This thread was Locked by Zero(pS).

RoS Beta It has a worse end-game than D3 Vanilla, loot 2.0 is a joke.

I still don't understand the thought process behind the cut of PvP, specially talking about arenas.

Because unless there was prescribed gear and builds it would be so unbalanced it would be laughable.

That's the whole point and you missed it. D3 needs to give people a reason to want to grind for better loot. "Oh, that guy 1-shot me in arena because his gear is so good, I should try getting that gear and I, too, can 1-shot people!".

Instead, it's "I'm going to grind gear to grind gear better". What?

Personally I would imagine it would go more like "WTF!!!! This is stupid!!! PvP is SHIT!!!!! THIS GAME IS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!"
    About the one-shot problem in PvP:

DPS = DPS / 5;

There you go, no more one shot, maybe they can lower your HP to, I don't know, 2/3 of your max HP per hit/skill, still plenty of time to run, heal, etc. What is it so hard about it?, am I missing something here?.

About the one-shot problem in PvP:

DPS = DPS / 5;

There you go, no more one shot, maybe they can lower your HP to, I don't know, 2/3 of your max HP per hit/skill, still plenty of time to run, heal, etc. What is it so hard about it?, am I missing something here?.

that is how pvpis now only it's not /5
    if it was /5 i would take ages to kill someone
    500k hp and 98% damge reduction from armor/AR +dodge, block average pvp char can have 20-30M ehp and 500k-1000k dps if u drop damage reduciton even more it only make game worse
    I hope Failzzord reads and implements content from posts like these every day. but they continue to failzord
    Why is people "pay to win" bother you? You just play by yourself anyway
    They just reduce drop rates again..... they really dont know what the hell they are doing anymore lol. Yes lets keep reducing the drops, when people are already complaining about the poor drops, in a game with no trading. How long til you find 1 item you were looking for... not pre ordering was the right call. Im just way too old to grind 1000 hours to get an item i want "mabye".

Theres a difference between the extreme of Pay to win and dude do this shit for 1000 hours and mabye youll find something you were looking for. I dont buy that it must be one or the other. They just dont want to bother making effort at this point.

They just reduce drop rates again..... they really dont know what the hell they are doing anymore lol. Yes lets keep reducing the drops, when people are already complaining about the poor drops, in a game with no trading. How long til you find 1 item you were looking for... not pre ordering was the right call. Im just way too old to grind 1000 hours to get an item i want "mabye".

Theres a difference between the extreme of Pay to win and dude do this shit for 1000 hours and mabye youll find something you were looking for. I dont buy that it must be one or the other. They just dont want to bother making effort at this point.

Yea, the world is just full of armchair developers like you guys, saying that Blizzard doesn't know what the hell they are doing / not bothering to make an effort. Just who are you guys to be making such claims? This is gonna sound old, but it is still true, "If you don't like it, don't play it", nobody really cares if you're too "old" to play a game you know?

Blue:

Let me clear this up a bit, because I think this is interpreting too much from an individual patch note.

The drop rate on specific Legendaries, ones with exceptionally powerful abilities, were lowered. The overall drop rate of Legendaries has stayed the same.

The reason for this is that Legendaries are now accessible through the Blood Shard vendor (purchases have a chance to give you a Legendary item). This is a pretty significant change, and we'd like to see how this interacts with drop rates and acquisition before we tweak numbers elsewhere.

Blue:

Let me clear this up a bit, because I think this is interpreting too much from an individual patch note.

The drop rate on specific Legendaries, ones with exceptionally powerful abilities, were lowered. The overall drop rate of Legendaries has stayed the same.

The reason for this is that Legendaries are now accessible through the Blood Shard vendor (purchases have a chance to give you a Legendary item). This is a pretty significant change, and we'd like to see how this interacts with drop rates and acquisition before we tweak numbers elsewhere.

So buy it or fuck off... Left out the part were blood shards are RoS only and torment only legendary cannot be gained by blood shards either. Still doesent remove the fact that drop rate are very, very low right now. With the amount of new unique legendary they are pumping out... how do people expect to get anything they want without making the game a full time job? They cant trade for it.

They dont seems to be able to plan thing ahead at all. These legendary promote "new builds" except, now that the beta doesent have inflated drop rates, you cant find them. If all you find make builds you "dont like" you are pretty much forced to play a build you dont like or be worse. You cannot trade it off for another legendary that would do something you liked. You have to be lucky to mabye find a single item to do a build that you might want to do.

This is not build diversity. This system works when you can trade, hey i found a very rare bow that does x to y spell. I dont like y spell, so ill trade it off for a bow that does something to w. There is no diversity in your build for RoS, you are bound to use the builds you found item for or suck it. Unless the drop rates are increased, i dont see any normal human sticking out this long. The beta current drops are as poor as vanilla D3. Most of my friend list vanished back to their Quakelive, Counter strike or hell D2, because they couldnt find shit. If they still cant find shit, i dont see who im gona play with.

Remember that Gamescon loot 2.0 where he found 6 legendary in a full act 3 clear.... haha such a lie. Finished a bunch of torment 3 full act 3. Found 2 legendary in 6 runs. Not even close. Why even promote it like that?
    Last edited by Decadaver: 1/16/2014 10:55:30 PM
    Blizzard can give me a free copy as reparations and I might consider playing it, but they aren't going to fool me out of my money twice.

Blizzard can give me a free copy as reparations and I might consider playing it, but they aren't going to fool me out of my money twice.

Nobody cares, really.

In general, people are so much spoiled. The end-game of Diablo is, and ever was, the item hunt. You hunt specific items to complete a specific build. If the drop rates will be high then you will find everything very fast and complain that there is nothing more to do. If the drop rates are low so you must invest more time into the hunt then you complain that the drop rates are low. Really, Blizzard shouldn't give a shit about comments like this and pursue their own vision altered only by constructive criticism and feedback.
    Last edited by Pietrak: 1/17/2014 7:05:51 AM
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Being locked for the same reason as the others. Again leon/dentacom/vesela(whoever_you_are), you have been pm'ed about this subject.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes