Horadric Caches Legendary Drop Rates - 2.0.5 Edition

As you've already seen, today's patch brought some changes to Horadric Caches' loot: Legendary item chance now scales with difficulty. This calls for a new topic where we gather the information from our own experience with the Bounty rewards.

The old one is locked and finished, hopefully we'll have a way to compare the new results with the old ones soon, but the information we'll need this time around is one line longer:

• Difficulty: 
    • Horadric Caches Opened: 
    • Number of 'Normal' Legendaries: 
    • Number of Torment-Only Legendaries: 

Regarding the last two bullet points, if you're not sure whether you legendaries are Torment-only, list their names and I'll check :)

As usual, thank you A LOT for helping out with our community initiatives and LITERALLY every contribution to this thread matters for the results ^^

[08/03] UPDATED up to post #223 (including)

Difficulty Caches Opened 'Normal' Legendaries Torment-Only Legendaries (Summarized) Chance
    Sub-Torment 3689 313   313 08.48%
    Torment I 505 56   56 11.09%
    Torment II 920 73 2 75 08.15%
    Torment III 497 69 10 79 15.90%
    Torment IV 440 54 8 62 14.09%
    Torment V 77 13  4 17 22.08%
    Torment VI 503 75  1 76 15.11%
    Last edited by Angzt: 8/3/2014 3:38:28 PM
    the legendary that i got was the mad monarch's scepter
    Last edited by SynthRetro: 5/13/2014 6:53:45 PM
    • Difficulty: Torment III
    • Horadric Caches Opened: 6
    • Number of Legendaries: 0
    • Difficulty: Torment II
    • Horadric Caches Opened: 10
    • Number of Legendaries: 0
    I'll be doing torment VI bounties once europe server is back up , I'll report back here after doing a few !
    so lucky today, got a beautiful rorg!!!
    torment 6

caches opened. 23

legendaries : 0

torment only? 0

yay go me
    torment 5

caches opened. 1

legendaries : 1

torment only? 0
    Normal

Caches opened: 8

Legendaries: 2

torment only: 0

------------------------------

Torment 1

Caches opened: 1

Legendaries: 1

Quote from AlvisOFFICIAL
    Normal

Torment 1

i quoted this to notify everybody who probably didnt read the patch notes properly the torment only legenderies from horadric caches is from Torment 2 difficulty so dont try to farm it on torment one it wont work
    Torment 2

Caches opened: 12

Torment only : 0
    Quote from Overblaze
    Quote from AlvisOFFICIAL

Normal

Torment 1

i quoted this to notify everybody who probably didnt read the patch notes properly the torment only legenderies from horadric caches is from Torment 2 difficulty so dont try to farm it on torment one it wont work

Quoted to notify everybody that this is wrong as well :P

1. You can get Torment only legendaries from caches on T1+

• So caches have torment only items in them or not?
    • Horadric Caches obtained in Torment I+ have a chance to drop Torment restricted items.

2. The chance to get a legendary item (any legendary) out of a cache is increased on T2+

Horadric Caches

• Now have an increased chance to drop Legendary items on Torment II - VI

Last edited by Nightgloom: 5/14/2014 12:44:34 AM
    Quote from JustTryAnother
      • Number of Torment-Only-Legendaries

Ok, I don't really get this one. I know what Torment-Only-Legendaries (TOL) are. I know that they did drop before in Horadric caches (I got Akkhans helmet i.e., not sure if that was a bug, since some guys in various chat mentioned that.

But the Patch notes don't say that there are TOL in those Caches now. It just says, that the drop chance of Legendaries is increased. So why are people searching for them now? Because of this above mentioned bug?

I would appreciate clarification :)

edit: I just read the Bluepost saying: "Horadric Caches obtained in Torment I+ have a chance to drop Torment restricted items." For me that doesn't sound like, that it would be new, but that the just mentioned "bug" was not a bug, but intended. So I think we won't see that many TOL dropping out of those Caches. But we will see and I am very curious ;)
    Last edited by Thoruneya: 5/14/2014 12:52:00 AM
    they way they wrote it in the patch is very confusing so alright here is the situation

Horadric caches obtained in torment 1-6 can drop torment only legenderies , like: classic specified sets :akkhan zunnima earthen etc

from torment 2 and above the chance to gain those legenderies is increased
    Last edited by Overblaze: 5/14/2014 12:59:28 AM
    Quote from Overblaze
    they way they wrote it in the patch is very confusing so alright here is the situation

Horadric caches obtained in torment 1-6 can drop torment only legenderies , like: classic specified sets :akkhan zunnima earthen etc

from torment 2 and above the chance to gain those legenderies is increased

Correct, but to clarify, the chance to get ANY legendary from horadric caches on t2-6 increases by torment level. it dosen't apply to just torment only items.
    Well guys, for me the patch notes still don't say, that the Caches drop Torment Only Legendaries from now on. I still don't get, where you read that (besides the bluepost, that says, that they can drop. But that is imo not related to the patch, as there were TOL in Caches before (but very very rare))
    Nope they were not. It was clarified by a blue that some "TOL" that were dropping in cache were in fact "NOT TOL" and labeled TOL as a mistake.
    Quote from pkpkpls
    Nope they were not. It was clarified by a blue that some "TOL" that were dropping in cache were in fact "NOT TOL" and labeled TOL as a mistake.

I definitely had a akkhans set piece in my 2.0.4 horadric Cache, which is a Torment-Only-Legendary (TOL). It seems that there is still a bit of confusion about this. But whatever, we will see what the statistics of this wonderfull thread will tell us :)
    Q: Did someone try to farm caches on T2/T1 and open them on T6 ? Any change ? Are the contents of the cache pre-determined on cache award or are they done when the cache is opened, according to difficulty.
    Torment 4

Caches opened: 2

Legendaries: 0

Torment only : 0
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes