Blizzard can do much better for great endgame

This is how enchanting could help for achieving a better endgame regarding itemization:

1. You will need a spirit shard to be able to enchant legendaries/ sets.

- the mystic will only require the item and one spirit shard in order to enchant. No gold or crafting reagents needed
    - you can choose a primary or a secondary attribute to be either replaced or enhanced
    - the value of an enhanced attribute will always be better than the current one
    - a new attribute will not be random. You can choose which ever attribute you desire

2. How to get the spirit shard

- a spirit shard has a chance to drop from elite monsters in torment mode
    - also there is a chance to drop once you have completed 5 bounties in one act and then kill a boss in the same act
    - the higher the difficulty level the higher the drop chance
    - the more players fight with you the higher the drop chance
    - upon encountering one spirit shard, a divine light sears the sky, releasing a devastating blast, which kills every foe within sight still standing. Your character voice will honor me with the words: “This spirit has come to reward me!”
    - once a spirit shard has been picked up it becomes bound to account

3. Rewards for the bravest of all Nephalem

Thus a certain effort is required to encounter a spirit shard. I will not fool you. Even if you slay many foes on highest torment difficulty, your chance to be rewarded is very very slim.

But don’t despair. Let me introduce the

Nephalem Bravery Count

This is a number displayed next to your “elite kills” in your profile. The number will increase with every elite kill or bounty+boss kill. Once the “Nephalem Bravery Count” reaches 100, you get a guaranteed spirit shard drop. Afterwards the count is reset to zero and is started again.

Certain rules apply to the Nephalem Bravery Count

- there will be no higher chance to drop a spirit shard, unless the number hits 100
    - the count increases more if you succeed on highest torment difficulty
    - also the count increases faster the more players succeed with you

- Further challenge is required once the Nephalem Bravery Count hits 5. Then the count is locked. It will increase no more unless you complete a rift on torment difficulty
    - this rift will be much harder to complete than regular rifts.
    - for each higher torment difficulty you complete the rift, you get an increased bonus to the count
    - after completing the rift, the count is no longer locked until further challenge is required

4. Why do I think this is a great idea and enchanting in current beta is a bad idea?

In my humble opinion Diablo 3 needs a better endgame. An endgame where the best rewards and challenges await you.

Many players will get good items with loot 2.0. But what do you thrive for, once you got all the cool legendaries and sets you desire? What if, that legendary with that awesome ability has worse stats than another one, which does not have that ability?

Then there will be the desire to enhance this item. But this enhancement should not be easily obtainable with crafting reagents from salvaged legendaries/ sets.

There should be more to it. The gold costs for enchanting in current beta goes into a good direction. But collecting gold is not cool. Drops are cool! And if you are not so lucky to get this drop you should be able to work your way towards that reward. That’s what the “Nephalem Bravery Count” is for.

And at the end of the day you shall have the enchantment which you desire. Not a random one. There is already enough randomness in the game. Now it is time for something else.

I really would like to read your thoughts on a better endgame regarding itemization.

Here is also the link on bnet forum if you like to support:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8819242129#1

Please discuss!
    So to reforge one stat on one item we would need a reagent that takes weeks, possibly months to farm?

yeah.... No.
    I'd rather they just let me enchant the crap out of everything and make torment 6 "OG inferno mode".
    Quote from Talyn_Rahl

So to reforge one stat on one item we would need a reagent that takes weeks, possibly months to farm?

yeah.... No.

So you guys rather want to get bored after 2 weeks?
    Loot 2.0 will give u good drops. You do not have to rely on enchanting, in order to get good gear. Just to make it better. If enchanting is done within 2 days of farming, there is nothing else to do in a very short time. right?
    People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Cify

Quote from Talyn_Rahl

yeah.... No.

Loot 2.0 will give u good drops. You do not have to rely on enchanting, in order to get good gear. Just to make it better. If enchanting is done within 2 days of farming, there is nothing else to do in a very short time. right?

I don't think anyone wants that. Your idea just aint that good. All it really does is make the enchantress less usefull, which is a weird way of increasing the games longevity.
    So a good idea is make people grind for many hours just too slightly boost the stats... da faq? How would that make anyone keep playing, you know what would be a better idea? Grind for a piece of gear that rolls better stats.

One day ladder will be added and possibly PvP that will be your new end game.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    lol "One day..."
    Quote from maka

lol "One day..."

haha yup
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from Cify

And you think people WOULDN'T get bored grinding for weeks on end to enchant one peice of gear?

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be fully kitted out in super tweaked, optimised BiS gear within a week of launch... but I don't still wanna be grinding for reagents 6 months later either. I don't want to be waiting till max level and grinding weeks to get a rare reagent just to test out the new systems added in RoS either.

What's needed is a middle ground, your idea does not offer that, you're going from one extreme to the other. Tbh the current system is fine, they just need to tweak the numbers alittle and guess what? They're doing just that. They've already seriously nerfed the rewards from bounties, I would bet my frakkin HOUSE that they'll nerf Legendary drop rates before the game goes live (or it would be better to say UNBUFF, rather than nerf, as they've clearly tweaked the numbers for testing).

with legendaries dropping less frequently and less money to blow on reforging, I think the current system is more than fine.
    Quote from Talyn_Rahl

Quote from Cify

And you think people WOULDN'T get bored grinding for weeks on end to enchant one peice of gear?

Don't get me wrong I don't want to be fully kitted out in super tweaked, optimised BiS gear within a week of launch... but I don't still wanna be grinding for reagents 6 months later either. I don't want to be waiting till max level and grinding weeks to get a rare reagent just to test out the new systems added in RoS either.

What's needed is a middle ground, your idea does not offer that, you're going from one extreme to the other. Tbh the current system is fine, they just need to tweak the numbers alittle and guess what? They're doing just that. They've already seriously nerfed the rewards from bounties, I would bet my frakkin HOUSE that they'll nerf Legendary drop rates before the game goes live (or it would be better to say UNBUFF, rather than nerf, as they've clearly tweaked the numbers for testing).

with legendaries dropping less frequently and less money to blow on reforging, I think the current system is more than fine.

You guys got a point.
    I guess we have to try it out in a couple of month when Ros goes live.
    However. The runes in D2 worked similar. You needed a lot of hours to get the best rewards. You could have a lucky drop or trade your way towards your ber rune.
    But with one ber rune, you were not able to make enigma.
    So the greatest rewards should take time. And adding 10 % crit chance is one of the greatest reward as of now. Or maybe one sprit shard could give you more than one attribute to enchant.

But I am talking agains the wind.
    Everyone just wants to get their hands on the new stuff since we are teased by streams. Which I can totally understand.
    However this will not help for the long term as happened with earlier patches.
    It's a debate of longevity via replayability or progression. Do we want slow incremental progression? What happens if you're improving an item that's not all that great in hindsight, but good at the time, did you waste the reagents? Or do we want a relatively swift, (gear being perfect, or approaching perfection in a few months with a fair amount of play time) with a system such as ladder resets. From what we've been seeing, ladder system is a desired system that even introduces a safeguard against exploits affecting the ladder game for long periods of time in the fact that it resets every so often.
    The drop rates will be such that you will get your good legendary items at a pretty good clip, but the super powerful items you won't see for 300 hours or more.

My source is the inc gamers podcast, and one of the people on the podcast overheard Wyatt talking about drop rates during the fan chat they held on the floor during Blizzcon. That one that sparked the "story time with Wyatt" reddit thread.

I think it will be closer to D2's drop rates, than D3 consoles, which is what everyone's so afraid of.

You after playing RoS 400 hours (should you even bother with it that long! Hurr) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SElba17Q5-0

Just for kicks, they should put a Breath of the Dying axe in, and make the drop rate like, 0.00003/100. (Zod drop rate according to: http://www.diablofan...ing-a-zod-rune/

So, to answer the thread, just forget about the beta drop rates. It's nothing like what you'll see in full release. Not even a fraction. Even though people understand this, it still has them a bit scared, I think.
    You already have to salvage a Legendary for every time you enchant a Legendary, that seems like plenty of a restriction to me. I've seen streamers enchant dozens of times without getting the exact stat they wanted.
    im 100% convinced that the only reason you guys want a endgame in D3 is due to the lack of a skill tree system. If we had skill trees everyone would be playing with the focus of crafting a build/character... not being completely 100% focus on the content. Look at D2 we farmed a few bosses and maps and thats it. Making different characters kept us playing.

In D3 blizzard builds our character, ever Barb is the same... it takes zero effort to flop around skills. When i played D2 my focus was on creating this type of character. once that character was built i re-rolled. in D3 a characters build is done for u.
    Quote from Mini641

In D3 blizzard builds our character, ever Barb is the same... it takes zero effort to flop around skills. When i played D2 my focus was on creating this type of character. once that character was built i re-rolled. in D3 a characters build is done for u.

This is a valid complaint, and one that I see often.

However, some players just don't care about this kind of detailed character building, so the D3 system for them is fine. They would just like to have a selection of skills to be able to try out at their leisure, and then get to the fighting.
    Quote from Mini641

im 100% convinced that the only reason you guys want a endgame in D3 is due to the lack of a skill tree system. If we had skill trees everyone would be playing with the focus of crafting a build/character... not being completely 100% focus on the content. Look at D2 we farmed a few bosses and maps and thats it. Making different characters kept us playing.

I want good end game content because I want something to do. Lack of skill tress have very little to do with it. I don't get how this keeps coming up. I played D2 a lot, and I hated having to re-roll because I put a point into something I shouldn't have or grabbed a skill from a tree that I shouldn't have. I remember going online and finding a build (which takes zero effort), and then joining public games over and over to get xp so that I could use the build (not using skill points or attribute points until I could pump them into the 1 or 2 skills I spammed over and over) while bots took the good loot (again very little effort). How is that any different than what we do now? The only difference is that in D2 skills were locked by preceding skills which you had to get in order to use the better skills, while in D3 skills are locked by level. In D3 I used every skill that I unlocked at least once while leveling. If you did that in D2 you had a pretty terrible character.

What kept me playing D2 was the item hunt. If you want to build a new character for a build nothing is stopping you, hell I have a paragon level 62 archon wizard and I made a new wizard to play with a friend who just came back. I'm having a blast leveling and using all the new skills I get at each level. You know why every barb is the same? Its because all but a choice few skills at end game are terrible.

I dont think D3 should put in gating mechanisms just so they keep us playing longer. They should make the content fun, exciting, and rewarding if they want us to keep playing.
    Quote from m80thewolf

If you want to build a new character for a build nothing is stopping you,

Uhm....yes, there is. Maybe you haven't heard about the 10 character limit.
    Quote from maka

Quote from m80thewolf

If you want to build a new character for a build nothing is stopping you,

Uhm....yes, there is. Maybe you haven't heard about the 10 character limit.

Ill admit that was a nice feature in D2, being able to have multiple accounts
    The skill tree argument makes sense since content wise Diablo 2 didn't have an insane endgame either.

We farmed a few bosses and maps and thats it. People didn't complain about "endgame" because we were all too busy re-rolling characters. I couldn't care less if you disliked re-leveling or if you mindlessly grinded xp in a group and didnt have fun doing it.

In Diablo 2 the focus on the game was building a character. Today im going to build a WW barb, tomorrow a frenzy barb and maybe later on a Berzerk barb or whatever build you could come up with. The focus was on that class build.
    Because of this re-running a few maps and bosses didn't bother us.

In Diablo 3 we get 1 barb. All the skills are given to you. without that character build focus we turn toward the content. Asking for endless dungeons, more randomization, more ubers... more of everything. It all stems from the fatal flaw of D3, its core is completely F***** without skill trees and a build focus.

Why do you think people enjoy Path of Exile so much? You think it has a fantastic endgame? Running a few zones for materials to roll maps is a very basic system. If we could 100% respec in PoE any time we wanted the game would suck. That game is about building your character. The goal is to make that build and optimize it. Merc difficulty and maps are secondary.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes