ROS Longevity: Small Changes=Big Difference

Having watched a lot of streams and kept up with the news for ros, I would like to compile some small suggestions I've heard from the whole community here that could revitalize the end-game about: trading, pvpve, drop rates.

Trading

Here is a suggestion I made in another thread, but I would like to reiterate it here:
    Make ALL items and currencies trade-able with and only with people that were on your friends list/in your clan when the item dropped. Reasons why this is good:
    • It builds your personal community, encouraging you to have a lot of friends and interact with them
    • It encourages social interaction between your friends and your clan (respectively), since you have to communicate with them about the loot, mats, or gold you want to exchange with them
    • It makes it so random strangers is not a part of D3ROS trading, since the max friends you can have is 100 and thus your trade reach is limited
    • There would be an incentive to keep farming legendaries, even after you have found all the ones you want for your build, since you will be able to sell/exchange them, still benefitting you to find them
    PVPVE

Athene made a video suggesting that this would be a core of the endgame and longevity of D3ROS and that it needed to be implemented. Blizz wants balance, and it just simply doesn't exist in PVP for D3V or D3ROS. Thus, the best middle-ground would be PVPVE, where:
    • You would fight monsters, or waves of monsters, solo or in a coop game and try to get the best time, the best kill streak, or even just beat a harder pack than the other team.
    • Both teams (maybe more than 2 teams? tournament?) would play in their own instances at the same time as each other.
    • There could even be a turn based PVPVE where one team (or solo) plays a level and adds a bunch of difficult modifiers to the level they will play, and then the other team, when they come online next, play that same level, matching the difficulty and seeing who got the best time or score or whatever. It's basically like HORSE in basketball, but in D3ROS.
    • There could be ranked and unranked games, ranking by clan, etc.
    This would be good because it would encourage competitive gameplay in an environment whose balancing is already being done for the PVE in-game. Competition, cooperation, and community interaction would all come from this PVPVE system.

Drop Rates

This one is a small change that will also help the longevity of the game. We know that blue said that the drop rates are boosted for the beta, but I still just wanted to say that finding a legendary should still take some amount of time, not 12 legendaries in one rift level (kripp's video).

Conclusion

These are a combination of my suggestions, the overall community requests, and some specific people's suggestions (such as Athene) compiled into a post about D3ROS' longevity. Please feel free to constructively criticize and hope that Blizz sees this!

Edit: Grammar
    When you wrote "make all items tradeable for people on your friendslist". I facepalmed, sighed and stopped reading.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    What would stop people from adding bots owned by third-party sellers to their friend lists?
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from Elendiro

When you wrote "make all items tradeable for people on your friendslist". I facepalmed, sighed and stopped reading.

Apparently you stopped reading before you even started. He wrote "Make ALL items and currencies trade-able with and only with people that were on your friends list/in your clan when the item dropped".
    Quote from dousie

Make ALL items and currencies trade-able with and only with people that were on your friends list/in your clan when the item dropped.

No, it's still a restriction. Not going to accept that.
    Traders are a minority, and people in trade channels are a minority. Seems like people would fill their friends lists with anyone and everyone ever encountered in a trade channel or forum.
    Quote from Elendiro

Maybe you misread it :S
    It says "Make ALL items and currencies trade-able with and only with people that were on your friends list/in your clan when the item dropped."
    That means that adding a person after the item is dropped to trade won't work, only people that were on the friends list at the time of the drop can trade to exchange that item.
    Quote from Pietrak

What would stop people from adding bots owned by third-party sellers to their friend lists?

That's a very good point. I feel like regardless of any situation, if trading is going to happen in any form, there will be bots/3rd party sites. My response would be that if people REALLY want botted/real money items, let them have it because it doesn't affect the economy as a whole, since your economy is limited to 100 friends, and prices and such would only fluctuate because of the 3rd party sites/botters if they were in your social trade economy (if this suggestion were to be put into place).
    Quote from Efrye

Quote from dousie

Make ALL items and currencies trade-able with and only with people that were on your friends list/in your clan when the item dropped.

The sad truth is, Blizz made all the legendaries BoA. Simply asking them to make it free for all is pointless, given that it causes a TON of problems for them and for the players. I believe that trying to come up with some sort of middle-ground is the best answer to this issue. Not everyone will be pleased, but accepting the truth of horrible botting and stuff is essential to coming up with a solution :)
    Quote from Sabvre

Traders are a minority, and people in trade channels are a minority. Seems like people would fill their friends lists with anyone and everyone ever encountered in a trade channel or forum.

You can only have 100 friends
    Can use the Xbox one friend list idea, stuff could be traded between anyone in your friend list if they had been there for at least 30 days.
    Quote from Sabvre

Oh allmighty master of numbers, please share a link with us to the statistics that show that traders are a minority.
    I think these are good very good suggestions, I especially like the PvPvE part.

The suggestions I made a while ago for after RoS is polished are:
    • Greater variety and randomization in monster behavior (i.e. movement patterns, attacks and special abilities).
    • Legendary items as a reward for a difficult series of quests/trials.
    • Skill experience system with skill attribute points as a reward, comparable to the current Paragon 2.0 mechanic.
    • Randomized endless dungeon with increasing difficulty as you progress.
    • Synergy system for skills.
    • Formations for certain monster types (i.e. skeleton warriors).
    • Elemental weaknesses for certain monster types.
    • Time trials: clearing areas as fast as you can where your personal best is saved.
    • Difficulty scaling by making monsters smarter instead of increasing monster ehp and dps, for example better targeting on ranged attacks.
    • Custom dungeon rules for dungeon levels, like "no crits" or "15% slower movement speed".
    As for trading: there are so many opinions and views on trading in Diablo 3, it's clear to me there isn't really one simple and great solution where everyone will say: yeah, that's what we've been waiting for, this is it, honest and fun trading at its best.
    Quote from dousie

Quote from Efrye

Quote from dousie

The sad truth is, Blizz made all the legendaries BoA. Simply asking them to make it free for all is pointless, given that it causes a TON of problems for them and for the players. I believe that trying to come up with some sort of middle-ground is the best answer to this issue. Not everyone will be pleased, but accepting the truth of horrible botting and stuff is essential to coming up with a solution :)

No, not playing will be the better solution for me I guess.
    Actually:

Dificulty = MORE DAMAGE AND MORE HP => Crap endgame

i cant even read the numbers!! And it is always the same thing with big numbers.

For a decent endgame:

Dificulty= Monster resistences/imunity (elemental dmg, Physical dmg, CC etc...);
    Dificulty=Monster skills: give them skills like an aura or area enchant that reduces players defenses, silence players, stuns and make bosses a real chalenge with skills high AI and FASTER!
    Please explain what is so bad about bots?

i) For Blizzard = sold copy -> they made money
    ii) For Gamers = more items -> items for the end game are available for cheaper prices

Now please try and give one good reason why a bot is a bad thing for anyone.
    Quote from fooubar

ii) For Gamers = more items -> items for the end game are available for cheaper prices

Spoken like a true botter.
    Quote from Heretic_Ragna

Can use the Xbox one friend list idea, stuff could be traded between anyone in your friend list if they had been there for at least 30 days.

sounds fair to me!
    Quote from Efrye

Quote from dousie

Quote from Efrye

Quote from dousie

No, not playing will be the better solution for me I guess.

If you just don't want to play, please don't spread negativity. This is a thread for suggestions and constructive feedback, not futile rebuttals.
    Quote from fooubar

1) Bots go against the rules of the game, in that there is no skill involved, just a cheating program that does all the grinding for you
    2) Bots inflate prices of the economy in general, since they produce so much more gold then can naturally be collected
    3) Bots dehumanize the trading market, causing the game to be less social, and thus less fun
    4) Bots find loot not for the sake of finding and using loot, but for the sake of selling it. Normally selling items is fine, but that's only because you sell some of the good stuff you find, not all of it. This overflow of good items causes it to be too easy to get crafting mats, gold, gems, etc.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes