New Josh Mosqueira Tease

As someone who doesn't have alot of time to play, I would feel cheated out of the advantage of a ladder mode which would give you better items then non ladder chars mode.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
    Quote from Bleu42

Difficulty. Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm going off of memory, but as I recall, monster difficulty was increased slightly in ladder, just because =D

I don't think it was.
    I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Time2Kill-1230/hero/23330792
    if there is going to be a ladder. they should scrap para lvls and set max lvl at 90
    I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Time2Kill-1230/hero/23330792
    Also wasn't uber tristram or diablo clone only on LD? I think one of this event was ladder exclusive.
    Wall oof bones = pvp

ladder = ladder

and it will come together with the second expansion
    Quote from IgnatiusReilly

I think a good way to do ladder exclusive items, is to introduce the items for the season, and then when the season is over, add them to the base game. That way you still have incentive to join the ladder and go after them, but people who have no interest in ladders, could just wait a bit, and get the same access.

Nevermind any idea I had before. Do this!
    Quote from Bullkathos1928

Wall oof bones = pvp

ladder = ladder

and it will come together with the second expansion

Wall of bones is an item
    Quote from Jack00

As someone who doesn't have alot of time to play, I would feel cheated out of the advantage of a ladder mode which would give you better items then non ladder chars mode.

I'm on the fence between ladder exclusive items and not having them, and because I'm on the fence my feelers won't get too hurt either way. That said, I think the crowd for exclusive items would argue back that the items don't have to be more powerful, just different, and that you wouldn't really be cheated out of anything, since everyone has access to ladders. That's like saying there shouldn't be torment + only legendaries, because someone who doesn't want to play torment and only expert mode would 'feel cheated'.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    This game has been too kind to casuals for way too long. Give ladders with exclusive items and watch the fan-base grow with lots of "high-profile" players streaming.

Hell, was about time
    Last edited by Lefto: 3/14/2014 1:19:59 PM
    Really looking forward for the missing Ladder System :D
    www.twitch.tv/desolacer

Season 1 (PTR) Hardcore
    3 World First Conquests

Season 2 (PTR) Hardcore
    2 World First Conquests

Season 3 (PTR) Hardcore
    1 World First Conquest (Maltheal Torment 6 Hardcore)
    Quote from Lefto

This game has been too kind to casuals for way too long. Give ladders with exclusive items and watch the fan-base grow with lots of "high-profile" players streaming.

Hell, was about time

Quote fromLeftoยป

Hell, was about time

I'm not advocating one way or another, but I would be interested in the following information from Blizzard.

Diablo 2
    Min, Max, and Average playtime per week
    Min, Max, and Average playtime to max level
    % of players that participated in ladders (I want to say that I read/heard somewhere that Josh said this was around 10% of the player base.)

Diablo 3
    Min, Max, and Average playtime per week
    Min, Max, and Average playtime to lv60, 70, P100, P200, P300, etc.

Regardless, I would be glad to see ladders released so people can focus on asking for other features in the game.

Also, Zero, if they do release ladders, can you guys here at DiabloFans create a new section in the forums just for those discussions? :)
    This is the type of mentality that makes me laugh. People bitched about dailies in WoW for the same reason. its all voluntary people. What someone else has in the game doesn't affect you in the slightest bit, and they've pretty much cemented that with BoA , no AH, and practically no trading. I'll never understand how people can be so self centered around a video game, what someone else does, has, is, does NOT affect you, your game play, your experience and it certainly shouldn't impact the fun you have.
    Quote from Bleu42
    Quote from DeAdLiNebg

Can someone explain how ladders work in D2, because I am not aware.

Every so often ( 6 months? Can't remember exactly ) Blizzard would reset the ladders, and start a new season. What you'd do is you would create a character, and just like hitting the hardcore checkbox in D3, you'd check off 'ladder' when creating your new character. What this did, at the start of every new season, is create a separate ladder community where everyone had to create new characters to play in, thus meaning they were starting off fresh, no gear, no gold and they can't interact with non ladder characters. It was a race to see who could get to level 99 the fastest (broken down class by class), and there were a few other distinctions between ladder and non ladder;

Ladder only items; Blizzard would create runeword items that could only be created in ladder. When the reset happens, your character that was in ladder was xfered to non ladder, but you got to keep all your items that you have earned, and you could trade these ladder only items off into non ladder.

Difficulty. Correct me if I'm wrong since I'm going off of memory, but as I recall, monster difficulty was increased slightly in ladder, just because =D

Thanks Bleu42. Well doesn't sound that bad to me.
    Quote from Thornagol

Regardless, I would be glad to see ladders released so people can focus on asking for other features in the game.

Me too. I hope they release ladders, so that more people start supporting us PvPers. I do not want Blizzard to get away with this. They baited with nice PvP, then they didn't deliver.
    Quote from DeAdLiNebg
    Quote from Bleu42
    Quote from DeAdLiNebg

Can someone explain how ladders work in D2, because I am not aware.

Every so often ( 6 months? Can't remember exactly ) Blizzard would reset the ladders, and start a new season. What you'd do is you would create a character, and just like hitting the hardcore checkbox in D3, you'd check off 'ladder' when creating your new character. What this did, at the start of every new season, is create a separate ladder community where everyone had to create new characters to play in, thus meaning they were starting off fresh, no gear, no gold and they can't interact with non ladder characters. It was a race to see who could get to level 99 the fastest (broken down class by class), and there were a few other distinctions between ladder and non ladder;

Ladder only items; Blizzard would create runeword items that could only be created in ladder. When the reset happens, your character that was in ladder was xfered to non ladder, but you got to keep all your items that you have earned, and you could trade these ladder only items off into non ladder.

Thanks Bleu42. Well doesn't sound that bad to me.

Np =) Yea ladders were a blast for sure
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from DeAdLiNebg
    Quote from Thornagol

Me too. I hope they release ladders, so that more people start supporting us PvPers. I do not want Blizzard to get away with this. They baited with nice PvP, then they didn't deliver.

what do ladders have to do with PvP? there weren't any pvp ladders, the only thing ladders tracked was experience gained
    Ladders don't make any sense in this game.... If they add this I may even stop playing after the first reset. There was a point of the ladders in Diablo 2, but here it will waste all of my experience, so no thanks.
    Quote from Vagrancy

This is the type of mentality that makes me laugh. People bitched about dailies in WoW for the same reason. its all voluntary people. What someone else has in the game doesn't affect you in the slightest bit, and they've pretty much cemented that with BoA , no AH, and practically no trading. I'll never understand how people can be so self centered around a video game, what someone else does, has, is, does NOT affect you, your game play, your experience and it certainly shouldn't impact the fun you have.

The problem that happened with dailies in WoW was that, for a long time before things like LFD/RF, it was the only way to advance gear for unlucky drops for people who had a hard time finding a group. So, to some they were mandatory. But, I did start to get aggravated with people who complained after those systems were released. Raid Finder and LFD did a lot to reduce the mandatory feel for daily quests.
    Quote from Rasako
    Quote from DeAdLiNebg
    Quote from Thornagol

what do ladders have to do with PvP? there weren't any pvp ladders, the only thing ladders tracked was experience gained

All i said was that people who wanted ladder, can get pleased and actually give some support for all of us people that want PvP in the game, since now the community is split between PvE and PvP. While the real problem is that Blizzard have a lot of wrongs to fix.
    Quote from Vyll

Oh god. Please give us ladders. I don't want to play within all those people sitting on PLVL 600+ with their Billions of Gold from AH :S

Billions of gold? That is basically useless now. Items purchased from there? Useless after RoS's release. I hope there is no ladders.... I hope.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes