Diablofans Re-launch Feedback Thread

Hello!

If you have not noticed, the new diablofans site system and design is live!
    Please leave any feedback or questions you have here!

PS: If you need to see the old site, it can be found out old.diablofans.com - please note that this is read only.
    Serious: I don't like that the Blizz tracker and the Recent posts tracker is now smaller. Any reason for this? Because I can't find any. Also, the Blizz tracker is not up-to-date, but I'm sure that's just a temporary thing.

Less serious: I don't like the fact that overneathe (and Molster) have gems next to their names :P
    Last edited by Maka: 12/5/2013 12:22:00 PM
    Quote from Maka

Serious: I don't like that the Blizz tracker and the Recent posts tracker is now smaller. Any reason for this? Because I can't find any. Also, the Blizz tracker is not up-to-date, but I'm sure that's just a temporary thing.

Less serious: I don't like the fact that overneathe (and Molster) have gems next to their names :P

The size change is due to the software change - we are now running on cobalt - our home built system. With that our tracker layout is the same as out other cobalt sites that use it - will see if there is anything we can do about getting it back to 5

http://www.hearthpwn.com/
    http://www.reignofgaming.net/

and so on

Blizz tracker we will get up to date for sure!
    Last edited by Molster: 12/5/2013 12:48:03 PM
    Looks good so far, the Blue tracker once clicked on it looks clean and crisp. But the small version on the main page is a step back. Also it shows MVP posts in the small version now? Latest Blue post is like 2 days and a half ago yet it says 1 hour ago
    Last edited by TheWaldemar: 12/5/2013 12:41:24 PM
    Quote from TheWaldemar

Looks good so far, the Blue tracker once clicked on it looks clean and crisp. But the small version on the main page is a step back. Also it shows MVP posts now? Latest Blue post is like 2 days and a half away yet it says 1 hour ago.

the listing on the front dosnt sort out MVP tracking, its being fixed
    Ah okay, well and what Maka said is true, I liked the longer version. Apparently that's impossible to change. :(
    Grats on new site! I believe this is v3, am I correct? Back in the days the site wasn't even called Diablofans :-)

Hey, any plans for any kind of battle.net profile integration btw?
    Last edited by rebjorn: 12/5/2013 12:48:04 PM
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Quote from rebjorn

Grats on new site! I believe this is v3, am I correct? Back in the days the site wasn't even called Diablofans :-)

good old diablo3.com
    Quote from Molster

we are now running on cobalt - our home built system.

Is that why your gem is blue?

Anyway, I like the new format, but I notice that when I used the "multi-quote" option, I can't seem to be able to write anything between the multiple quotes. Usually when I put multiple quotes in one post, it's because I want to respond to one person's point right after their quote, then give another (not necessarily related quote, from not necessarily the same person) and respond to that.
    Quote from daisychopper
    Quote from Molster

we are now running on cobalt - our home built system.

Is that why your gem is blue?

Anyway, I like the new format, but I notice that when I used the "multi-quote" option, I can't seem to be able to write anything between the multiple quotes. Usually when I put multiple quotes in one post, it's because I want to respond to one person's point right after their quote, then give another (not necessarily related quote, from not necessarily the same person) and respond to that.

That's an issue with our editor that we're working on now. For now, you can switch to BBCode mode (The BB Code icon on the far right of the editor) and write between the quotes there. You can switch back to WYSIWYG mode once you've added a line.
    In general it looks good, but there are a few flaws. For example, the contrast of the quote boxes (to the text inside) is not really good with those bright red backgrounds. Also the forum ticker on the front page only shows 4 entries, it used to be more than 4 and it seemed clearer.
    Last edited by Efrye: 12/5/2013 2:50:49 PM
    Gratz on getting the new page online!

I was always using the "View New Content" feature of the old site to get an overview of all unread posts. The 4 (used to be 5) "recent posts" on the front page just won't do it for me, especially when you get up in the morning. It seems like the new version of this "New Content" view does only support a feature to show threads since last visit, last day, and so on - any chance of getting an "unread threads" list anywhere?
    A) Recent posts used to be 6, would love to return to that, or hell add a couple more =)

B.) The color pallet of the site is cool and old school looking.

C) Hitting space seems to default to double space, with no way to just start another point in your list by manually clicking where to start the cursor.

D) I'm super jelly of the cool gems by the names!!1!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Looks like +1ing went away :(
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Is it possible to change your username? I've looked all over and can't find a setting. Maybe I missed it.
    Quote from CherubDown

Looks like +1ing went away :(

We'll be adding that back in shortly.
    Old Diablofans could embed YouTube videos. How's that done now? Still the *bracket* media code? I tried modifying this on one of my older posts and I got a blank.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

Old Diablofans could embed YouTube videos. How's that done now? Still the *bracket* media code? I tried modifying this on one of my older posts and I got a blank.

If you just post the share link in, it will give a collapsed player/link like this: http://youtu.be/n44jgTTzuCk

You can still use [media] tags, but the link must be the link with "embed" in it, such as www.youtube.com/embed/n44jgTTzuCk.
    Looks nice.... my only suggestion would be to change the color of the PINNED icons so that they stand out from the DISCUSSION icons next to thread titles.
    When I go to the 2nd page of comments of a News, it goes up to the top of the comments and not to the top of the news like before, that's really great ! Thanks !
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes