Give ladders or riot !!!

More ppl rejoin Here !

The ladder system will keep the game challenging.

This is so simple and easy to apply and make the game much much better and potential.
    Last edited by leon483: 1/7/2014 6:21:19 AM
    As much as I want ladder...I want a real post with a real reason why we need ladder.

What are we going to do anyways, raid Blizzard HQ? lol..
    pitchforks and torches people!
    Gotta love the level of humor on Twitch;)

I would quite like Ladders, just to keep everything fresh. Also because if you add Ladders back, you can add in "Ladder Only" loot, which can/should be stronger than traditional loot, because... Ladder.

That said... Blizz have already confirmed ladders haven't they? So it's not so much a case of "Add ladders or we'll riot lol" as it is a case of "Chill the fuck out, ladders will be here eventually"

Now Devil's Hand? THAT is an addition worth of rioting for!
    The point of the ladder resets (apart from the 0.1% that would race for first lv 99) in d2 was to reset the economy because the game eventually got to the point where everyone had everything and nothing was worth anything making it almost impossible to leap in half way through. D3 has no economy because of BoA, so unless ure part of that 0.1% what's the point of the ladder?
    I hate the idea of separating community with ladders, so the best way I think is the Hardcore only ladder. If a hc character dies, goes into the softcore.

Players in the top10 can duel each other, but they can refuse the duel request, but they will lose exactly that amount of xp which drops them to the 11th place on the hcladder.

Quote from Fitsu

The point of the ladder resets (apart from the 0.1% that would race for first lv 99) in d2 was to reset the economy because the game eventually got to the point where everyone had everything and nothing was worth anything making it almost impossible to leap in half way through. D3 has no economy because of BoA, so unless ure part of that 0.1% what's the point of the ladder?

Because even with a lack of economy you still eventually arrive at the point where everybody got everything and it's not worth to do anything. D3 needs a ladder just like D2 had.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    without ladders and without trading there wont be much community left.

Please don't rape the Caps key in titles.

Quote from Pietrak

Because even with a lack of economy you still eventually arrive at the point where everybody got everything and it's not worth to do anything. D3 needs a ladder just like D2 had.

I don't really get your point, like I said you can't trade so there would be no difference between a ladder reset and simply making a new character and starting from scratch.

Quote fromKingKongor»

This I agree with, the game is basically a single player game with forced online. I wont do random games cus 99% of ppl will either suck or be trolls and you'll just be forced to carry them, any multiplier action i'll do will just be with my friends so yeah the community for this game is pretty much dead but I fail to see how a ladder would change that.
    Last edited by Fitsu: 1/5/2014 12:14:22 PM

Quote from Fitsu

Quote from Pietrak

I don't really get your point, like I said you can't trade so there would be no difference between a ladder reset and simply making a new character and starting from scratch.

Quote fromKingKongor»

This I agree with, the game is basically a single player game with forced online. I wont do random games cus 99% of ppl will either suck or be trolls and you'll just be forced to carry them, any multiplier action i'll do will just be with my friends so yeah the community for this game is pretty much dead but I fail to see how a ladder would change that.

Because in theory you get more EXP and Loot in a group and thus want to find other potential good players which basically creates a community of competitive ladder players that race to the top. Without a ladder I won't care about my progress compared to others because it is nowhere listed anywhere.
    Why would u care about ure progress compared to others anyway? Unless ure like going for top 10 then does the fact ure rank x really make a difference in the game to you? O_O odd, well I guess to each there own but to me that's just weird :P and a game doesn't need a ladder in order to find good players...
    Last edited by Fitsu: 1/5/2014 1:14:20 PM
    Quote from TheWaldemar

Because in theory you get more EXP and Loot in a group and thus want to find other potential good players which basically creates a community of competitive ladder players that race to the top. Without a ladder I won't care about my progress compared to others because it is nowhere listed anywhere.

As if ladders are necessary for this. Ask people who was the first person to reach paragon 100. There was no official ladder, still everybody knew.
    Quote from Fitsu

Quote fromKingKongor»

And this is a major problem. Some very-vocal people went on and on about how trading ruined the "emotional value" of their legendaries. I can't even log into the PTR anymore because it *is* a fucking single-player game with battle.net chat enabled and quasi-LAN support. I'm glad that some people can feel warm and fuzzy about their orange lightshafts, but BoA + smart drops (god forbid I'm playing a WD and using a scoundrel.. god forbid) have basically made me ask why we even have online play.

Clans are such a great feature. Most of RoS is great. But the way they've managed to obliterate any sense of community, most social aspects, is a major turn-off for me. If I wanted a single-player game I could fire up Speulenky, Rogue Legacy, Metroid Prime, etc. D2 had a rich history of 8-player games on battle.net, and it's really sad to see D3 migrating towards solo play because some people get jealous if others "get ahead" because they traded.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    So, you guys think that ladder is the answer on having an end game, or do you just feel that ladder would be nice until we get end game?

End game means different things to people. To me it's about how to progress in the adventure with the best gear I found on my progress to get to "end game". I guess this means competition, and ladder is one thing. Other things can be done then just ladder and they know it.

I think that ladder will come, but with a overhaul, a .. what do you say? - A Blizz-twist.

I wouldn't worry too much people.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from Talyn_Rahl

That said... Blizz have already confirmed ladders haven't they?

No. Last I heard anyone from Bliz mention about ladders was Blizzcon Q&A where they said there were no plans for ladders at ROS release. If anyone has proof contrary I would love a link.
    Last edited by phoulmouth: 1/5/2014 2:13:39 PM

Quote from TheWaldemar

Quote from Fitsu

Quote from Pietrak

Quote fromKingKongor»

why should you care about your progress compared to other players? do you have a god complex or something? this game was never designed to be competitive, it was designed to be cooperative and should stay that way. As many posters have already stated, the D2 ladder was made to reset the economy so that the game could last for a really long time while blizzard left it to the wayside and never fixed any of the serious and glaring issues that the game had and still has today. Plus since we already know RoS is not the only expansion to come to D3 I'm sure a ladder is the least of our worries. We should be more worried about them putting in more innovative endgame things. Cursed chests were a great move on their part and the game needs more things like that. A ladder isn't going to fix the bland and unengaging endgame of Diablo.
    Last edited by Rasako: 1/5/2014 2:28:21 PM
    The RoS that was marketed in the Pre-Order press release has 0 endgame and will die in 3 months.

Therefore yes, ladders or riot !
    Last edited by WizArt: 1/5/2014 2:37:55 PM
    Well I think we want ladder since that qualifies as some form of content and RoS is in dire need of it. People got tired of the beta in just 3 weeks, isn't that supposed to ring any bells to Blizz?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes