2.0.1 Public Test vs RoS Beta

With Friends and family beta underway closed beta will be the next stage of RoS testing and will begin this year (as announced by Blizz).
    Another announcement said that around the time of closed beta Public 2.0.1 test realm will be opened allowing those without beta keys to try new content.

Now as far as I know closed beta will be same as family beta which is all RoS content except last boss.

2.0.1 PTR will feature "updates including Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, our new difficulty system, the addition of Clans and Communities, as well as balancing and tuning for all five Diablo III classes."

So in essence 2.0.1 PTR will be exactly the same as RoS beta except no Crusader and no Act5.

Or am I missing something?
    and no enchantress.

edit:

and no new skills (level cap will be 60)
    Aha! How about new items?
    2.0.1 PTR isn't the same as RoS PTR.

2.0.1 PTR will be the testing ground for the pre-expansion patch. So that includes: Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, every and all skill and rune change below lvl 60, new difficulty modes, new legendaries, the Mystic and probably Adventure Mode (as Blizzard hasn't decided yet if Adventure Mode is RoS-exclusive or not).

Simply, 2.0.1 PTR will include everything that we will be able to have without buying the Expansion.
    So all RoS features, but Act 5 is locked and lvl cap is 60.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Quote from Pietrak

2.0.1 PTR will be the testing ground for the pre-expansion patch. So that includes: Loot 2.0, Paragon 2.0, every and all skill and rune change below lvl 60, new difficulty modes, new legendaries, the Mystic and probably Adventure Mode (as Blizzard hasn't decided yet if Adventure Mode is RoS-exclusive or not).

Simply, 2.0.1 PTR will include everything that we will be able to have without buying the Expansion.

Pretty sure the mystic is RoS only.
    Quote from Mienta

Quote from Pietrak

Yes, instead of putting her back in Act 1 where she belongs, they are moving her to Act 5.

/pout
    Quote from Mienta

I stand corrected then.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    They said adventure mode is still not available for D3V. So that is not included too. They said "We will think about it, but for the moment - no adventure mode for D3V." But hey... They change everything on a daily basis, so who knows. :)
    Would be weird not to have adventure mode in vanila. They said that they dont like the idea of making people play through the story 3 times before endgame yet its what people who purchase D3 without the expansion will experience unless adventure mode is vailable to all.
    RE: Adventure Mode.

Seems like this is a case of "we will see when it's out or positively confirmed by a blue".
    I hope they add Adventure mode to classic D3. Would really be unfortunate to go without it.
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from DesmondTiny

I hope they add Adventure mode to classic D3. Would really be unfortunate to go without it.

Well, they want to boost sales of the xpac, so my guess is they will make it xpac only feature. Actually, I think this is why they removed the auction house. It wasn't making them as much money as xpac sales would, so they dropped it to create hype for the xpac.

Blizzard is a bussiness. They want profits. Lucky for us, making great games is the best way to achieve this...
    I used to shoot people in the knee with arrows, then I took an arrow to the knee.

Support my photography. A hobby, but starting to make some money out of it. Brett Delport Photography

Quote from venom1stas

Would be weird not to have adventure mode in vanila. They said that they dont like the idea of making people play through the story 3 times before endgame yet its what people who purchase D3 without the expansion will experience unless adventure mode is vailable to all.
    The new difficulty system will be in place, so you'll still only play through once, but only Campaign Mode would be available.
    I think they're throwing adventure mode to the expac, and that's ok.
    Quote from pr3ach3r

I think they're throwing adventure mode to the expac, and that's ok.

I don't think it is. They can keep the Bounties and Rift systems for the xpac, but I think the ability to go to any waypoint you want should be added to D3 classic as well.
    Quote from FatManza

Quote from DesmondTiny

Well, they want to boost sales of the xpac, so my guess is they will make it xpac only feature. Actually, I think this is why they removed the auction house. It wasn't making them as much money as xpac sales would, so they dropped it to create hype for the xpac.

Blizzard is a bussiness. They want profits. Lucky for us, making great games is the best way to achieve this...

maybe in the next expansion we get some pvp... WHO KNOWS!?

in the future diablo 3 will be a nice game... maybe with pvp! And maybe i still live for that!
    To be honest...who will even want to keep playing D3V after RoS comes out?
    Every new and fresh gameplay system after patch 2.0.1 will be developed with RoS' features in mind.

Sure, Paragon & Loot 2.0 / Adventure mode will keep people interested for a few weeks, maybe even months. Then Blizzard announces new and exciting changes for RoS and the forums will be ablaze with "GIEV NEW STUFF TO D3V PLOX!"
    Any idea if we gonna get patch 2.0 before RoS ? Or is it going to be implemented at the day of the realease of RoS ?

From a marketing point of view it would make more sense if they deploy loot 2.0 patch before RoS to hype people a bit more.

What do you think ? Is tehere any official info about this ?
    Quote from rootpl

Any idea if we gonna get patch 2.0 before RoS ? Or is it going to be implemented at the day of the realease of RoS ?

From a marketing point of view it would make more sense if they deploy loot 2.0 patch before RoS to hype people a bit more.

Blizzard has done prepatches before the actual expansion releases for both WoW and SC2, i don't see why D3 would be anything different.

And no, its not a marketing ploy or hype, it is a lot better to have any remaining bugs weeded out before any potentional issues with the actual expansion.
    Quote from Drachar

Quote from rootpl

Blizzard has done prepatches before the actual expansion releases for both WoW and SC2, i don't see why D3 would be anything different.

And no, its not a marketing ploy or hype, it is a lot better to have any remaining bugs weeded out before any potentional issues with the actual expansion.

Awesome, thanks!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes