Stash tabs

By the way, I created a thread in bnet outlining this problem.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8783638606

Not expecting an answer, and not expecting a stash increase. But maybe if enough people ask for it......who knows.

Of course, I fully expect the usual bnet trolls to bring great insights like "lol who needs more stash space? you guys are hoarders". Which, really, would just reinforce the notion that it's a good idea to mostly stay out of that place.
    Quote from maka

By the way, I created a thread in bnet outlining this problem.

http://eu.battle.net...opic/8783638606

Not expecting an answer, and not expecting a stash increase. But maybe if enough people ask for it......who knows.

Of course, I fully expect the usual bnet trolls to bring great insights like "lol who needs more stash space? you guys are hoarders". Which, really, would just reinforce the notion that it's a good idea to mostly stay out of that place.

Thanks. Logged in and upvoted your thread. Let's hope we see some action.
    I logged in and gave a little of my cents to the topic. Hopefully they will at least consider it, not just write it off and say we have no plans...
    Also logged in, upvoted and copied my earlier posts to add to the cause.

I've always thought 3 stash tabs was limiting for 5 characters and have to admit that I was very surprised when they announced no increase in stash. Really hoping they change it.

On the earlier mentioned topics of keeping things arranged, I'd love to have infinite stash space, but the idea does make me think I might end up hoarding too much then. There can be such a thing as too much space and with infinite tabs you'll end up storing stuff for a while then it'll build up to the point where you forget where things are or can't be bothered to sort through it.

Personally, I'd be happy with one class specific tab being added (which would technically be another 6, I know). So I've got 3 account shared tabs as we have now, but 1 extra tab that only that class can see. It would make organising gear a lot easier, and give a good amount of extra space.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'm not expecting anything to come out of this, but still....

Quote from Laevus

Personally, I'd be happy with one class specific tab being added (which would technically be another 6, I know). So I've got 3 account shared tabs as we have now, but 1 extra tab that only that class can see. It would make organising gear a lot easier, and give a good amount of extra space.

Yeah, I thought of something similar to that. Each character would have 1 personal tab, and then you'd have 3 shared tabs. Would definitely make things a lot nicer.
    Quote from maka

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'm not expecting anything to come out of this, but still....

Quote from Laevus

Yeah, I thought of something similar to that. Each character would have 1 personal tab, and then you'd have 3 shared tabs. Would definitely make things a lot nicer.

I thought each character, but that would mean 12 extra tabs rather than 6 and it may have come across as greedy. Also, one for each class would make sense as if you do have two of each class, you'll probably be swapping gear out between them for different builds anyway, and sharing a stash tab between them (that's not eating into account bound) would make it easier. It also wouldn't feel as restricted to share since they're using the same main stat/class specifics/+skill items too.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Laevus

Quote from maka

Quote from Laevus

I thought each character, but that would mean 12 extra tabs rather than 6 and it may have come across as greedy. Also, one for each class would make sense as if you do have two of each class, you'll probably be swapping gear out between them for different builds anyway, and sharing a stash tab between them (that's not eating into account bound) would make it easier. It also wouldn't feel as restricted to share since they're using the same main stat/class specifics/+skill items too.

Yeah, that sounds reasonable.
    Thanks, just posted it on the official forum thread too. Will try and keep a track of that thread so it gets more viewing and more feedback. I can't believe that they want to encourage playing with new builds, encourage self found and make things BoA and then not increase stash space. It's ridiculous. I also don't believe it's storage/money related either. Hoping for some fresh insight on the 'why', even if we don't succeed in changing their mind :P
    Yeah, it's crazy. They went out of their way to give us way more reasons to save stuff up, and then don't give us any space to do so.

Well, thanks for your support.
    Quote from maka

Yeah, it's crazy. They went out of their way to give us way more reasons to save stuff up, and then don't give us any space to do so.

It's even crazier that there are community members going out of their way to make it sound like you (we, whatever) are asking for infinite storage space.

If you don't play exactly the same way I do then you're playing the game wrong! That seems to be the mantra of some people in this community.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

It's even crazier that there are community members going out of their way to make it sound like you (we, whatever) are asking for infinite storage space.

If you don't play exactly the same way I do then you're playing the game wrong! That seems to be the mantra of some people in this community.

I know, right? No one even mention infinite space, so I really hate it when some people throw that response out. I agree, the whole "the game needs to be played a specific way to be played right" idea is just backwards.

Blizzard will be adding hundreds of new legendaries and among them great new sets, and even between them there will be randomization. As it stands now with gems and mats, we wont even be able to carry half of those items, so I think it's fair to ask for more space.
    +1up. I've wondered about this a million times myself. I'm not really too concerned about it though. That extra room is just too obvious, and I'm sure they plan to add it eventually. Why it's not already there is beyond me, however, and has, for me, become just another issue in a long line of 'blizzard y u no do this already' issues. Honestly, vanilla has been filled to the brink with these.

Buuut I'm hopeful that the incompetence ends with the expansion. So far, from what I've seen, they're doing a LOT to put the game back on track, and I'm sure they'll get around to providing more storage for us as well. EXPANSION GO!
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39239.0;attach=26376;image

last.fm
    In addition to extra space, I'd love a way for us to access our other character's gear through the stash. So if you wanted to switch gear from one to another, you can just go to your stash instead of switching to the other character, moving the item to stash, and then switching back.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

In addition to extra space, I'd love a way for us to access our other character's gear through the stash. So if you wanted to switch gear from one to another, you can just go to your stash instead of switching to the other character, moving the item to stash, and then switching back.

I actually think it'd be awesome to have all your inactive characters waiting at town as NPCs whom you can swap gear with. :D
    sto lavorando
    Quote from inkcheese

Quote from RasAlgethi24

I actually think it'd be awesome to have all your inactive characters waiting at town as NPCs whom you can swap gear with. :D

I like how simple and awesome that sounds ;)
    Quote from inkcheese

Quote from RasAlgethi24

That would be unspeakably cool. +1up!
    Image removed due to its file extension: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=39239.0;attach=26376;image

last.fm
    Quote from inkcheese

Quote from RasAlgethi24

Excellent idea there. It's mentioned at times that "heroes" plural are the ones that kill Diablo and thwart evil each time, yet you only see yourself if you're in single player. Having your other characters just standing around in town would at least give more of a feel that there are others involved with bringing them down, even in solo play. Also a nice way to get at other characters gear without relogging. Double win!

Further to my suggestion of a class specific tab in the stash, I suggested on the official forum thread Maka posted a link to earlier that it could be an unlockable feature rather than always there. I feel that stops people complaining there's too much space, but also rewarding those that have multiple classes at 70 by giving them space to play with gear.

So you buy your standard 3 tabs of account wide, then when you get a class to 70, you get an achievement and unlock a unique stash tab only available to that character class. Get all classes to 70 to unlock all the class specific tabs. (I wouldn't even mind if it unlocked them and then required a further gold dump of a few million, though I feel that would be pointless).

Link to the official forum thread in case you missed it, give it some support: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8783638606?page=1
    Quote from inkcheese

Quote from RasAlgethi24

+1 to both yourself and Ras.

I often hate finding an item and not knowing if it's an upgrade or not, so I stash it... and it stays there until I forget why it was there. This is ESPECIALLY true with followers on other characters. Ugh.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Thanks for the support, Laevus.
    I like your idea, and like I said on bnet, that would also be a good way for Blizzard to save on storage space, because only the players that actually wanted those tabs would unlock it; the players that played through the game only once or twice wouldn't unlock it (and they wouldn't need it), therefore saving Blizzard some space. It's very different than outright giving 12 million accounts more stash tabs.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes