Loot worth picking up?

What items do you pick up when farming?

For a long while I've been picking up everything, as in all rares and legendaries, but I'm getting the feeling that, thats whats been holding me down. I'm averaging around 80M xp/hour when picking up everything.

Just timed a run where I only picked up rings, amulets, 1-handed weapons which ended up at 120M xp/hour.

Am I right in saying that pretty much everyone uses a mix of crafted-, set and legendaries for all slots except 1-H weapons and jewelry?
    If you use the AH to buy your gear and/or mats, then yeah, picking up all rares is a waste of your time.
    for rares, pick up gloves, rings, amulets and one handed weapons, ignore everything else.
    and ignore all instant brimstone legendarys. not having to visit the vendor so often is a huge time saver.
    pick up all ammys and rings, someone sold an ammy for 250 billion the other day
    "Get busy living or get busy dieing.."

Twitch.tv: twitch.tv/mehsiah | Youtube/Twitter in the future.

Literally more than my net worth right now (converted to USD).

I pick up jewelry, ilvl63 1-handers, shoulders, gloves, bracers and all legends. And sometimes gems and tomes just for fun.

Was this one:

for rares, pick up gloves, rings, amulets and one handed weapons, ignore everything else.
    and ignore all instant brimstone legendarys. not having to visit the vendor so often is a huge time saver.

And Pants.

Was this one:

Succesfully mindblown... O_O

I want to know how many hours he/she played (or farmed at 100% efficiency in the latest patch).
    I always pick up all yellow rings/amulets...other stuff is hit or miss.
    Why wouldn't you pick up instant brimstone legendarys? Are the crafting just that bad that they don't even sell? It's not like it would fill up much space in the stash/

Was this one:

Succesfully mindblown... O_O

I want to know how many hours he/she played (or farmed at 100% efficiency in the latest patch).

That amulet was sniped for 2 billion gold on the AH.

I know the person who flipped it :)
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

What items do you pick up when farming?

For a long while I've been picking up everything, as in all rares and legendaries, but I'm getting the feeling that, thats whats been holding me down. I'm averaging around 80M xp/hour when picking up everything.

Just timed a run where I only picked up rings, amulets, 1-handed weapons which ended up at 120M xp/hour.

Am I right in saying that pretty much everyone uses a mix of crafted-, set and legendaries for all slots except 1-H weapons and jewelry?

Sounds like you are only interested in farming XP ? Then of course picking up stuff is only slowing you down.

Also I am always amazed by how far Maka will lean out of the window just to mention the AH in every one of his idiotic posts. Well played once again, sir. You keep amazing me.
    Sounds like you are only interested in farming XP ? Then of course picking up stuff is only slowing you down.

A bit of both, my thought was that it's not worth picking up items for slots that people rarely shop for on the AH.

If you use the AH to buy your gear and/or mats, then yeah, picking up all rares is a waste of your time.

Also I am always amazed by how far Maka will lean out of the window just to mention the AH in every one of his idiotic posts. Well played once again, sir. You keep amazing me.

He just brought up a valid point which you, for some reason have a problem with. So deal with your shit, no one has to read your crappy whinning. "amazing me" give me a break.

He just brought up a valid point which you, for some reason have a problem with. So deal with your shit, no one has to read your crappy whinning. "amazing me" give me a break.

Don't feed him.
    I pick up Essence, Rings, Amulets, ilvl 62+ 1 handers, elder hats, ilvl 63 pants, all legendaries. I got about 140M XP/HR solo with mediocre gear on a monk from 21-100.

When I play my barb I pick up legendaries and if I happen to see any of the above drop. But I don't wait to see loot and get about 205m xp/hr.

Fun fact.

Getting to plvl 21 at the introduction of the paragon system felt more difficult than going from 21-80 now. I played like 3 days with 12-16 hours a day the release of 1.04 then I quit lol. It's a joke to level now.

Average level of gear is so much higher.
    XP bonuses for monster power.
    Hellfire Ring.
    Experience Shrines.
    Mob Density.
    Best Zones for each act are known.
    Things im picking up in softcore:

- Rare jewels
    - Rare gloves, bracers and pants
    - Follower tokens(yes i sold a couple of them each for a few mil)
    - Rare 1handers b/c dh xbows
    - DOOMHAMMERZ! :P
    - revenant bows and hellion xbows. From time to time i roll something nice and im like "damn i wish i found it back then in early inferno for my dh." :)
    - Legendaries/Setitems which potentially could roll "good"
    - Ofc essences

So im picking up some trash things and wasting time but who cares? Its not a freaking race to a world first. Its playtime and should be about fun in the first place. ;)
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.

The point aint valid at all. Even if you buy everything from the AH, the gold still has to come from somewhere. Unless they give items for free now, must have missed that.

So stop supporting the whiners that ruined this game.

The point aint valid at all. Even if you buy everything from the AH, the gold still has to come from somewhere. Unless they give items for free now, must have missed that.

So stop supporting the whiners that ruined this game.

What? How does that even relate to what i said? The gold has to come from somewhere? does that mean that you have to pick up items and sell them so you can get gold? What about buying a billion gold for 20-30$? That's not an option anymore? You could even use the RMAH instead and spend like double the ammount of money. Your sarcasm sucks.

"Supporting the whiners that ruined this game" That's the dumbest sentence i've read in a while, sorry. You really think that Blizzard "caved in" ? Sure, D3 is bad only because a small minority does not use the AH at all. Wow that really ruined the game. Your logic fails. You think like a two year old.

What? How does that even relate to what i said? The gold has to come from somewhere? does that mean that you have to pick up items and sell them so you can get gold? What about buying a billion gold for 20-30$? That's not an option anymore? You could even use the RMAH instead and spend like double the ammount of money. Your sarcasm sucks.

To be fair, the discussion was about "items worth picking up" not about "buy gold and then ignore everything." The OP wanted to know if he should skip certain item types to increase his XP/hr. I don't think he was at all interested in more AH drama llamas.

The whole RMAH shit is really tangential. Unless you're buying gold you HAVE to pick up something to make some gold to spend on buying items, even if it's just a bare minimum to get into flipping. But there are certain people on these forums who cannot resist injecting AH trolling into EVERY discussion.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes