Was Diablo 3 beta optimized? And regional servers?

Hi
    i just wanna know if Diablo 3 beta was the final product perfomance wise
    or when the full game comes out on may 15th is it gonna be optimized for overall better perfomance (fps etc.)?

I live in eu and i played the diablo 3 beta weekend where you only could play on the us servers and the fps was a little bad :(
    so my question here is:
    If i play on the eu server will my fps increase?

Thanks
    1. Yes.
    2. At least latency will decrease.
    Quote from jokkekruse

Hi
    or when the full game comes out on may 15th is it gonna be optimized for overall better perfomance (fps etc.)?

I live in eu and i played the diablo 3 beta weekend where you only could play on the us servers and the fps was a little bad :(
    so my question here is:

Thanks

Blizzard said the beta was NOT optimized and was NOT the final product performance-wise. in addition, there were still parts of the beta that not even my AMD 6970 could get through without stuttering. There are several posts throughout the beta forums with similar examples.
    Yeah, as superfula stated many people had problems with stutter even though their hardware was well above the requirements. Blizzard stated this was a beta problem that should be fixed when the game was released.
    Thanks for all the good information
    Quote from superfula

Quote from jokkekruse

Hi

so my question here is:

Thanks

Blizzard said the beta was NOT optimized and was NOT the final product performance-wise. in addition, there were still parts of the beta that not even my AMD 6970 could get through without stuttering. There are several posts throughout the beta forums with similar examples.
    Really? I noticed zero issues with my 6870 @ 1080p. fps was always over 30, usually over 60. (3.9 ghz i7 930)
    30-60fps sounds pretty bad for 6870 with i7 tbh

I'd expect much better on retail version
    I didn't benchmark, I notice the transitions at 30fps and 60fps in terms of time per frame, i did notice it dropping below 60, but never below 30. Anything over 30 minimum framerate is playable. Anyway, I ended up capping it just above 30 to leave more resources available for streaming.
    A 30 minimum is kinda bad for such a good card. You should definitely see an increase on release.
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

Epicurus
    I didn't say the minimum was 30, just that the minimum was between 30 and 60.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes