also this is beta, the Requirements may go down, so hold off on upgrading until the games official release.

P.S. If you're interested in buying or building a new computer, PM me and I'll do my best to help you make an informed purchase, even if you remain as uninformed about computers as before :)
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the info, this is a nice thing to hear !
    Vingor#1871
    That's weird. My post was on the third page, then it got pushed back to the second.

Will I be able to run D3 at all?

128MB GeForce 8400M GS
    To above poster and most people asking if you have min specs which most of you do, You will run it at bare minimum and slightly lag or extremely lag when having huge fights and sorry but forget 4 player coop games cause it just aint going to work.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Should I be worried about my CPU speed or does it not matter because I have a Quad Core?

----

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.0.6002 (Service Pack 2) [Vista]
    CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    2.36 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:
    3 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 [<- This is wrong. I have the 8800 GT model. But I've been told before there's not alot of difference.]
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    1.74 GB
    VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
    nvd3dum.dll
    DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
    1280x1024 [old monitor that I prefer because of limited desk space]
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    919.81 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    699.83 GB (76%)
    This signature has been edited by Macros: 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

To above poster and most people asking if you have min specs which most of you do, You will run it at bare minimum and slightly lag or extremely lag when having huge fights and sorry but forget 4 player coop games cause it just aint going to work.

As long as I can run it at a decent resolution at 20 - 30 FPS, I'm fine with lowest settings across the board and never being able to play multiplayer.
    @Macros
    Your CPU is above recommended by a fair bit so no worries there.

The GTS 250 is based on the same circuit as 8800GT that's why the program might mix em up. GTS 250 is a bit faster, but they are both above minimum, in between min and recommended.
    I have :

athlon x2 dual core ql-62 2ghz
    ATI Radeon 3100
    4 gig ram

I think I can barelly run the game...but do I need to worry if I buy a new laptop of around 600$CAN ?

like a :
    2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
    4GB Shared Single Channel DDR3 Memory
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M (64-bit) 512MB (Dual)

Because if I compare the benchmark of the minimum spec with the i5, the processor is way better but the graphic card is lower.

You guys have any suggestion for a laptop of around 600$CAN
    Thanks Verity :)

And to think when I bought that graphics card it was the second best on the market..
    This signature has been edited by Macros: 25 August 2010 - 04:00 PM

I have :

athlon x2 dual core ql-62 2ghz
    ATI Radeon 3100
    4 gig ram

I think I can barelly run the game...but do I need to worry if I buy a new laptop of around 600$CAN ?

like a :
    2nd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor 2.30 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 2.90 GHz
    4GB Shared Single Channel DDR3 Memory
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6470M (64-bit) 512MB (Dual)

Because if I compare the benchmark of the minimum spec with the i5, the processor is way better but the graphic card is lower.

You guys have any suggestion for a laptop of around 600$CAN

Your current computer is a bit below minimum for the beta. The graphic card is especially weak and I doubt it'll run the game even when they optimize further for release.

That laptop CPU will indeed run just fine (above recommended), but the graphics card is still below minimum. It's quite usual for "consumer" laptop to not have a powerful GPU since they are not intended to run games. I would suggest looking into another laptop with a more powerful graphics card if you want to play Diablo 3 on it.

Don't have any suggestions regarding the choice though, I'm not too much into the laptop market.

@Macros: Hah, yeah, the wonders of technology development :P
    Thanks Verity for your quick reply. I'll cross my finger that it will run well on a new laptop..

Thanks Verity for your quick reply. I'll cross my finger that it will run well on a new laptop..

A new laptop with the right specs will have no problem :)! Most laptops favours CPU power over GPU though which usually makes it weaker for games, but better for regular applications which have no heavy graphics. What you want is a "gaming" laptop within your budget.
    Hi I have the 2011 MacBook Pro with the 6750M in it. 8GB ram. Do you gusy think that the new 2011 Macbook Pro should run this game on high settings or will I need to run on Medium-High? Any info would be great.

Cheers.

P.S. If you're interested in buying or building a new computer, PM me and I'll do my best to help you make an informed purchase, even if you remain as uninformed about computers as before :)

Fortunately I have been waiting for D3 to buy a new machine so hopefully be able to afford a good one (actually need 4) - I may take you up on your offer when I have priced up something...

My main issue is my broadband, they state broadband, but what speed? There will be 4 of us playing together (me, my wife and my 2 children) on the same link so can you suggest/ recommend what I would need?

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you very much for your reply Eskanasi :)
    "No one will remember if the game is late, only if it's great" ~Jay Wilson

I did not get a reply earlier, so I'll post again. It says we need broadband internet to play the game and most wireless are excluded. I run my internet from a Verizon wirelesss router, and it runs fine with no interuptions. I never have a problem playing online games, but will running my internet from this limit my chances for getting into the beta? Will it even matter?
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes