so when can we expect 2.01 patch

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

It would be my guess as well. Since it's the day the AH dies, only makes sense that Loot 2.0 would come out the same day.

Quote from Azjenco

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

It would be my guess as well. Since it's the day the AH dies, only makes sense that Loot 2.0 would come out the same day.

So what would be the point of a 2.0 if it comes out March 18th, a week before RoS comes out?

Quote from Lestat

I know its just a small change thay have to do..But ive noticed the AH button in the PTR/beta, so my guess is before the AH shuts down..But again, its just speculations and hopes..

I noticed this as well. Hope it releases ~1 month before.
    Quote from m80thewolf

So what would be the point of a 2.0 if it comes out March 18th, a week before RoS comes out?

2.0 is needed for the expac, so that's obvious enough. You want to play a patch that's meant for the expac and really screws with vanilla overall play a couple of months prior to the expac? You want to find those non existent epic loot that doesn't drop yet? You want to find all this epic loots that will be obsolete once the expac is ready? You don't want monster density? Really?

I think the question should be what IS the point of putting 2.0 out early? Your answer, nothing. If your really that bored and need a reason to play D3 prior to the expansion, just stick to the PTR, if you can't stand vanilla anymore.
    Last edited by Slayerviper: 12/20/2013 3:34:42 PM
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.

Quote from m80thewolf

Quote from Azjenco

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

Well, I'm obviously speculating here, and my guess is based of off how they do it over on the WoW side; Release the free patch just a week or so before the actual expansion.

The reason is that there's less chance of a catastrophic meltdown if they space out the two by just a little, and that's pretty much about it. They would probably release both at the same time if they could, but it's safer this way.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!

Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from m80thewolf

2.0 is needed for the expac, so that's obvious enough. You want to play a patch that's meant for the expac and really screws with vanilla overall play a couple of months prior to the expac? You want to find those non existent epic loot that doesn't drop yet? You want to find all this epic loots that will be obsolete once the expac is ready? You don't want monster density? Really?I think the question should be what IS the point of putting 2.0 out early? Your answer, nothing. If your really that bored and need a reason to play D3 prior to the expansion, just stick to the PTR, if you can't stand vanilla anymore.

2.0 is needed whether you buy the expac or not. You don't get to choose what patch you play. They already stated that they are working on making it so items that drop don't have a level requirement of 61. See this posthttp://www.diablofans.com/news/47887-2-0-1-ptr-known-issues-lack-of-a-rare-legendary, its a known issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by "You want to find those non existent epic loot that doesn't drop yet?" and of course I want to find all this epic loot that will be obsolete once the expansion hits. Whywouldn'tI? I need gear to level, I can test out builds with items for later levels, once the expansion drops I can reforgestats and make that epic item last a little longer, and I can give gear to my other characters thataren'tas geared.

Did you ever think monster density is a bug? Or perhaps that monster density works the same way it does now, as in you need to play at the highest difficulty in order to activate it. No one knows what is going on with monster density. The patch is still on PTR being worked on.

My answer to putting 2.0 "early" is that people need time to adjust to the changes, and to maybe give them something to do while they wait. In fact if youdon'tbuy the expansion d3 vanilla is going to be 2.0. You cant change that. Thats my answer, and Im not bored with D3, I quite enjoy it still. I actuallydont like the ptr since anything I do on there is going to be gone once that patch goes live.
    Last edited by m80thewolf: 12/20/2013 3:49:40 PM
    Quote from m80thewolf

2.0 is needed whether you buy the expac or not. You don't get to choose what patch you play. They already stated that they are working on making it so items that drop don't have a level requirement of 61. See this posthttp://www.diablofans.com/news/47887-2-0-1-ptr-known-issues-lack-of-a-rare-legendary, its a known issue.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "You want to find those non existent epic loot that doesn't drop yet?" and of course I want to find all this epic loot that will be obsolete once the expansion hits. Whywouldn'tI? I need gear to level, I can test out builds with items for later levels, once the expansion drops I can reforgestats and make that epic item last a little longer, and I can give gear to my other characters thataren'tas geared.
    Did you ever think monster density is a bug? Or perhaps that monster density works the same way it does now, as in you need to play at the highest difficulty in order to activate it. No one knows what is going on with monster density. The patch is still on PTR being worked on.
    My answer to putting 2.0 "early" is that people need time to adjust to the changes, and to maybe give them something to do while they wait. In fact if youdon'tbuy the expansion d3 vanilla is going to be 2.0. You cant change that. Thats my answer, and Im not bored with D3, I quite enjoy it still. I actuallydont like the ptr since anything I do on there is going to be gone once that patch goes live.

People don't need time to adjust. Did we need time to adjust when vanilla came out? Whats so hard figuring things out your self, oh right gamers can't get by without looking and guides and faqs anymore, sorry my bad.

You can advance though the expansion with any gear you have, adjust the difficulties accordingly. I'm pretty sure they stated the monster density won't change but we'll see. Any builds you try to theory craft now will go to shit because you can't access any of the new gear or abilities. It makes no sense to theory craft lvl 60 for level 70 monsters and gear. Would you try and predict gear builds at level 30 for level 60 (assuming you had all the same abilities)

Well I have a few other things I'll be doing over the next three months and even if 2.0 came out asap, I could care less because everything is trivial before an expac release unless I'm trying to grind out paragon levels. You sure must be a dedicated fan because I'm sure bored of the same crap.

I'm more interested them delaying the patch as long as possible because I want a functioning expac that isn't as shitty at release like vanilla was.
    Last edited by Slayerviper: 12/20/2013 4:02:05 PM
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.

Quote from Azjenco

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

Well, my logic is this.

If 2.0 comes out while the AH is still up and running, people will be more inclined to push for item hunting so they can throw as many of the new items as they can get onto it. It also seems like players will be able to make more gold in RoS (bounties and rifts, and higher level), which means the AH prices for these new items will be crazy. This will make the gold difference between AH and non AH users even greater than it is now.

This is far from fact, just what I figure. So don't take me up on it word for word, it's really just my personal musings. :)
    Last edited by Azjenco: 12/20/2013 4:58:46 PM

Quote from Slayerviper

Quote from m80thewolf

People don't need time to adjust. Did we need time to adjust when vanilla came out? Whats so hard figuring things out your self, oh right gamers can't get by without looking and guides and faqs anymore, sorry my bad. You can advance though the expansion with any gear you have, adjust the difficulties accordingly. I'm pretty sure they stated the monster density won't change but we'll see. Any builds you try to theory craft now will go to shit because you can't access any of the new gear or abilities. It makes no sense to theory craft lvl 60 for level 70 monsters and gear. Would you try and predict gear builds at level 30 for level 60 (assuming you had all the same abilities)Well I have a few other things I'll be doing over the next three months and even if 2.0 came out asap, I could care less because everything is trivial before an expac release unless I'm trying to grind out paragon levels. You sure must be a dedicated fan because I'm sure bored of the same crap.I'm more interested them delaying the patch as long as possible because I want a functioning expac that isn't as shitty at release like vanilla was.

When vanilla came out it was a brand new game. People adjusted to the brand new game by playing it, so yes, I would argue that people needed time to adjust to it. Patch 2.0 is building on the original D3 and changing some pretty major stuff in the game. Some of UI is different, old skills you had used are different, new affixs, new monster affixs, paragon 2.0, the way items drop, etc are all new.

I'm not sure where this "players cant think for themselves" thing came from. I'm looking forward to making new builds with the new items that drop.

How would any builds I try and theory craft right now go to shit if I don't use any of the new abilities in my build? Don't forget that legendary items drop at all levels now. If I am building a frost wizard and find some frostburns at 60, wouldn't they also work for a frost wizard at 70 as long as I found a new version of them at 70? And It makes perfect sense to theory craft builds at 60, if I'm not planning on buying RoS. If I don't buy RoS those builds are not a waste of time.

I think you're thinking patch 2.0 = RoS. Its not. Patch 2.0 contains new features that do not require the purchase of RoS. Delaying the patch as long as possible isn't going to change any features in RoS. 2.0 is on the PTR, and for the most part its done. PTR is for testing, finding bugs, and adjusting numbers. In the end I could never buy RoS and 2.0 will still work the same. If they were the same, why not release them all on the same day?
    Quote from m80thewolf

When vanilla came out it was a brand new game. People adjusted to the brand new game by playing it, so yes, I would argue that people needed time to adjust to it. Patch 2.0 is building on the original D3 and changing some pretty major stuff in the game. Some of UI is different, old skills you had used are different, new affixs, new monster affixs, paragon 2.0, the way items drop, etc are all new.
    I'm not sure where this "players cant think for themselves" thing came from. I'm looking forward to making new builds with the new items that drop.
    How would any builds I try and theory craft right now go to shit if I don't use any of the new abilities in my build? Don't forget that legendary items drop at all levels now. If I am building a frost wizard and find some frostburns at 60, wouldn't they also work for a frost wizard at 70 as long as I found a new version of them at 70? And It makes perfect sense to theory craft builds at 60, if I'm not planning on buying RoS. If I don't buy RoS those builds are not a waste of time.
    I think you're thinking patch 2.0 = RoS. Its not. Patch 2.0 contains new features that do not require the purchase of RoS. Delaying the patch as long as possible isn't going to change any features in RoS. 2.0 is on the PTR, and for the most part its done. PTR is for testing, finding bugs, and adjusting numbers. In the end I could never buy RoS and 2.0 will still work the same. If they were the same, why not release them all on the same day?

You point is moot, whether people play a couple weeks before the expansion or start plying at the expansion it will be the same learning curve. People DON'T need to get experienced with the content before the expac comes out, that's the joy actually getting the expansion. I'll use the classic WoW example, we didn't get time to practice the upcoming content before the expac came out, you learned as you went and it works just fine that way. Plus the scaling of levels and gear vastly changed any sort of theory craft one could come up with at lower levels. A cold build that works at 60 doesn't necessarily translate to the same success at 70 on torment. Heck in vanilla Locus was the boss until hell, then it became obsolete.

Legendaries can drop any time yes, but on lower difficulties it's less likely you'll find them. I'm not sure if a bunch of the new legendaries are expansion specific or any of them can drop at lower levels. I would think that any of the new legendaries would be expac only. Only a few of the previous legenadries are going to be adjusted.

I know 2.0 and RoS is different but RoS builds on 2.0 and it isn't fully tested yet, so really rushing 2.0 does affect the expansion. Please link confirmation that 2.0 is fully tested and ready to be released, if you can't then it's not ready. The only thing that 2.0 will offer for classic is better drops but again at this point it's pointless since the drops are obsolete if your planning to purchase RoS. The additional features that are worthwhile all come with the expansion.
    i agree with you

Quote from Bleu42

Quote from m80thewolf

Quote from Azjenco

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

Well, I'm obviously speculating here, and my guess is based of off how they do it over on the WoW side; Release the free patch just a week or so before the actual expansion.

The reason is that there's less chance of a catastrophic meltdown if they space out the two by just a little, and that's pretty much about it. They would probably release both at the same time if they could, but it's safer this way.

But in WoW they release the pre-patch a month before the next expansion. For example patch 5.0.4 was released August 28th and MoP was released September 25th and they've done that with each expansion so that people can acclimate to the changes. Same thing with Starcraft 2. Patch 2.0.4 hit February 19th and HotS was released March 12th.

If we go by that pattern patch 2.0 should be released February 18th.
    Quote from Yingtao

Quote from Bleu42

Quote from m80thewolf

Quote from Azjenco

Quote from Bleu42

March 18th, is my guess.

But in WoW they release the pre-patch a month before the next expansion. For example patch 5.0.4 was released August 28th and MoP was released September 25th and they've done that with each expansion so that people can acclimate to the changes. Same thing with Starcraft 2. Patch 2.0.4 hit February 19th and HotS was released March 12th.
    If we go by that pattern patch 2.0 should be released February 18th.

You wish. Almost certainly march 18th.
    I agree, surely March 18th. Personally I would have expected an extra week between pre-patch and expansion launch, but they are certainly not going to release the pre-patch before they shut down the Auction Houses.

Quote from st0rmie

I agree, surely March 18th. Personally I would have expected an extra week between pre-patch and expansion launch, but they are certainly not going to release the pre-patch before they shut down the Auction Houses.

I really don't understand why so many people think that the Auction House needs to be closed before Patch 2.0 goes live.

The new Loot 2.0 legendaries will be BoA, so they won't be tradeable via the AH.
    The rare items that would be tradeable via the AH will totally loose their value because the level cap increases with RoS, so no sane person will invest money/gold into items that will become worthless in a matter of weeks.
    The Patch 2.0 keeps the maximum gem/crafting materials at lvl60, while RoS will totally focus on lvl70 gems and materials. There is no risk that wealthy individuals would stockpile mats/gems to get a lead in RoS.

So there is really no reason to wait with 2.0 until the AH goes down.

Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    The fact that the 2.0 PTR still has an auction house button is evidence enough for me that Blizzard is granting the possibility for the patch to hit before the shutdown.
    Blizzard has typically released a major patch before launch. I would think they would do the same for RoS, just a matter of "when". I would guess a week or two before, much more than that seems weird.
    I would have thought that they would let the AH go away before releasing the next patch but who knows..
    mid january I guess
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes