Magic Find in RoS

magic find is kinda broken in current state (blizz tried to make high MF gear useless by varios things and was successful but in process whole thing become mess)
    but from what i seen in ROS only source of MF is paragon (2-100%) and unique ring (50-80%) mf as affix seems to be removed i dont remember single item with MF(with exception of nagelring)
    100% from paragon in my opinion is justified players should be rewarded for progress
    50-80% nagelring can be OK if ring wont have other stats but in beta u can get good rolled stats on top of MF

There is one important thing that OP forgot to mention in beta 50% of legendaries i seen come from q rewards "horadric cache" and it's not affected by MF and also u can gamble once again not affected by MF
    Quote from Bagstone

People were constantly switching gear because 300% magic find was just something you couldn't neglect when killing a monster; after all, it's 3 times more loot!

This is incorrect. Magic find affects the stats roll and number of affix. Bonus loot does increase loot drop, not magic find.
    Vingor#1871
    Quote from ruksak

I want MF done away with entirely. Set a drop rate, make it challenging and leave it at that.

Yeah I agree with you. Just thinking gearing a follower with mf gear gives you 20% mf max, 20% mf out of 685% cap (near that) isn't a lot lol.
    Vingor#1871
    I've always been bothered by the massive amount of loot spam on the screen that is just too cluttering, so I wouldn't mind MF being removed even though I would benefit from the MF perks from paragon points myself.

But I don´t think you can compare 680% vs 0%, wouldn´t it be 680% vs 380% instead? Anyways, I'm leveling a new paragon character right now without magic find and by paragon 5 I did already find 5 legendaries or so. It's just that it's the old loot still :P I would be fine with the droprates I have now as long as the loot were better, though I still prefer much less yellow/blue/white spam. Though that's another topic.
    Wow, I'm impressed. I totally disagree.
    To me, Magic Find is an integral part of the Diablo franchise. It's the perfect tradeoff stat. Between different "power"-stats there will always be one that increases power more, so there's not really a decent choice between crit % and attack speed % for example. The choice between increasing power and getting higher quality loot is not that easy. Creates some actual *cough* variety. Though you'll ultimately want both, which is also good, that's more to aim for.

Also, the tradeoff aspect aside, Magic Find by itself is a fun stat. I really like the idea of such a luck stat, a stat that can be very desired in one aspect of the game (farming obv.) and not interesting at all in another (killing ubers, pvp).

There is only one big issue that got it somehow removed from D3V, which is gear swapping of course. They were right to pull the plug because of that but now that they have more options, they gotta come up with a fix for that. Be it as simple as no gear swapping out of town. Wouldn't be enough to completely negate gear swapping, but they're getting paid to come up with ideas, I'm not ;)
    I apologize for any formating issues in my posts, I just can't use the new editor.Currently playing Magic 2014, see my thread:http://www.diablofans.com/topic/97565-magic-2014/
    Also, if you like Classics, try:Dungeons and Dragons Anthology ( http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection )
    Quote from vingor

Quote from Bagstone

People were constantly switching gear because 300% magic find was just something you couldn't neglect when killing a monster; after all, it's 3 times more loot!

This is incorrect. Magic find affects the stats roll and number of affix. Bonus loot does increase loot drop, not magic find.

no u are completely wrong magic find has nothing to do with number of affixes and size of those affixes
    The effect that MF has on increasing the number of possible affixes on rare items appears to be minimal and close to neglible

magic find increase number of rare/legendary items u find(100% is not exactly 100% more but diminishing is very small)

Bonus loot is mechanic to promote killing white mobs(since it works only on nonelite) and works multiplicative with magic find. That is why u find bigger portion of loot from white mobs the higher MP u play on

very detailed magic find post http://www.diablofan...stical-insight/
    Quote from Kamisei

I've always been bothered by the massive amount of loot spam on the screen that is just too cluttering, so I wouldn't mind MF being removed even though I would benefit from the MF perks from paragon points myself.

removing magic find wont help since magic find only increases quality (quality levels are:grey,white,yellow,gold)
    more MF u have less grey,white,blue and more yellow,gold but total count is still same
    only "bonus item" increase total amount of items (1% mp1, 26%mp4, 59%mp7, 100%mp10)
    Quote from gurg0

Quote from Kamisei

removing magic find wont help since magic find only increases quality (quality levels are:grey,white,yellow,gold)
    more MF u have less grey,white,blue and more yellow,gold but total count is still same
    only "bonus item" increase total amount of items (1% mp1, 26%mp4, 59%mp7, 100%mp10)

Ah right I remember now :) Thanks.
    i like magic find, i would pretty gutted if they removed it. I think it was appropriate in D2. Can anyone give a good reason why it should be removed?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes