5 Hours of... - Goblin Farming - [Gold/Xp/Legendaries P/H]

This video is a reaper of souls farming video - It shows how many Legendaries and how much Gold/XP/Items you can get from 5 hours of farming this area(s)

Goblin Farming - 5 Hours of...

Hello and welcome to 5 hours of, in which we farm 5 hours of a particular area and gather stats such as XP per hour/Legendaries per hour/Gold gained per hour and more.

In your interested in the method used its briefly shown in the video - [Act 1 - Old ruins - Dark Cellar]

In this episode we decided to try out the GOBLINS
    Difficulty: Torment 3 solo.

Other useful info
    We found a goblin in 1 in 3 runs.
    It takes on average 30 seconds per run.
    On average we got 1 legendary item every 13 goblins.

Next time out we take a look at one of these two:
    -Cursed Shrines
    -Cursed Chests.

The choice is yours

Thanks for looking. Cuckoo Gaming
    Im sorry bro but youve wasted a huge amount of time....try T6 RiF and many more legendaries/xp you dont even have to go anywhere just sit at the menus...or even Mal T6 campaign farm just port to player at checkpoint before boss.....and you will quadruple your leg/xp rate
    actually more than quadruple sorry Malthael T6 farm is ~90m xp/kill with Well.....with 4 player group bonus thats ~2 billion XP/hr....little more than 90m/ hr id say
    Philippos, hes testing out all the potential farming things to get a feel for how much certain farming things give for both his info and others. I applaud him, he gives some good info.

This, to me anyway, means that Goblins need buffs in terms of gold/legendary drop rates. Goblins should drop a TON of gold to the point that gold-farming Goblins becomes almost as fast as bounties, if not faster.
    Quote from Okakeri
    Philippos, hes testing out all the potential farming things to get a feel for how much certain farming things give for both his info and others. I applaud him, he gives some good info.

This, to me anyway, means that Goblins need buffs in terms of gold/legendary drop rates. Goblins should drop a TON of gold to the point that gold-farming Goblins becomes almost as fast as bounties, if not faster.

Come on, everyone knows that if you're going for xp/legs, there's only 2 options in the game: T6 RiF and T6 campaign Mal checkpoint. Nothing else comes close.

I know people want there to be more to the game than there is, and some people enjoy going around exploring gaining no power on their characters, but OP even made his own picture with D3 font showing the xp/leg statistics...so this is worthless for him.

So yeah. T6 Malthael campaign checkpoint or T6 RiF, just sit at your menus there's nothing else in this game worth doing.
    i agree with the others who have posted, that once you reach a point (about paragon 400 for me) even with the best efficiency solo, it gets to a point that running t2-t4 solo rifts or bounties you get so very little xp/hour that i timed it just today, in 10+ hours of rifts in the last 2 days ish total on my crusader i only gained like 3 or 4 paragon levels, at paragon 300 or even 200 that amount used to be 20-30? obviously as i keep going up, the xp gets out of hand

So the next step up from solo is to do group games, rifts and what not...but even with that, i run t5 rifts in fairly competent groups, and i'm still only looking at about a level an hour, 3-4 rifts an hour? even if it was 5-6 you might get 2 levels an hour if you work hard back to back rifts, but there is always downtime between rifts in public games, people afk, leaving or joining games, or all those people who wander aimlessly through a rift to finish all the levels after a riftboss is dead...often i just leave game after killing boss because i want to get in, kill boss and keep going...which leads me to RIF...

Rift it forward is awesome if you get a great group going and just do that for hours, is it highly efficient? sure! is it much fun after days of doing it? no! and you aren't gaining anything else, no items to salvage, gems, no gold other than the reward, sure the xp is nice, gold is decent, and i guess in the end all that matters is efficiency

After 100's and 100's of hours doing every farming spot under the sun, t1-t6 on 4 toons, rifts, bounties, RIF, only thing i havent done yet is the malthael runs

There have been a few other things for paragon levels, like T6 ghom, which is good xp, but again after about 3 or 400 the xp/hour gets steep, and 10-12 hours a day even would only net you maybe 10 levels, if you are lucky, AND it would be extremely boring...same with Hellrift clears, they were once great for first few hundred paragon levels...now...they barely a drop in the bucket in xp/hour

i'll share with you all a website www.d3rockstars.com and it has current paragon rankings, world wide, it also has a paragon calculator, and it tells me at my current paragon level of 426, at 2 billion xp an hour...yes 2..BILLION an hour (which as you know..is..a..lot) it would take me...10 days @ 6 hours a day on average play to reach 500, 5 if i push 12 hours a day (which is a lot per day)

at 2 billion an hour, 6 hours a day to reach 600? 36 days, 700 in 105 days, and 800 would take: 250 days...6 months...at only 6 hours a day, at 2 billion xp an hour...so 12 billion a day...to reach 800 from 426 @ 4bill an hour, for 12 hours a day (doubled it) would take 63 days...12 hours a day for 2 months straight...yeah thats not crazy at all

i dont think its possible to reach 2b an hour my normal means, let alone 4b, without malth/rift groups and for them to run 12 hours a day? good luck on that...past 600 i dont think to many of the top 800's were 100% legit, some had to have been bots or a whole team playing 24/7 to reach 800, i read on another forums they were getting over 100b a day for weeks, to reach it using malthael kill runs.
    Quote from Philippos
    Im sorry bro but youve wasted a huge amount of time....try T6 RiF and many more legendaries/xp you dont even have to go anywhere just sit at the menus...or even Mal T6 campaign farm just port to player at checkpoint before boss.....and you will quadruple your leg/xp rate

How incredibly ignorant.
    Last edited by Strontaap: 6/8/2014 12:50:56 PM
    Quote from Philippos »

You're just too cool for school.

Quote from Philippos

Yeah, you've completely missed the point.
    Quote from Philippos

And do you know how every single "best" run in the history of the game was figured out? Experimentation. Which is what the OP is doing. So chill.
    Good on him.

And yes other things are better and all (like rift it forward, or just rifting). But it's awesome he's messing with it. And also shame on you for sharing my fav goblin spot :). hopefully blizz uses their time to do other things like fix the game, instead of nerf this guy. Not that it's always there, I just use this area for testing out abilities frequently and there is often a goblin around.
    Or maybe he's porting around to the same boring areas looking for T3 goblins which is not only repetitive but gets him nowhere in the game and wastes time, if the OP took my suggestions he would benefit in game and probably in real life as well. The power of the advanced characters in T6 play make it so any player properly geared 150+ can play it. Next.

Of course, we should let people do what they want within the confines of legality and communal respect. So if somebody wants to smoke cigarettes and kill themself, so be it. If somebody wants to Checkpoint repeatedly for Single Mob farm at a rate that will gimp your character and leave you extremely weak relative to the rest of the game, so be it.
    Last edited by Philippos: 6/9/2014 12:06:23 AM
    Phillipp's, you've completely missed the point of his 5-hour series. No one is disputing the efficiency RiF. In fact, I think it probably is the most efficient way to farm for gear and gold. I'm betting the OP already knows RiF is perhaps the most efficient way...but why should that stop him from trying out other things just to see what kind of numbers he gets? The point of his videos aren't to establish a new means of efficient farming, its simply to see what happens? You've never done anything like that? Just trying something out just to see what happens?
    Don't even try to reason with him. If you look at his post count, it's mostly just blatant shitting on Diablo 3, any fun anyone tries to have in it, and any Blizzard games period. Pretty sure he's just here to express his butthurt over and over again.
    Quote from CuckooGaming
    On average we got 1 legendary item every 13 goblins.

Wait????? Are you telling me, that Goblins can drop legendaries?

I'm P142 currently, and to date, I have never ever had a legendary drop from a Goblin..

I don't know how many Goblins I have killed, but a guess would be 1500-2000 Goblins @70 on T1 or higher, and there have never been a single drop, not even a single legendary Black Smith plan.

Granted, I don't spec into magic-find, but 1:13 to 0:2000 is not a matter of Magic Find..
    Quote from FuxieDK

Yeah, although I was aware gobs can drop legs, I was really surprised at the droprates he found. I have seen two or maybe three legs from gobs since RoS release, and yeah that implies several hundred goblins, if not a thousand, in that time...

I guess it's partly the drop increases they've implemented recently (incl anniversary buff made permanent), plus the fact I didn't run higher than T1 for a long time.
    Last edited by Harrumph: 6/9/2014 7:29:30 AM
    Quote from Philippos

Or maybe he's porting around to the same boring areas looking for T3 goblins which is not only repetitive but gets him nowhere in the game and wastes time, if the OP took my suggestions he would benefit in game and probably in real life as well. The power of the advanced characters in T6 play make it so any player properly geared 150+ can play it. Next.

Of course, we should let people do what they want within the confines of legality and communal respect. So if somebody wants to smoke cigarettes and kill themself, so be it. If somebody wants to Checkpoint repeatedly for Single Mob farm at a rate that will gimp your character and leave you extremely weak relative to the rest of the game, so be it.

Dude, you're such a tool. Nobody cares about your l337 opinion. He's doing something people like, he probably enjoys it. You're like a child saying "Why would you ever walk when you can drive a car!?"
    Last edited by PaulAcid: 6/9/2014 8:20:29 AM
    Quote from Harrumph

Quote from FuxieDK

Yeah, although I was aware gobs can drop legs, I was really surprised at the droprates he found. I have seen two or maybe three legs from gobs since RoS release, and yeah that implies several hundred goblins, if not a thousand, in that time...

I guess it's partly the drop increases they've implemented recently (incl anniversary buff made permanent), plus the fact I didn't run higher than T1 for a long time.

I wasn't speaking of legendary legs drops, I was speaking of legendary drop IN GENERAL.

As said, in 1500-2000 Goblins, not a single legendary drop.. No greens, no oranges, no blacksmith plans, NOTHING...
    RE: Phillippos. Are you thick? Just not right in the head? He's not doing it to show that it's the best or worst way to do things in the game. Holy crap, man.
    Last edited by Morillus: 6/9/2014 3:18:14 PM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes