[Guide]Xp Farming without the need of good gear

UPDATE: People are reporting that this is hotfixed on US. EU still stays strong for now
    Hey guys in this thread i will share with you a method i recently discovered which you can use to powerlevel your alts. Its perfect for low geared characters because it doesnt require you to kill anyone on Torment 6 and is easy and fast to do(by fast i mean you dont need to refresh the game 30 times to wait for a certain rare bounty to spawn)

Here is a video on how to do this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyXo0OeCwXM

If you dont want to watch the video read below:

Steps to complete this route:
    1. Set game to Campaign mode and select the quest "Rumford at the Gate" ACT I
    2. Make the difficulty to Normal if you have no gear whatsoever. Doesnt matter what difficulty you choose here just pick the easiest one for you.
    3. Go outside to Rumford and start the quest.
    4. Kill the first wretched mother to get the Bonus to the quest. The Bonus is to kill 3 Wretched Mothers.
    5. Proceed and kill 2 of the 3 mothers. After you have killed the 2nd one teleport to town and exit the game
    6. Before you resume the game change difficulty to Torment 6 and then click Resume game
    7.The quest will remain the same. It will say you have killed 2 out of 3 mothers. Go outside of town and right next to the gate there will be a Wretched Mother.
    8. Lure her into the town by hitting her with ranged attacks. Once she steps inside the town she is instantly killed and you are granted ~10,000,000 XP at level 60 and 80k gold.
    9. Repeat
    10. Get bored of Diablo and go cook a cake!

P.S. KEEP IN MIND THIS WILL PROBABLY GET NERFED SOON.
    Last edited by vizizu: 4/20/2014 1:15:56 AM
    About how long did it take to go from 60 to 70 doing this method? I was doing the Act 3 Tower Quest but I died quite a bit and it took some time just getting the quest to spawn.
    I farmed some pool of reflections after this video and 60-70 was i think about 3 hours maybe 3 and a half
    Works great! Thanks
    The mother doesn't follow you back in town, it always gets stuck in the captain's way.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
    Quote from Jack00

The mother doesn't follow you back in town, it always gets stuck in the captain's way.

Happened to me a couple of times you need to move her around but eventually she does go into the town. With a little practice you can do it really quick
    it seems its crucial that u go back to town before you exit the game if you dont do that it doesnt work
    Seems interesting to say the least. Might check it out for a run or so. If it is fun, I shall commence operation power level!. If not, I will just continue rifting or completing bounties.
    Last edited by NCSledge: 4/16/2014 2:23:23 AM
    ~NCSledge
    Hi, I tried it but the quest will be completed after killing the wretched queen. killed 3 wretched mothers but no experience.

greetings,

Bitfrotter
    Quote from Bitfrotter

Hi, I tried it but the quest will be completed after killing the wretched queen. killed 3 wretched mothers but no experience.

greetings,

Bitfrotter

you get the experience its just not shown on the chatlog
    I made level 69 to 70 in about 14 minutes.

It's easy as Monk, kill 2 of them at normal, swap to T6, use Cyclone Strike with Imploson a few times to pull her into town.
    Honestly you could probably just run around Westmarch Commons/Heights doing the events on a difficulty you can handle and level just as fast if not faster, in addition to getting a large amount of loot since there's resplendent chests after half the events.
    Nerfed.. I tried it with me DH lvl 4 Normal and then T6 leveled me up from 4 to lvl 7.. :( I guess im too late
    Quote from Mr.Mojo

Nerfed.. I tried it with me DH lvl 4 Normal and then T6 leveled me up from 4 to lvl 7.. :( I guess im too late

Quote from Mr.Mojo

Exp scales... you get 10 mille when ypu are lvl 60
    Yeah, still working. Took me a few runs to figure out how to lure her properly.
    I will try this out after the server maintenance, hope it is not nerfed. Anyone have any idea how much XP is gained on lvl 70? Is it worth farming XP to increase paragon lvl?
    Quote from Sursum86

I will try this out after the server maintenance, hope it is not nerfed. Anyone have any idea how much XP is gained on lvl 70? Is it worth farming XP to increase paragon lvl?

Paragon level no, not really. It gives roughly 14 mil xp on level 70. If you can do rifts i suggest do them instead. This is mostly oriented towards lower level characters
    my 70, my game, in a party with a level 10 alt of a friend who stayed in town. i bag 14.5 mill xp, and the alt got 2 full levels. not too shabby for a few mins. be sure if doing it in a party to have the owner of the game save leave last otherwise the quest resets, other than that nice and simple.

edit: just timed myself not particularly rushing and using my all out defence build/gear for the whole thing so slow run speed, and still took less than 5 minutes.

edit 2: oh and if it helps anyone figuring out the xp gain the above 14.5 mill is on my lvl 70monklvl 75 paragon, with 1,810.7% bonus xp on T6.

edit 3: added bonus, found some ascended white items i wanted.
    Last edited by mturf: 4/18/2014 4:12:46 AM
    The only reason this will be nerfed soon, as per your last line, is because of people like you fishing for youtube subs and clicks by sharing this stuff.

This has been active for some time since release and being used by many as a safe and reliable way to boost alts, as the attention has been elsewhere.

Thanks a million for bringing it to blizzards attention for an inevitable nerf. There is nothing more infuriating then having someone spill the beans on stuff like this, that is a massive help to boost characters rather then slogging through the campagin for the umpteenth time.

Have a think about the thousands of players your selling out for a few youtube pennies before you announce this stuff to the general public....
    Quote from Furyio

Thanks a million for bringing it to blizzards attention for an inevitable nerf. There is nothing more infuriating then having someone spill the beans on stuff like this, that is a massive help to boost characters rather then slogging through the campagin for the umpteenth time.

Thanks a million for bringing it to blizzards attention for an inevitable nerf. If the only way to get bugs like this fixed is for someone to trumpet them from the rooftops on YouTube, then I salute you sir, for pressuring Blizzard to act.

p.s. Furyio, you are aware that one of the features added in RoS is a thing called "Adventure Mode", which means you don't need to "slog through the campagin for the umpteenth time" ever again?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes