Diablo III Beta System Requirements

*Sigh. At casual laptop owners not knowing what decent graphics cards are most of them with shitty 310m's or less thinking "yay i have a dedicated GPU" in reality they're marginally better than intel hd... if you expect to play a ARPG on one of those then go buy torchlight ... Least I got my Nvidia gt540m to play on the move :D expecting medium-high at 1366x768 . Common Blizzard i just figuired out how to submit using my card not intel hd :D gimmmmme Bettta.
    Not a troll, actually going to be a Monk! The 56K modem thing was s'possed to be a joke, maybe only I found it funny...
    I wonder how it will work on a AMD x2 245 procesor (~2.9GHz) with 2GB ram and a 9800GT. Shouldnt have problems running it on "medium" settings...
    Quote from Runner418

Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better

When referring to minimum i would assume these specs would be needed to run the game at 800x600 and every setting on low.

While I do understand that pretty much everyone reading this will have way better systems than these minimums, it seems weird to me that having a dedicated GPU is pretty much a requirement if you even want to play pc games now.

I feel as though i must be mistaken in my thinking seeing that most people purchasing the game will be casual and not even know what a video card is. Especially since it should run fine on older systems. Does that refer to older gaming systems that most here have built or just 'older system'?

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Interesting. I was under the impression that everyone thought a gfx card was essential for gaming. You're correct about casual gamers wanting to play this game, but surely even they must know that graphics integrated with the motherboard yields horrible performance? I am not trying to pick on you, I'm simply asking because I think our views on casual gamers differs quite a bit.

...So, how did you come up with that nickname of yours? :)
    walk softly, and carry a big gun
    im actually using old desktop monitor becouse dont have money to buy new one. so im stuck with 1024 x 768. my computer can support way higher resolutions but my monitor does not. so yes, there are still people who use that kind of shitty thingies ;p on the other hand i can run games/applications easily with higher res.
    Ah my pc isn't that bad then, I only need to replace my shitty GeForce FX 5200.
    ~TRADER EXTRAORDINAIRE
    Quote from Runner55

Interesting. I was under the impression that everyone thought a gfx card was essential for gaming. You're correct about casual gamers wanting to play this game, but surely even they must know that graphics integrated with the motherboard yields horrible performance? I am not trying to pick on you, I'm simply asking because I think our views on casual gamers differs quite a bit.

I'm casual in the sense that I grew up with warcraft 1-3 and diablo 1 and loved playing those games. I was about 12 and didn't know a thing about computers. Years down the road i hear blizzard is going to release the next of the warcraft series so i purchase on day 1 and become addicted for 2 years not even knowing was an mmo was at the time. I used my computer that i had bought for college which was mediocre when i got it a year and a half earlier. It suited my needs for the duration.

I bought a new computer six months ago and i'm realizing new, does not equal, "i don't even have to look at the games requirements" like it used to for me.

I'm a very casual pc gamer but i will do whatever it takes to play diablo 3 at release. All of my friends play console games but also have store bought, less than 2 year old computers. Convincing them to buy and try out the game would be easy but their computers won't cut it.

...best mile time :)
    Quote from Runner418

Quote from Runner55

I'm casual in the sense that I grew up with warcraft 1-3 and diablo 1 and loved playing those games. I was about 12 and didn't know a thing about computers. Years down the road i hear blizzard is going to release the next of the warcraft series so i purchase on day 1 and become addicted for 2 years not even knowing was an mmo was at the time. I used my computer that i had bought for college which was mediocre when i got it a year and a half earlier. It suited my needs for the duration.

I bought a new computer six months ago and i'm realizing new, does not equal, "i don't even have to look at the games requirements" like it used to for me.

I'm a very casual pc gamer but i will do whatever it takes to play diablo 3 at release. All of my friends play console games but also have store bought, less than 2 year old computers. Convincing them to buy and try out the game would be easy but their computers won't cut it.

...best mile time :)

If their computers are less than two years old they should be able to run D3, unless their store bought computers use very outdated hardware/were super cheap...
    Is it just me or is this game terribly optimized?

Not only does it require a dual-core CPU (which SC2 doesn't, and it's a very CPU-intensive game with loads of units and AI processing) but it's the first Blizzard game to require a high-range GPU in the minimum requirements (even if they're old GPU models). These requirements are almost equivalent to the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ones, which is a much more technology and detail-heavy game.

Furthermore, basically every gameplay video I've seen, especially from the F&F beta, has some form of framerate and stuttering issues that make the gameplay frustrating (not even considering latency issues). I seriously hope that some real optimization is going on right now, along with the soon to be added new graphical features and that the requirements will be lower by the game's release, cause this looks VERY underwhelming for a game which prides itself in relying much more on its art style than its graphical technology to look good.

It really sucks that someone who can run SC2 and Cataclysm decently may very well have problems running Diablo III, considering it's a game with such low graphical fidelity (mainly 3D models and textures).
    Quote from Archanoth

Is it just me or is this game terribly optimized?

Not only does it require a dual-core CPU (which SC2 doesn't, and it's a very CPU-intensive game with loads of units and AI processing) but it's the first Blizzard game to require a high-range GPU in the minimum requirements (even if they're old GPU models). These requirements are almost equivalent to the Battlefield: Bad Company 2 ones, which is a much more technology and detail-heavy game.

Furthermore, basically every gameplay video I've seen, especially from the F&F beta, has some form of framerate and stuttering issues that make the gameplay frustrating (not even considering latency issues). I seriously hope that some real optimization is going on right now, along with the soon to be added new graphical features and that the requirements will be lower by the game's release, cause this looks VERY underwhelming for a game which prides itself in relying much more on its art style than its graphical technology to look good.

It really sucks that someone who can run SC2 and Cataclysm decently may very well have problems running Diablo III, considering it's a game with such low graphical fidelity (mainly 3D models and textures).

These are just the Beta req's, and not the official req's. I'm sure you don't need this stuff to run it on low. I bet you that most computers from 10 years ago will run it. If they are high it's because this beta is not optomized because it's a beta. Simply put... IT'S A BETA!
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quick question:
    i have a graphic card exactly as posted as minimum: radeon HD 2600 pro (i know it's crappy, but still works, and with overdrive it works even fine) and it still shows me "Diablo 3 cannot run because this card is missing required features" (just a leaked client, but updated) all drivers up to date and what now?
    I'll probly max the game, but I hope to be lagless in 4p coop
    Would i be able to play this max? or close?

Video:Nvidia Gefore 460m
    Processor:Intel core q740 i7 1.73gh (8cpu)
    Ram:8gb
    Screen: 1920x1080
    Hdd space:200gb
    Damn i need new video card my current is radeon X1550 hope works though, i will see
    I downloaded the leaked beta client like other people, and just changing some options around, I found that it was really laggy from going to one option and it highlighting it to the next. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4200 which is better than the minimum. My computer is only like two months old so I don't know what's up with it. I even tried lowering the resolution and putting it into windowed mode, and it only made it slightly better.

I'm not really worrying about it for now since I'm not(and probably won't be) in the beta. Just wondering if anyone had a clue why it was so laggy with a better than minimum graphics card. Oh, and all the sounds happen when I click and don't lag if that makes any difference.

Yeah I can't play the beta because I have an ATI Radeon X1200 Series graphics card.
    Oh man, my computer will have no problems at all with this game...awesome! :D
    I was just wondering how you compare a desktop graphics card to a laptop graphics card. I found a chart for NVIDIA vs Radeon, but can't seem to find desktop to laptop. Is there a chart somewhere that you can look at? Basically I'm just trying to see if the beta could be an option, or if I'm not even going to get in because of my specs. These are my computer's specs:

OPERATING SYSTEM:
    Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
    CPU TYPE:
    Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
    CPU SPEED:
    2.03 GHz
    SYSTEM MEMORY:
    5.91 GB
    VIDEO CARD MODEL:
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
    67 MB
    PRIMARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
    1366x768
    SECONDARY DISPLAY RESOLUTION:
    1920x1080
    HARD DISK SIZE:
    581.71 GB
    HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
    454.95 GB (78%)
    DOWNLOAD SPEED:
    680.39 kB/s (5.6 mbps)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
    I have a brand new HP laptop that exceds these specs extraordinarily. My only problem is that I only have access to a Verizon wireless internet. My connection to it is fine, and I never really lose the signal, but will Blizzard not choose me for beta just because I have a wireless internet connection? Can they even tell?
    A lifetime of Blizzard; a lifetime of fun. A lifetime with online games; a lifetime of memories.
    how do i get mac ox 7 i have to get lion correcT?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes