Diablo III Beta System Requirements

I'm wondering how much hard disk space does D3 needs? I'm planning to install it to SSD and I have ~20GB of free space on my drive. Is it enough?
    If u to go Canirunit.com or http://www.systemreq...cyri/intro.aspx (same site)

U can select Diablo 3 and test if u can run it according to the current requirements from the beta.

Most people should have no problem. The requirements are fairly low :)
    Diablo 3 is very good programmed, its the concept of approaching all users, like in wow. When you have a good PC you will have good graphics and when you have an old pc you can still play it, thats very good.
    Quote from ddrzew11

Quote from Willow

Im going to buy a new computer for the release of diablo 3.
    this is what i've come up with so far.
    anyone have any comments or ideas ?

Cooler Master CM 690 II Lite Svart

Silver Power SP-SS620M 620W PSU

Intel® Core i5-2500K Processor

MSI P67A-GD65 B3, Socket-1155

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 "Dual Fan"

Kingston HyperX SSD 120GB 2.5"

Seagate Barracuda® 500GB

Sony Optiarc DVD±RW Writer, AD-5280S

BenQ 24" LED GL2450HM

MS COA Label Windows Home Premium 7

MS DVD Win H.P/Pro/Ultimate 7 SE 64bit

MS ROYALTY Win Home Premium 7 Nordic

And as a reply to Willow, those specs are more then enough needed to play d3 and moderately high settings. In fact, you could probably even max the game, but everyone shall see once diablo 3 is released. But that build is great. My ONLY suggestion is do not go with the 500gb seagate barracuda. First off, 500gb is plenty but if you do a lot of video editing or photo editing it will quickly fill. Secondly, seagate does not make very reliable Harddrives. Go with this instead (http://www.bestbuy.c...Black&cp=1&lp=1). Western Digital makes very nice Hard Drives and on top of that they are faster in my opinion and more reliable. 149.99 is a little pricy considering it was only 100 when I bought it in October, but you might be able to get it cheaper from Newegg. Also, definately keep with the SSD, your boot times on the computer will be almost nothing. With my SSD, Windows 7 boots within less than 10 seconds.

thanks for the tip. yeah i was checking the western digital at first but because they are so pricy right now after the thailand catastrophy i thought i just might buy a cheaper one at first then i might add a bigger better one later when needed. but you're right 500 gb is enough but not much. yeah i hope the SSD hardrive will make wonders. i've actually never seen anyone use one so cant really tell from experience.
    It's gonna interesting how hard it will be on the CPU/gfx when a lot of monster appears/ are killed. In Diablo II it made the game freeze up if you had the cd in the drive, so I guess it's gonna demand a bit more. Gonna try to stream from the start so it will not be so much fun without 60fps :P Hopefully I'll get in the beta just a few days before it releases to try the stream out..
    anyone think it's interesting that Diablo 3's recc. standard are less than SC2's?

I know that SC2 is probably a more demanding game with all the units and calculations. I just find it interesting!
    I find it annoying the number of games that are lowering the specs (and visual quality) recently. A perfect example is DiRT 2 and 3. The last is clearly less demanding and "ugly" than its predecessor.

Now about Diablo 3, I knew Blizzard would not push the specs too much because... well, they never do that. I don't know if it's to reach a broader audience or what, but when you release a game that can run smoothly (at least most of the time) at max settings on 4 years old GPU's (GTX 260)... something is wrong with that. I think it will look "dated" long before the end of its life (Blizzard wishes this Diablo to be played for around a decade).

Even Blizzard's art department being really talented, games will look old if you're too "shy" on specs. WoW, for example, is beautiful, but everybody says: couldn't this/that "be more shiny"/"be shaded"/"have more polygons"/"have a better texture"?.

That's why I think every game should be released with an extra "ridiculously ultra" setting which is only able to run on 4 GTX 580's and an overclocked extreme CPU (or not even on that).
    My machine likely support the game (win7, core i7....)
    However, my video card, hd 5770, is lower than the recommended in the 3D mark, by say, this computer bought 1.5 years before is a bit out-of-date.....
    Computers change rapidly :(
    btw, I am interested how hard-disk affect the speed of loading because the only 1TB hard-disk storing the system are often overloaded.
    I'm all set to play! Just need my key to enter Sanctuary now :)
    Quote from mbitsa

My machine likely support the game (win7, core i7....)
    However, my video card, hd 5770, is lower than the recommended in the 3D mark, by say, this computer bought 1.5 years before is a bit out-of-date.....
    Computers change rapidly :(
    btw, I am interested how hard-disk affect the speed of loading because the only 1TB hard-disk storing the system are often overloaded.

But the HD 5770 is very close to the GTX 260 in performance. If your benchmark results were too low compared to the GTX 260 results posted, it may be the case where your CPU is too slow.

EDIT: I noticed you said "i7". Well, then I don't know why your results are low, but I'm sure the HD 5770 is equivalent to the GTX 260 for gaming.
    About HDD's. With a single mechanic drive you'll have regular load times. If you put 2 on RAID 0 you'll have considerable better loading, about 150% the performance of a single drive or 60% to 80% the load time of a single drive.
    Now if you use a SSD you enter into a new dimension.
    When I first read the min spec's I was a bit surprised...but without knowing exactly how long the software engines have been in production, it would be tough to change everything if the majority of it was designed 5-6 years ago. Either way, from what I am seeing is that even the lower end computers will have a decent shot at playing this, thus increasing community size. I'm just not sure if thats a good or a bad thing....
    Quote from Willow

Quote from ddrzew11

And as a reply to Willow, those specs are more then enough needed to play d3 and moderately high settings. In fact, you could probably even max the game, but everyone shall see once diablo 3 is released. But that build is great. My ONLY suggestion is do not go with the 500gb seagate barracuda. First off, 500gb is plenty but if you do a lot of video editing or photo editing it will quickly fill. Secondly, seagate does not make very reliable Harddrives. Go with this instead (http://www.bestbuy.c...Black&cp=1&lp=1). Western Digital makes very nice Hard Drives and on top of that they are faster in my opinion and more reliable. 149.99 is a little pricy considering it was only 100 when I bought it in October, but you might be able to get it cheaper from Newegg. Also, definately keep with the SSD, your boot times on the computer will be almost nothing. With my SSD, Windows 7 boots within less than 10 seconds.

thanks for the tip. yeah i was checking the western digital at first but because they are so pricy right now after the thailand catastrophy i thought i just might buy a cheaper one at first then i might add a bigger better one later when needed. but you're right 500 gb is enough but not much. yeah i hope the SSD hardrive will make wonders. i've actually never seen anyone use one so cant really tell from experience.

Ignore him. Seagate makes extremely reliable HDDs. Whether it's Seagate, WD, or any other large HDD manufacturer, the overall experience is going to be the same.
    yes my computer is good enough i cant wait to play D3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sweet looking forward to decent graphics. Gonna wait until next months sallery and order some new parts for the computer :D.
    Would be nice to check if the game ran well on my current computer.
    Omg time to pimp my pc
    I like the reqirements....i will be able to max on my main rig and play on my laptop on the move.
    I see why so low req., they want people to play everywhere :)
    Quote from superfula

Quote from Willow

Quote from ddrzew11

Ignore him. Seagate makes extremely reliable HDDs. Whether it's Seagate, WD, or any other large HDD manufacturer, the overall experience is going to be the same.

ordered the computer last night, with only the SSD HDD . got little bit confused which one im gonna pick. so im going to install an old one from my old computer till i've desided. but you're proberly right. im just going to use the harddrive for storage , i proberly be allright with which ever i pick. first i was thinking 2TB would be nice, but right now the harddrives are so expensive. so think i'll wait and see. :)
    thanks for the heads up tho .
    my i7 and gtx 560 and rdy and rippin to go! not to mention some SSD's... now i just cant decide on 24" or 40" or 54" or ALL 3 :P
    Quote from Primo

I find it annoying the number of games that are lowering the specs (and visual quality) recently. A perfect example is DiRT 2 and 3. The last is clearly less demanding and "ugly" than its predecessor.

Now about Diablo 3, I knew Blizzard would not push the specs too much because... well, they never do that. I don't know if it's to reach a broader audience or what, but when you release a game that can run smoothly (at least most of the time) at max settings on 4 years old GPU's (GTX 260)... something is wrong with that. I think it will look "dated" long before the end of its life (Blizzard wishes this Diablo to be played for around a decade).

Even Blizzard's art department being really talented, games will look old if you're too "shy" on specs. WoW, for example, is beautiful, but everybody says: couldn't this/that "be more shiny"/"be shaded"/"have more polygons"/"have a better texture"?.

That's why I think every game should be released with an extra "ridiculously ultra" setting which is only able to run on 4 GTX 580's and an overclocked extreme CPU (or not even on that).

Well, about Dirt 2 and 3 it makes sense since it's a consol port and "wasting" time updating the engine for high end computers ain't really worth the money, since especially racers on the PC really don't sell that well. And consoles are so far from high end pc's nowadays you can really see the difference in graphics and so on.

Sorry for offtopic :)
    Just looking at these requirements tells us that this game is going to be so awesome, these graphics are going to be unbelievable. Can't wait!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes