Diablo III Beta System Requirements

Quote from Whizzleteeth

Not in the beta, so I played through Titan Quest pretending that it was Diablo. I came to realize though, Titan Quest is a pretty nice looking game on high settings. It made me wonder if Diablo would look any better on my aging machine. ie. I could set everything to high on Titan Quest, but doubt very much I can do the same in D3. Titan Quest was fine, except for two sections of the Immortal Throne which really dropped in fps.

Does anybody in the beta have similar specs? If so, how does it run?

I figure the bottleneck will be my cpu. I use a fairly low resolution (1440x900), so maybe that will be my saving grace.

CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz
    CPU Speed:
    1.82 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.5 GB
    Video Card Model:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Gamespot actually tried it out with something approaching my specs.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/diablo-iii-beta-how-low-can-it-go-6337821/

Hopping onto our test beds, we thought we'd limbo down a bit and pair up an Intel Core i3 with a practically ancient GeForce 9800 GT. Frame rates ended up pegged at 60, the maximum the monitor allowed with V-sync enabled, and we were still running with everything cranked at 1920. Clearly, we were still overestimating the game's demands.

Off we went to our dusty 1.8GHz Core 2 Duo paired with a GeForce 8800 GT. This has to be the bottom, right? Wrong. We maxed out everything and still ended up with a machine that could output 60 frames per second under normal conditions and in average battles.
    what do you think about an ati mobility radeon HD 4650 running d3? you think it could go up to high settings?
    -U.S ARMY VETERAN-
    I am wondering if I will be able to run d3 on the lowest settings. The only reason I worry is because I have a laptop with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series. When I play beta my fps seems a little slow, but I am hoping that with the whole game I will be able to go lowest with all settings because I don't care much about graphics.
    So I need a little advice. I got i7 920 2.67 Ghz CPU and HD4890 GPU and I still have some lag in beta when there are big battles. I am just wondering which piece of hardware is lagging here? If I know I can overclock it.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

So I need a little advice. I got i7 920 2.67 Ghz CPU and HD4890 GPU and I still have some lag in beta when there are big battles. I am just wondering which piece of hardware is lagging here? If I know I can overclock it.

Overclocks generally don't give much more than 10% performance gains, what means nothing for gaming.
    I think the problem may be physics running on your CPU. Although I'm not sure how they implemented physics in game, IF it uses only Physx to run it on GPU, the game is processing the physics on your CPU, what may overwhelm it in some cases.

To be sure, you can keep an eye on your CPU usage when these big battle are happening to see if it's near 100%. When doing it, don't forget that your CPU is a 4 core, but it has 8 total virtual cores. So, if 4 cores are near 100%, the CPU is giving all it can, even if the Task Manager indicates only 50% usage.

Another test you can do is increase/decrease only the resolution in the game options. If the game slows down much more when increasing it, the bottleneck is your GPU, because changing resolution mantains the CPU load almost intact.

If you find out the problem is your CPU, you may try to overclock it to 3.2GHz, maybe 3.5, but I don't think the standard Intel cooler will be able to maintain a nice temperature unless your ambient temperature is less than 20º C.
    Thanks for advice Primo. Gonna try to decrease resolution and check if lag remains. Also, how do I check CPU usage while playing? Because if I alt-tab CPU usage instantly decreases and I don't have double monitor.
    Quote from Kblavkalash

Thanks for advice Primo. Gonna try to decrease resolution and check if lag remains. Also, how do I check CPU usage while playing? Because if I alt-tab CPU usage instantly decreases and I don't have double monitor.

You have 3 options to check the CPU usage:
    1) Check the Task Manager's graphs for each core and estimate what was the CPU usage just before you alt-tabbed;

2) Play in windowed mode ( =P );

3) Use HWiNFO with Riva Tuner OSD to display the CPU usage in real time while in fullscreen mode. This link explains it in more details http://forum.techinferno.com/hwinfo32-64-discussion/616-support-rtss-displaying-hwinfo32-64-sensor-values-games.html.
    Ok I'll try that :)
    Kblavkalash, I have the same CPU and videocard, and the game is running pretty smooth here.

1680x1050 all max, but shadows at medium. Try to put shadows at medium and see how it runs..
    Quote from foghat01

I think am good with my processor core2 quad [email protected]

4 gig ram.

My video card is only a nvidea gt 440. I imagine this is going to cause some problems?

do you think with an ati 6850 I would be able to run on high setting at full resolution?

thx.

I posted this back in November. Have 8 gigs of ram now, rest of system is still the same. Just wondering if the 6850 is the best bet for getting me to run at highest settings. I'm looking for the least expensive way to run at highest quality.

Thanks.
    Quote from foghat01

Quote from foghat01

I think am good with my processor core2 quad [email protected]

4 gig ram.

My video card is only a nvidea gt 440. I imagine this is going to cause some problems?

do you think with an ati 6850 I would be able to run on high setting at full resolution?

thx.

I posted this back in November. Have 8 gigs of ram now, rest of system is still the same. Just wondering if the 6850 is the best bet for getting me to run at highest settings. I'm looking for the least expensive way to run at highest quality.

Thanks.

If I were you I'd wait and see. Based on what we know, the graphics card is a bit low. GeForce 550 Ti seems to be a good card for a low cost upgrade, but maybe wait till the game is out and see what kind of performance other people are getting? You should at least be able to play the game day one, and if not, video cards are pretty quick and easy to swap out.
    Hellou guys. This weekend i tested the open beta of Diablo 3 and i had some problems considering the FPS in the game. All the details of the game were HIGH at a rezolution of 1920*1080. FPS problems (10~15) ,for 2-3 seconds, occured when big battles were played and few FPS spikes when running on the map.
    My specifications are the following:
    -Intel Core i5-2400 @3.10 GHZ
    -8 GB DDR3 RAM at a 1333 frequency
    -Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (driver up to date and ambient occlusion off)
    -Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
    I know that the beta is not fully optimized but some friends did not have problems on HIGH details like mine and they have older systems. Please reply if you had this. Thanks.
    Quote from cheetanz

Hellou guys. This weekend i tested the open beta of Diablo 3 and i had some problems considering the FPS in the game. All the details of the game were HIGH at a rezolution of 1920*1080. FPS problems (10~15) ,for 2-3 seconds, occured when big battles were played and few FPS spikes when running on the map.
    My specifications are the following:
    -Intel Core i5-2400 @3.10 GHZ
    -8 GB DDR3 RAM at a 1333 frequency
    -Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (driver up to date and ambient occlusion off)
    -Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3
    I know that the beta is not fully optimized but some friends did not have problems on HIGH details like mine and they have older systems. Please reply if you had this. Thanks.

Do not worry, you're system is MORE than capable of maxing out diablo 3. It must be a beta problem, if it occurs in the final release, I'm sure blizzard will be getting threats lol.
    Thoughts on this laptop?

Windows Experience Index:

Processor: 5.9 (Intel Core2 Duo P8700 2.53GHz)
    RAM: 5.5 (4 GB)
    Graphics: 5.1 (Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family)
    Gaming Graphics: 3.4 (1294 MB Total available graphics memory)
    Primary hard disk: 5.6

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model HP Compaq 6730b (NB025ET#ABN)
    Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2
    64-bit capable Yes

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 224 GB
    Disk partition (C:) 5 GB Free (224 GB Total)
    Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
    Total available graphics memory 1294 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 1230 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2302
    Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
    Secondary monitor resolution 1680x1050
    DirectX version DirectX 10

EDIT: Ouch... Just found out that the graphics adapter is unsupported and will not work with Diablo III... :(
    Hey everyone, looking for some help and wondering how well or not at all my machine will do for this game.. just wanting a general idea of what settings I should be able to play it on (low medium high)

Amd Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor
    2GB ram
    Geforce GTX 460
    148 GB of storage - 110GB of free storage
    Quote from sdZ

Hey everyone, looking for some help and wondering how well or not at all my machine will do for this game.. just wanting a general idea of what settings I should be able to play it on (low medium high)

Amd Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor
    2GB ram
    Geforce GTX 460
    148 GB of storage - 110GB of free storage

Should play d3 fine, only thing is the RAM. Adding another 2GB stick would make a big difference.

You can play 1080p medium settings with that setup.
    Okay I've got a school laptop which is really bad..

Processor: Intel® Core ™2 Duo CPU T6570 @ 2.10GHz 2.10 GHz
    RAM: 2.00 GB
    Graphics card: Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Do you think it will be able to run D3? I'd be happy to just run it on minimum graphics, (like I do on all games). But it's far below minimum, so need advice?

My brother has a laptop with these specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU Q 720 @ 1.60GHz 1.60 GHz
    RAM: 6.00 GB
    Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Will that run D3 good? How do you think it'll go?

My other brother has a Dell XPS M1530 laptop that he doesn't use anymore.. not sure about specs, but that seemed to have been a good laptop back in the day.

I've considered buying my own desktop for gaming and stuff. But since I'm only 16 with no job, I haven't got much money. I'd be looking for a computer under $1000.. I looked on alienware website and everything is heaps expensive. I considered the X51 desktop: http://www.dell.com/...lienware-x51/fs

I can afford $1300 desktop (just..), but is it worth it? Would the X51 run any game on good graphics, and how many years would it last? Any tips on where I can find a desktop less than $1000 AUS that can run D3 and other decent games? And how do you think the 3 laptops above would run D3 (full game, not just beta)? (Sorry for big post and heaps of questions, I'm a noob :D).
    This video might help for those who don't have the capacity to run the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak6p6rBodcA

please thank the author of the video.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes