[Suggestion] I want some pet love in D3

Hi Diablo Fans,

i want to have a detailed tab for my pets (or pet considered skills - e.G. Sentry, Zombie Dogs, ...)

Why? To give every player a chance to get into pet builds without the needs of doing massive theory crafting and testing.

Example here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004045226?page=1

I've made some images to showcase how it can be implemented into the game.

Example on WD with Fetish Sycophants

Pet UI:

Pictures also available here: http://imgur.com/a/2vY6O

• a separate icon with the number of summoned sentries, fetishes, etc... (see picture/imgur gallery)
    • a separate tab with detailed information about the current active pet spells
    • you see every single pet spell you have with the chosen rune
    • you can click on them to get detailed stats like at the follower details we already have
    • In addition i want to have a vanity pet UI, to summon an active pet that follows you. All of the shown pets have been implemented/will be implemented or were implemented in the game. Back to Diablo 3 Vanilla F&F Beta.
    greets shoko

PS: I've posted this a while ago on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/1uwz9e/i_want_some_pet_love_in_d3/
    Nice UI improvement, even though I don't play the Witch Doctor.

+1
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    I think I'd be more interested in this feature if most pets weren't temporary.

Like, the Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan last until they die. Which is great. But unless you have the legendary that allows Fetishes to stay until they die (did I get that right? there's an item that does that, right?), why should things like Fetish Sycophants, Fetish Army, and other similar ones get a dedicated stat tab if they go away between 10 and 30? By the time you finish looking at the pet stat page, they're gone.

Don't get me wrong, though, I wholeheartedly agree that it'd be way cool to have more pet builds, and I'm confident that there is enough items in patch 2.0 and RoS to produce cool pet builds, even if you have to use Paragon Points, passive skills and Rare gear to reduce cooldowns and resource costs so you can keep recasting Fetish Army, that'd be pretty fun. I'd love to try that out, :-D

Though, I'm not sure a dedicated pet stat page is necessary considering most pets have a duration. Ya know?
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.

Quote from CardinalMDM

I think I'd be more interested in this feature if most pets weren't temporary.

Like, the Zombie Dogs and Gargantuan last until they die. Which is great. But unless you have the legendary that allows Fetishes to stay until they die (did I get that right? there's an item that does that, right?), why should things like Fetish Sycophants, Fetish Army, and other similar ones get a dedicated stat tab if they go away between 10 and 30? By the time you finish looking at the pet stat page, they're gone.

Don't get me wrong, though, I wholeheartedly agree that it'd be way cool to have more pet builds, and I'm confident that there is enough items in patch 2.0 and RoS to produce cool pet builds, even if you have to use Paragon Points, passive skills and Rare gear to reduce cooldowns and resource costs so you can keep recasting Fetish Army, that'd be pretty fun. I'd love to try that out, :-D

Though, I'm not sure a dedicated pet stat page is necessary considering most pets have a duration. Ya know?

So i personally want to see how much damage my pet skills do and how much defense they have.
    I also want to see how much they improve with my gear and what gear i have to choose without testing it on low damage mobs or something else.

It's all about the detailed information we will get from it.

Last edited by shokobanane: 1/29/2014 5:21:03 PM

Quote from Pietrak

Nice UI improvement, even though I don't play the Witch Doctor.

+1

I also consider other pet considered spells for it, not only the WD pets. They do benefit from the new Tasker and Theo Gloves effect (50% Pet attackspeed). I've made my example with witch doctor, because it's the easiest to show.

As far as i know there are the following skills:

Demon Hunter:

• Sentry
    • Companion
    Barbarian:

• Call of the Ancients
    Last edited by shokobanane: 1/29/2014 5:18:40 PM
    Whelp, I'd give you a +1, but apparently atm the site thinks I wrote this post, as I 'can't thank myself'.

But I'm all for this. Plus the vanity pet UI sold it for me, because I really want some vanity pets =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Whelp, I'd give you a +1, but apparently atm the site thinks I wrote this post, as I 'can't thank myself'.
    But I'm all for this. Plus the vanity pet UI sold it for me, because I really want some vanity pets =D

lol, do you realize how much screen clutter and framerate dropping that would cause? we're already on the fast track down the slippery slope to WoW as it is, no thanks

now COMBAT PETS that don't suck total balls would be nice
    Last edited by Rasako: 1/29/2014 10:46:35 PM
    Quote from Bleu42
    I really want some vanity pets =D

As much as I love pet collecting/battling/ogling in World of Warcraft, I do NOT think pets have any place in Diablo aside from summoned minions from WD, DH or any future classes. Even the non combat hound from the RoS Collector's Edition squicks me.

As for pet love, I think that the concept introduced by the thread author is interesting, I think having tabs that show specifics in the pet rune department would be cool. But I'm holding out hope that there will be a more pet oriented class introduced in the future (Druid and Necro come to mind) I don't believe that the WD was truly meant to be a summoner class and I don't think it would be as interesting to me if it became one (just my opinion)

HOWEVER, I am looking forward to the legendaries that add interesting and fun pet stuff for WD and DH, and the buffs coming for Demon Hunter pets so that they actually feel more useful/integrated.

If there was ever going to be a significant VISUAL change for pets, I wish they would scrap the WoW, reskinned limping wolf model for the DH pet and bring back some version of the D2 skeleton (or anything else really) so that I don't have to look at the worst animated wolf in history every time I feel like switching runes. The WoW boar bothers me too, but not as much. I love both games, but I want them to stay as separate as possible.

Quote from Rasako

Quote from Bleu42

Whelp, I'd give you a +1, but apparently atm the site thinks I wrote this post, as I 'can't thank myself'.But I'm all for this. Plus the vanity pet UI sold it for me, because I really want some vanity pets =D

lol, do you realize how much screen clutter and framerate dropping that would cause? we're already on the fast track down the slippery slope to WoW as it is, no thanksnow COMBAT PETS that don't suck total balls would be nice

Wait, you're telling me that having up to four possible non combat pets, who don't even have an AI besides following the player, would cause framerate issues?

You don't have to like NC pets, but don't lie through your teeth.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I'll just say it: please no vanity pets. I get confused enough trying to attack zombie dogs by mistake. More critters running around on the screen would just be annoying, regardless of framerate/performance issues.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes