Community effort: Legendary Gem upgrading effects

Quote from Kallizk
    Edit: also as some ppl have mentioned the pet crit gem caps @ 100% crit thus it's not infinite.

More than 100% crit is pointless anyways. You can't double-crit.
    Rift Level 33 (Rank 1 gem): 63%.
    I believe you're missing the following gem. In fact, according to the new gem icons as shown on the frontpage, we're still missing descriptions of two more gems (making for a total of 15).

Last edited by Nathadir: 7/10/2014 9:13:09 AM
    that really is a bummer... I was hoping for the upgrade system to be ... hmm I dunno, more rewarding?

first iteration of PTR made me struggle to reach lvl 31 and here people saying the upgrade chance is relatively low for a really low upgrade per try...

Not to mention the gem upgrader spawns only when you fail to complete the Grift in time so that kinda sucks if you have for example finished GR 40 and would REALLY REALLY need that additional upgrade to the gem before taking on GR 41.

And as someone here said - there were a LOT more interresting community ideas regarding the gems' powers. Those 15 (with some small exceptions) aren't that interresting truth be told.
    The above poster said that the number increased on the primary... I'm guessing that at rank 50 you get the secondary, but the primary continues to grow as you upgrade it. That being said, it is likely that the amount of the value increase could diminish, possibly at different breakpoints...
    WD - mostly other chars are toilet... my pride and joy ;D http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SirBoneselot-1182/hero/1672627
    I upgraded my Moratorium to rank 2 and it gained a 0.1s duration on the stagger.
    So instead of staggering 50% of your damage over 3 seconds, it now does it over 3.1 seconds.
    Which is a ridiculously low upgrade >.<

Edit: Some additional information; the gem NPC spawned when we failed @ GR level 33, @ that level we both had a 64% chance of upgrading our gems.
    Last edited by Rhyzler: 7/10/2014 11:30:11 AM
    Quote from Zoen

Quote from Kallizk

Edit: also as some ppl have mentioned the pet crit gem caps @ 100% crit thus it's not infinite.

Exactly, you are contradicting yourself and proving my point, gems can't upgrade to infinity, there will be a cap eventually.
    Those Who Do Not Know True Pain Cannot Possibly Understand True Peace...

Just finished another Rift, the Upgrade chance for my Rank 1 and Rank 2 Gems were the exact same. Maybe it only diminishes on breakpoints or not at all. Time will tell.

I'm on Twitter.
    What if it upgrades the first gem power up to 50, then it continues by upgrading the second one? Seems plausible to me! :D
    Quote from AngryCoco »
    What if it upgrades the first gem power up to 50, then it continues by upgrading the second one? Seems plausible to me! :D

How would you upgrade "Your pets are unkillable."?

I'm on Twitter.
    Now, I didn't really think about that one... Good point, I'll fade away to the background once again :D
    This is only the first iteration of the system, so there may be something else that they are working on for the ones like the pet one, which has 2 affixes that have very hard caps.

I'm sure that there are diminishing returns, but if the returns get to be diminished too much, people just won't upgrade them after a certain point, and that becomes an effective cap on that gem.

I really thought that they'd add in main stat, +% elemental damage, block amount, etc that could scale infinitely to them all, and that after a certain point, that's all that gets upgraded.

I guess to be far more concise, hopefully they are aware of the issues with some of the gems and the word "infinite" and will try to come up with a way to make that work.
    Rift Level 30

Wait a second... so you can get two upgrades at once? What the hell?
    -Upgrading a Legendary Gem to the next rank has higher chance of success and a higher chance of granting multiple ranks based on the Greater Rift level you reach (the higher Greater Rift level, the higher chance of success/multiple ranks)
    • Upgrading a Legendary Gem to the next rank has higher chance of success and a higher chance of granting multiple ranks based on the Greater Rift level you reach (the higher Greater Rift level, the higher chance of success/multiple ranks)
    Oh well, atleast I tried to post this first :D
    Last edited by AngryCoco: 7/10/2014 12:17:46 PM
    Thanks to both of you. That happens if you only skim PTR updates. Time to read them more in-depth, I wonder what else I might have missed ;-)
    Quote from Zoen

Quote from Kallizk

Not yet...
    Someone call my boss and tell him to send me home so I can jump into the PTR.

Quote from Angzt
    Quote from AngryCoco

How would you upgrade "Your pets are unkillable."?

Pets can double crit?
    Last edited by Thornagol: 7/10/2014 12:25:27 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes