Best way (in my experience) to farm legendaries Patch 2.0

Hello lads!

I've been testing a few places, and the one that takes the cake is def. The Core of Arreat! As seen on top players streams, it's really efficient!

Here's a video going over more details and showing off what I have found from just today's farming session:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EaBwOpDvyU
    Do you enjoy Diablo 3 RoS guides, builds and anything else related? Check out www.youtube.com/prozlex and be prepared to be showered in awesome Diablo 3 RoS vids! - Any feedback regarding my youtube is very welcome!
    I did a 1.5 hour run yesterday and tracked my stats;

T1. 1.5 hours. 50 runs. Only killing champs / goblins / azmodan, and opening and breaking everything. Each run would take on average 1 minute and 45 seconds.

Within those 50 runs, I gained 1.5 paragon levels (from 185 to 186), and got 4 legendaries. 1 from azmodan, 2 from chests and the 4th looked like it was from a chest, but couldn't quite tell.

The run is defiantly efficient, just boring as well. Thankfully I got to watch an entire playthrough from PBG, so yea, worth it.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    my personal way of doing it on a DH is get 270% + MF gear with alot of vit on it, go T6 and just rush throught everything and open chests. I usualy got from 4-7 legendaries / hour.
    Quote from Rhob

my personal way of doing it on a DH is get 270% + MF gear with alot of vit on it, go T6 and just rush throught everything and open chests. I usualy got from 4-7 legendaries / hour.

Does MF count for chests again? They removed that way back if I recall correctly
    Do you enjoy Diablo 3 RoS guides, builds and anything else related? Check out www.youtube.com/prozlex and be prepared to be showered in awesome Diablo 3 RoS vids! - Any feedback regarding my youtube is very welcome!
    tbh i don't know, if it's that big LOL....but the ideea is the same, T6 just open chests, i got tons of legendaries that way.
    Quote from Bleu42

T1. 1.5 hours. 50 runs. Only killing champs / goblins / azmodan, and opening and breaking everything. Each run would take on average 1 minute and 45 seconds.

Within those 50 runs, I gained 1.5 paragon levels (from 185 to 186), and got 4 legendaries. 1 from azmodan, 2 from chests and the 4th looked like it was from a chest, but couldn't quite tell.

The run is defiantly efficient, just boring as well. Thankfully I got to watch an entire playthrough from PBG, so yea, worth it.

I hate to be that guy, but since you use the word DEFINITELY in every single one of your posts and spell it wrong EVERY TIME! I just HAVE to say something after seeing it about 50+ times now
    Quote from Rasako
    Quote from Bleu42

I hate to be that guy, but since you use the word DEFINITELY in every single one of your posts and spell it wrong EVERY TIME! I just HAVE to say something after seeing it about 50+ times now

oh you xD
    The core of arreat can be good on any class, and you can even do it on lower difficulties. Make sure you set the quest to Kill Azmodon, that way you can have the portal each time you make the game.

Another route you could take is Rumford at the Gate quest in act 1. It also has alot of drop chances, guaranteed whites, and high goblin spawn rate. I know alot of people are tired of doing the core run, so this run can help break things up a bit. You start on Quest 1. Part 2. Rumford at the game, and restart the quest once you kill the wretched queen. Quest XP was nerfed for repeating quests, but the loot is still just as good everytime.

Also I do believe MF works still, but cannot confirm that it still works on chests, Act 1 run, is more mob killing, than chest opening anyways.

Here is a link to videos of both runs. Hope that helps break up the monotony of Core Arreat Runs a bit. Legendary Farming Videos
    Quote from Rasako
    Quote from Bleu42

lmfao, tyvm, I had never noticed before :doh:
    Last edited by Bleu42: 3/13/2014 2:53:35 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    but why do you need the checkpoint before azmo? since youre only doing core it doesnt matter if you go from start or end, does it?
    Because you can use the teleporter and save 5seconds...
    Quote from Kung

but why do you need the checkpoint before azmo? since youre only doing core it doesnt matter if you go from start or end, does it?

As Advanced said, it does run a bit faster, since the area around the Waypoint, is empty and without any chests, running it from the checkpoint, insures immediate action, thus faster results!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes