Ros: New Monk Set Called Monkey King (collect parts here)

Poll: Are you going to make a build with this set after RoS released?

Are you going to make a build with this set after RoS released? - Multiple Choice

• Yes 54.5% of Users - 12 votes
  • No 45.5% of Users - 10 votes
    hey, just found a helm of the new monk set called Monkey King.
    pls post your Monkey King set items, wanna see and collect the rest.

Combat Staff means a monk-exclusive daibo? Or does it include ordinary 2h staffs like The Tormentor?
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Ya that's really weird. I've never seen Daibo referred to as Combat Staff in-game. Are they changing it or is that just a typo?

But, considering it's a monk set, I'd assume regular staffs wouldn't count.
    Anyone seen a diabo that matches a skorn yet?
    i have one of the perfect TR diablos if i can get logged in ill take a ss..

its 1400dps

TR cc raised 7 % i thinkg.

198 CD

ITs still equipped on my monk

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ashkore21-1211/hero/29026835

Last edited by ashkore21: 1/3/2014 3:49:49 PM

Quote from hotnspicy

Anyone seen a diabo that matches a skorn yet?

Vanilla itemisation lol.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    ugh...look at that dex/vit roll. If that was vanilla diablo 3 and those mainstats weren't inflated like hell. That item would suck hard. People wouldn't even pick it up from the ground. And where is the 3set bonus? They expect to many people to run the set reduction ring.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    ugh... always that whining and complaining... Think outside the box for once. It's not always about perfect trifecta of high stat rolls...

That helm (with the TR bonus) combined with another Monkey King set part (assuming combat staff=daibo), Quang warstaff and those Mr. Yan pants make a nice start for a TR build.

Quote from SpicyMeatball

ugh... always that whining and complaining... Think outside the box for once. It's not always about perfect trifecta of high stat rolls...

That helm (with the TR bonus) combined with another Monkey King set part (assuming combat staff=daibo), Quang warstaff and those Mr. Yan pants make a nice start for a TR build.

I'm not complaining about the item being bad (lack of trifecta) I complain about the item being booring. Loot 2.0 didn't make items more interesting, they are still too simple and plain. All loot 2.0 did was inflating mainstat rolls...Those set bonuses didn't look very imaginative either.

"The developers, they were never very imaginative" - Zoltun Kulle
    What is it about having 6 affix's that makes an item "interesting!?" Because two of those might be gold find and magic find!? You find those "Interesting?" What other non-main stat affix's are "interesting" I find all of them boring and would much rather see "Increases X by Y%," or "You now doing a flying sidekick through the air ala Chuck Norris and one shot the boss" type affix's.
    love the name

its basicly me

Quote from Setsoru

What is it about having 6 affix's that makes an item "interesting!?" Because two of those might be gold find and magic find!? You find those "Interesting?" What other non-main stat affix's are "interesting" I find all of them boring and would much rather see "Increases X by Y%," or "You now doing a flying sidekick through the air ala Chuck Norris and one shot the boss" type affix's.

lol, so true. But seriously what can they do? the game is all about big numbers. You need big enough numbers of life, big enough numbers of damage to handle a monster that has a big numbers of states. Not to mentions 90% of those numbers are from gears. So how can we make a build changer for a class? I don't know, make that skill you intend to use has a bigger number maybe? If one skill can relate to others, that will help a lot to the gameplay, but it's not gonna happen. Let's just wait how things come out, after few time.

Quote from raycommon

Quote from Setsoru

lol, so true. But seriously what can they do? the game is all about big numbers. You need big enough numbers of life, big enough numbers of damage to handle a monster that has a big numbers of states. Not to mentions 90% of those numbers are from gears. So how can we make a build changer for a class? I don't know, make that skill you intend to use has a bigger number maybe? If one skill can relate to others, that will help a lot to the gameplay, but it's not gonna happen. Let's just wait how things come out, after few time.

Maybe add new mechanics or something that actually re-works your skills or gives a large benefit + a large downside.

An example - "Your TR now crits for double damage - You take double damage while doing TR" something like that.
    That would actually make the skill interesting and still involve numbers.

Just that it wouldn't be in the shallow territory of "increase dmg with X% with no drawback".
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
    Yeah, there need to be some downsides aswell. But the casuals can't handle it unfortunately...
    I'm agree. It's a very common solution. When you improve the damage of a skill, that skill will cost you more mana and this is what happened in diablo2. The problem is, it wasn't doing a very good job, most of the people wouldn't give a damn. It's really hard to find a fine solution for a game like diablo3. It really is a game about numbers comparing, the number of object 1 > the number of object 2, object 1 win. The monster doesn't have any features like, for example, element immunity. If monster 1 has ice immunity we will kill with lighting skill. A solution to a question. For diablo3, monster 1 can teleport, oh, what can we do about it? more health more damage. monster 2 has jail affix, what can we do about it? more health more damage. See, we have so many questions and the answers are always be the same. For now, looking for interesting build in diablo3 not really a good idea. Big enough is good enough. :) the helm is fine in diablo3 point of view.
    To be honest, there's some items like that, fx theres a pair of pants that gives you 25% increased dmg and resource regeneration while moving and 25% DECREASED of both while standing still - but totally agreed, we need MORE of that kind of items - the (makes this skill better) is boring as hell, stronger bonuses to the skills - add a downside too!
    I agree, items should have uppers and downers so you really have to balance gear. I hated seeing Skorn on WD's, Monks and Wizards in D3 classic.

I want to see items which makes me thinks about my char. Choosing between nice bonusses or high stat rolls... etc...
    Have you guys not seen the new legs? There are ton of them with interesting effects. You can create some really interesting builds with a handful of them synergized together.

Quote from Doorsfan

Quote from raycommon

Quote from Setsoru

Maybe add new mechanics or something that actually re-works your skills or gives a large benefit + a large downside.

An example - "Your TR now crits for double damage - You take double damage while doing TR" something like that.

Just that it wouldn't be in the shallow territory of "increase dmg with X% with no drawback".

There is a legendary that removes the spirit cost of TR, which means you don't need to get gear or change the build for spirit generation. Then you can try to get gear that gives +15% damage to TR and stack that. That one legendary changes quite a bit, without changing the damage of TR.
    Last edited by TheRabidDeer: 1/5/2014 10:39:01 PM

Quote from TheRabidDeer

Quote from Doorsfan

Quote from raycommon

Quote from Setsoru

There is a legendary that removes the spirit cost of TR, which means you don't need to get gear or change the build for spirit generation. Then you can try to get gear that gives +15% damage to TR and stack that. That one legendary changes quite a bit, without changing the damage of TR.

The issue being thought there is no downside or reason to actually make it an interesting choise beyond "Does it do more dmg" then your other setup.

No downsides and only upsides = Homogenization = Optimization becomes extremely straight forward
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrazyPoochification - Let's Play of Eastern Sun/Other stuff
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes