RoS - Overpriced in EU?

I find it extremely overpriced, you are paying full price for an expansion.

We get 1 act, a few sides quests for the 3 old followers, 1 new crafting service and a lot of stuff that should have been in release most of which is fanmade. Thats the standard edition.

Delux and CE are totaly insane prices, 20€ for a pet, transmog things and a few pictures in starcraft, and 40€ for a mousemat a beautiful book(one of the few things I enjoy) and a dvd which normaly just stays in the box. Oh almost forgot you also get 3 more chars slots and stash slots.

But come on blizzard is really pushing it here as in calling them pigs and that it smells like Activision all over!
    Last edited by Unrealsiege: 12/19/2013 5:46:33 PM
    "Then at long last, Azmodan shall reign as the Prime Evil!"

Quote from thundersteele

Eur 39 seems to be the standard price for expansion packs in Europe. So no, it is not overpriced.

As for the price difference with the US, don't forget that US prices are indeed before tax, while in the EU on average you have 20% taxes on top of the sales price. So more than half of the higher EU price is indeed due to taxes.

Now, the sad part is when you look at Switzerland. We pay the same EU price despite the taxes being much lower. That's life...

I honestly don't think the Swiss can complain. Remember, before the economy crisis, 40 Euros = 60 Swiss Francs (aprox.), while now it's more like 40 Euros = 50 Swiss Francs (Back in 2005 it would have cost the same (numerically) in Dollars as in Euros). Buy the game from the Blizzard store and be happy that you are paying 10 Francs less.

Yes, I know that the Swiss Francs is currently worth more than USD (1:1.10 about), but that is just how the cookie crumbles. Swiss are still paying one sixth less than 8 years ago.
    What if I have a friend from the US and he gift me the 40$ version to Europe? Will it work?

I like how when Maka has run out of arguments or counter-points, he resorts to sarcasm.

That, or changes his mind on what was being argued in the first place.

I suggest you brush up on your definitions. That wasn't sarcasm, it was disbelief.

Or picks apart the wording of your statements instead of their meaning.
    ^True on both accounts.

Quote from Unrealsiege

Delux and CE are totaly insane prices, 20€ for a pet, transmog things and a few pictures in starcraft, and 40€ for a mousemat a beautiful book(one of the few things I enjoy) and a dvd which normaly just stays in the box. Oh almost forgot you also get 3 more chars slots and stash slots.

The deluxe and CE aren't suppose to be frugal. They are there for the die hard fans or collectors who are ok with spending extra money if it gets them something unique.

Quote from Proof07

I'm going to buy the CE , because it's cheap. And in most games you don't make your money back... I am not a blizzard groupie but that seems a bit silly:-s

The AH will be removed so you wont sell any stuff for real money anymore in Diablo when RoS will be released :P
    After seeing how RoS is turning out it doesn't even look good. You have to completely find your items your self. Drop chance is super low so it will take many years to get what you want. And everything feels.. just weird. It doesn't feel like diablo 3 anymore. Most of these things should've been in Diablo 3 when it was launched.

I'm starting to think AH removal is bad because they're making the game entirely based on self found. Which is complete shit, I want there to be an self found feature, but not the entire game being self found only. I wanna play my class and find other classes items so I can go trade them, brings more fun to the game. Finding a decent items that I can give my friends, or save up to use for another class. Now you get only str items as barb/crusader etc and legendary items drop once every few hours, it's just bad, really bad.
    "Oh almost forgot you also get 3 more chars slots and stash slots." We're getting 3 more character slots but no extra stash space unfortunately.
    My sister if paying 2400€ for rent in Geneva, Switzerland and has money to spare, you wouldn't pay 600€ for the same size apparent in our capital, Ljubljana and we're not even one of the worse income countries.

Just to put things in a prospective when generalizing Europe

Quote from bobrock1982

"Oh almost forgot you also get 3 more chars slots and stash slots." We're getting 3 more character slots but no extra stash space unfortunately.

Technically you get more stash space, seeing how each of those 3 characters has their own personal inventory.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Just pay for it with the stuff you've sold on the RMAH - essentially its a free expansion for anyone with a certain amount of hours played over the course of diablo3.. seriously, any expansion to any game anywhere costs around 40€, why'd this be any different?

The DD version price difference between UK and USA is £13.29 on today's exchange.

That's discrimination.
    Well, then they first thought about the xpack, they wanted to name it "rip-off", then they changed it to "rip-off cool", and then, someone one got the idea of "Reaper of Souls". :)

And no, I'm not a hater, this was just an occasion to make a bad joke ! Sorry if you don't find it funny !
    G2Play still has it for 33% off, I bought it there :) 27 euros instead of 40.
    Last edited by Elendiro: 12/20/2013 6:19:52 AM
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    3 more Stash slots?

Where did you guys read this?
    Quote from Adephx

My sister if paying 2400€ for rent in Geneva, Switzerland and has money to spare, you wouldn't pay 600€ for the same size apparent in our capital, Ljubljana and we're not even one of the worse income countries.

Just to put things in a prospective when generalizing Europe

€2400 is like 2x what I earn in a month, and I live in Austria.

For this money, you can get a 130m² apartment in the better parts of Vienna.
    yeah seems a bit expensive For me it is £32.99 or £49.99 which i quite a bit more expensive then the US price of $39.99 and $59.99.

But i worked out you can gift the US version to yourself therefore pay the cheaper US dollar price.

i payed £36.73with my banks exchange rate for the collectors edition.

Quote from Elendiro

Anyone else bought their key from G2Play?
    the price is tempting, I'm not big on trusting 3rd side
    websites when it comes to these things, they also
    say I will get my key on the day of release? sounds
    a bit shady to me. <_<

Quote from BenAlpha

Quote from Elendiro

Anyone else bought their key from G2Play?
    the price is tempting, I'm not big on trusting 3rd side
    websites when it comes to these things, they also
    say I will get my key on the day of release? sounds
    a bit shady to me. <_<

I understand that you might feel suspisious and I wouldn't blame you. One of my close friends have bought several games off of that site. I bought skyrim from a similar website, but not this exact one. You're probably an adult and can make your own decisions so I'm not gonna try to convince you. Get excited for Reaper of Souls at least, however you buy it :D March is not that far away!
    Make your peace...Quickly!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes