[Guide] Legendary Crafting Materials - Drop locations & uses

• Where to farm: Testing needed: Manglemaw is found in the crypt where Leoric's Crown is, the Stranger in Need Event is right below the exit to the Highlands Passage.

Its 100% correct, you can even farm it from him very fast if you save the checkpoint behind him and resume the game, we got around 12 in a 2 Player Party on T6 in under 40 min this night

EDIT: If anyone knows where to get Reaper's Fearfrom, please let us know
    Last edited by ayu2134: 3/25/2014 9:53:03 AM
    it dropped for me from Maltheal with the plans:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/vooya-2495/hero/38244466
    Last edited by vooyaspl: 3/25/2014 10:05:30 AM
    Quote from Lesnid

Korchoroth droped Skelon's Dice on t1 ) So i need plan now xD
    add:Reaper's Wrapsplan from Malthael

Quote from bigbad

First Maltheal kill on t1 dropped me the plans and reaper's fear. It's 5 properties.

Quote from doomakos

I can confirm reapers fear and reaper wrap recipe droped from malthael

Quote from Slajmon

Angelic Shard dropped from Pyres the Damned (puprle) . ACT IV bounty mission - SIlver spire level 1

Thanks to all of you.

Fixed Skelon's Dice's name typo.
    Added confirmed location for Reaper's Fear and added a note for the plans as well as the confirmed stats.
    Added Pyres the Damned as a location for Angelic Shard.
    Reformatted this changelog.

Should I get people to confirm every single drop location again? After all, the data in the guide is from the Beta...
    Last edited by Angzt: 3/25/2014 4:12:02 PM
    Quote from bigbad

What's up with the white items needed to craft legendaries? Any decent way to get them?

First Maltheal kill on t1 dropped me the plans and reaper's fear. It's 5 properties.

I second this. Whats the deal with these white items after we already have to farm a purple boss... We actually have to check every white item we come across and just pray?
    Last edited by Xalyx: 3/25/2014 6:00:54 PM
    My girlfriend had a Mystic Source drop off of Nightmarity in Ponyland, not Midnight Sparkle as indicated here. It's probably both of them, if not more.
    The only reliable way of getting the bracers is in Act 1 Fields of Misery. Adenah the Curio is a very rare spawn there, and she sells the white bracers you need. (If you see the Forsaken Grounds apparently she doesn't have a chance of spawning. (Ignore this i've just found her and she doesn't sell the bracers she sells the crown and pauldrons)
    Last edited by Release: 3/25/2014 7:49:58 PM
    Urn of Quickening confirmed to drop from Malthael, got it twice on Torment 1
    Glowing Ore dropped from Sartor, in Battlefields of Eternity while doing a bounty on him
    Haven't read through all the replies but just wanted to let people know that I got the Glowing Ore for the Cosmic Strand legendary source while playing through Act V (Torment I), in the Battlefields of Eternity while looking for the battering ram runes. Off a super unique I believe.
    I do not know if this question has been raised so far, but ...

On what difficulty we must be to get those crafting materials?
    Forget my bad grammar English is not my native language.
    Grisworld's Scribblingsdropped for me lvl62 in ACT V from a regular chest.
    Last edited by alparaiso: 3/26/2014 1:19:41 AM
    Quote from Kryztalsong

My girlfriend had a Mystic Source drop off of Nightmarity in Ponyland, not Midnight Sparkle as indicated here. It's probably both of them, if not more.

Quote from m4DN3ss

Urn of Quickening confirmed to drop from Malthael, got it twice on Torment 1

Quote from Djozeka

Glowing Ore dropped from Sartor, in Battlefields of Eternity while doing a bounty on him

Thank you guys.

Quote from Imedge666

They seem to be dropping on any difficulty as confirmed by multiple drops on Normal to Torment by people in this thread.

Added Nightmarity as a location for Mystical Source.
    Added Malthael as a location for Urn of Quickening.
    Added Sartor as a location for Glowing Ore.
    I just want to provide an update for the location of Shimmering Quill (Unbound Bolt mat). It drops from Sarkoth, which spawns in the dank cellar (not dark) on Old Tristram Road. The spawn rate of this mob is approximately 10-20% from my experience.
    I have been trying to farm Born's Key at Cemetary of the Forsaken (Lucious the Depraved, rare spawn) but the mob spawns 1/40 runs and the drop isn't even guaranteed.

Is anyone here aware of a better area or a certain mob-type to farm to get this?

So thanks in advance!
    can someone confirm that u have do to at least Torment 1 to get reapers fear from Malthael? i did him couple of times on master but didn't drop..
    Last edited by Ricooze: 3/26/2014 3:31:17 AM
    Not sure if this was posted already but I received a Shimmering Quill from a Quilback in Act 1. I believe it was the Quillback that takes all the treasure from the chest in the basement right before the path that leads directly to Old Tristam.
    Quote from Angzt

They seem to be dropping on any difficulty as confirmed by multiple drops on Normal to Torment by people in this thread.

I don't know about other difficulties, but the mystic source is NOT a 100% drop rate on Normal. Killed both Nightmarity and Midnight sparkle and did not get a drop.
    Edit: Just killed Nightmarity on Torment 1 - No drop. This may take a while.
    Last edited by Hensh: 3/26/2014 5:57:52 AM
    I found an angelic shard when I killed Celik in the pandemonium fortress level 2
    Shimmering Quilldrops from Thornback purple quill guy in Keep depths level 1 , act 3.
    Quote from Hensh
    Quote from Angzt

I don't know about other difficulties, but the mystic source is NOT a 100% drop rate on Normal. Killed both Nightmarity and Midnight sparkle and did not get a drop.

There is no 100% dropchance in diablo anymore :) been trying to farm borns key and the item for aughilds set (both cemetry) but no luck till now on t1 ;(
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes