[Guide]Xp Farming without the need of good gear

Tx a million for this. This actually works quite good.
    Quote from Furyio

The only reason this will be nerfed soon, as per your last line, is because of people like you fishing for youtube subs and clicks by sharing this stuff.

This has been active for some time since release and being used by many as a safe and reliable way to boost alts, as the attention has been elsewhere.

Thanks a million for bringing it to blizzards attention for an inevitable nerf. There is nothing more infuriating then having someone spill the beans on stuff like this, that is a massive help to boost characters rather then slogging through the campagin for the umpteenth time.

Have a think about the thousands of players your selling out for a few youtube pennies before you announce this stuff to the general public....

Im sorry that you feel that way but first of all im not "fishing for youtube subs and clicks" My channel for the past month has been focused on Diablo and my subs want to see Diablo content. I think im helping people with these guides and when they do occasionally turn out to be bugs im also helping Blizzard fix the game. The game wasnt intended to be played like this. Also how can i help those thousands of players if i dont share the method? Say i dont make a video about it and just post it as a text guide (which i also did) do you think Blizzard arent scanning forums for bugs like this?
    Again im sorry if i in anyway ruined your gaming experience with Diablo.
    Works well on barb with harpoon rune

Quote from undefined »

Quote from vizizu
    Quote from Furyio

The only reason this will be nerfed soon, as per your last line, is because of people like you fishing for youtube subs and clicks by sharing this stuff.

This has been active for some time since release and being used by many as a safe and reliable way to boost alts, as the attention has been elsewhere.

Thanks a million for bringing it to blizzards attention for an inevitable nerf. There is nothing more infuriating then having someone spill the beans on stuff like this, that is a massive help to boost characters rather then slogging through the campagin for the umpteenth time.

Have a think about the thousands of players your selling out for a few youtube pennies before you announce this stuff to the general public....

Im sorry that you feel that way but first of all im not "fishing for youtube subs and clicks" My channel for the past month has been focused on Diablo and my subs want to see Diablo content. I think im helping people with these guides and when they do occasionally turn out to be bugs im also helping Blizzard fix the game. The game wasnt intended to be played like this. Also how can i help those thousands of players if i dont share the method? Say i dont make a video about it and just post it as a text guide (which i also did) do you think Blizzard arent scanning forums for bugs like this?
    Again im sorry if i in anyway ruined your gaming experience with Diablo.

In fairness I owe you an apology, my post was unnecessarily aggressive, first post on the web for the day :)

I do however get annoyed when there is a little niche that can provide a benefit with "exploiting" the game, that quickens the process of levelling alts. Unfortunately at this point I'm a little burnt out levelling characters, and like to find quicker methods. And when I do ( finding this a while ago) I keep it to myself, maybe a few friends.

As someone playing Blizzard games since Warcraft, and World of Warcraft since Alpha, I can assure you Blizzard are extremely active in monitoring community forums aswell as their own. They keep a finger on the pulse and formulate data and opinions into data and information that get's discussion time within the company. I also know this from a WoW buddy who happens to work for them. There have been numerous WoW levelling exploits and bugs for example, and even ones that were kept relatively hush hush to certain forums, but still wind got to blizzard for them to fix. So the notion they wouldn't be taking notice of a exploit posted on this website or youtube, is incorrect. Especially considering this site is probably the main resource for the community, Blizzard definitly keep an eye here, as they do with the relative sites for World of Warcraft.

Look at the end of the day it's no biggy, I'm just miffed because it probably will be fixed shortly, and it was the best method I'd found to level with the time required. And saying your fishing for clicks was harsh, obviously you make Diablo content and this content people are going to want to know, but at the same time its that sort of "bringing the tricks to the masses" that also happens in games with gold economy, like say WoW, where there is something that has been discovered and is in everyones benefit for it to be kept on the QT, but when it get's released to the masses, it most likely will be addressed sooner rather then later and the benefit to all is removed.

Anyway just wanted to clarify my post as it was brash, and I'm sure I'll check out your content on youtube as I'm always interested in D3 content :)
    Last edited by Furyio: 4/18/2014 8:25:27 AM
    Quote from Noxvento »
    I made level 69 to 70 in about 14 minutes.

It's easy as Monk, kill 2 of them at normal, swap to T6, use Cyclone Strike with Imploson a few times to pull her into town.

How was it for a survival (Hardcore) POV?

I'm gonna agree with Furyio on this. This is a well known method for experience and leveling, and has been around for quite some time. My real issue is that you somehow feel like you discovered this, when you're using the EXACT method explained a month earlier on another website that is well known for posting exploits.

If you wanna post the method, fine. If you want to get big numbers on youtube, fine. But taking credit for something that has been well known, just tacky.

On a side note, I've discovered the world is actually round,discovered penicillin, and invented electricity.. Praise me!
    The Earth isn't round; It's not even a perfectly oblate spheroid! :o
    I used this method today to level a DH from 60 to 70. Works very well although can obviously get repetitive.

Tips:

• Not really hardcore safe - even with lots of paragon points and some fancy gear there is a good chance to be one shot. HC peeps be careful!
    • The trick to lure the mother down is to use a ranged attack and shoot/fire at her from just about max distance. She should be at or just past the edge of your screen. She will only move when you have her aggro and are out of range of her poison spit attack.
    • If Captain Rumford pinches her to a wall and she won't move - just leave the game and re-join and try again. Most of the time this won't happen but it can take quite a bit of maneuvering to get her unstuck and it just isn't worth the time.
    • When OP says repeat, he means all the steps. Create game on normal, clear 2 mothers, create game on T6 resume and win.
    • Took me just under 2 min per "run" and about 35 total runs to get 60-70.
    • XP Gem and Hellfire ring don't help much, but if you have them use them.
    Cheers!
    Last edited by mikehilly: 4/18/2014 10:32:09 AM
    This works well, but capt. Rumford always intercepts and I have to kill the wretched mother manually.

Using my level 30 WD. Any advice to speed this up?

Yeah, cannot get the WM to come to town.
    Last edited by tdevine21: 4/18/2014 11:03:44 AM
    Quote from tdevine21

This works well, but capt. Rumford always intercepts and I have to kill the wretched mother manually.

Using my level 30 WD. Any advice to speed this up?

Your initial attack on the wretched mother should be from max range and behind Capt Rumford. Drop anything that slows enemies - also if you have any pets out they would slow her down. I would use poison dart and no pets. The rest up to you making sure no slow/freeze/snare effects in play.

Aggro her from max range, she spits out the add, then starts moving. If you get time it right she will keep moving past Capt Rumford and follow you. Also move her south all the way to be even with the door and then over. Kind of like two straight lines. Trying to have her "turn the corner" never works well.
    Going to give it a try right now.

Thank you, Mikehilly!

Cannot get it to work. Going to try with a crusader.

Also did not work with a crusader. WM just stops and does not go into the town or is intercepted my Capt. Rummford.
    Last edited by tdevine21: 4/18/2014 11:36:44 AM
    Quote from tdevine21

Going to give it a try right now.

Thank you, Mikehilly!

Cannot get it to work. Going to try with a crusader.

Also did not work with a crusader. WM just stops and does not go into the town or is intercepted my Capt. Rummford.

its really tricky im sorry that you cant do it but then again it was never meant to be done like that xD
    What do you mean?

By a lower level character?
    Quote from tdevine21

What do you mean?

By a lower level character?

No i was talking about luring her into town and letting the game kill her instantly.
    Hello there. Wanna start by saying thanks for the amazing method of levelling. It took me about 40 minutes(Also used a royal ruby on helmet, may not be that significant) to level from 63 to 70 with a monk. Obviously monks are superb in this way because they have excellent mobility as well as a method to pull stuff. Never died once. The build used washttp://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WcfPdk!bcZ!aZZaaY. Used a 2H to avoid going out of spirit when using tailwind and used epiphany when pulling the mother in T6 for survival and when going out of spirit to reboost. The runs took in between 1:35-2:00 minutes with the average around 1:45. I used a stopwatch so the values are exact.

Overall it was quite the good experience. Was getting bored near the end but kept going. I dont think I have the patience to try this on a class that cannot pull mobs however.

Edit: Just decided to try this on my lvl 2 barb (LOL). the first try I level from 4 to 7 and from 7 to 9. You actually dont need any ranged attacks. Just engage the WM and stay at max range. Since the range of her spit attack is lower she starts chasing you. Just make sure you make a wide arc, first move her downwards quite a bit then inside the gate. This way she doesnt get stuck. Obviously this takes longer time but is still working.

Note to the HC guys: I have noticed that WM spit attack hits like a wet noodle. But the melee of the zombie spawned always took about 30-50% of my HP. So make sure you dont get attacked by the zombie and you should be safe in my experience. At least the WM never endagered my life.
    Last edited by Hayvanadam: 4/18/2014 1:30:06 PM
    on hc i'd just say be prepared, after changing ma spec to the more survivable style it was easy and never saw my life drop, but i did die once or twice to start with since i'd just woken up and hadn't swapped spec.

serenity for the initial few seconds, thencyclone strike - implosion for moving her, epiphany - desert shroud for when serenity drops and to gather the last little spirit needed, and done. since no damage is needed i bagged for using a shield, and there's plenty of room to have near death experience next to ur defensive talents if ya want. i personally thought pets and such got in the way. i think i never had a problem with the captain because i always dashed right past him.

as aboveliterallytakes less than a few minutes.
    I figured it out. I had to take a wider LOS for her to kite into the camp.

Working great now!
    Quote from Syldra
    Quote from Noxvento

I made level 69 to 70 in about 14 minutes.

It's easy as Monk, kill 2 of them at normal, swap to T6, use Cyclone Strike with Imploson a few times to pull her into town.

How was it for a survival (Hardcore) POV?

Would'nt do it on Hardcore. Got killed a few times, but it was mostly my bad play. It's doable, but risky.
    Ive tried this a few times, when i re enter the game, it shows 3/3 wretched mothers have been killed, guess it doesnt work anymore ?
    Quote from Evljester

Ive tried this a few times, when i re enter the game, it shows 3/3 wretched mothers have been killed, guess it doesnt work anymore ?

Hey ! I wasnt clear enough. You need to restart the whole quest. Start from Rumford at the gate again. When you complete it once and exit the game go to game settings and change it back to the previous quest!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes