Diablo III: I remember when...

"There’s a big pack coming this time. Stand your ground!"
    I remember killing Azmodan on Inferno difficulty pre-nerf on my DH together with my friends (Barb and wiz) ...after about 30 tries!
    More than 1 pool tick - dead.
    Corpse rain - dead.
    Fireball - dead anyways.
    The barb had to tank and kite Azmodan while the others dealt damage and dealt with the demon portals, if too slow with the portals - guess what, dead.
    Also farming chests in Rakkis after switching to mf gear and as mentioned before I also abused the Cat-tree in pony lvl to be able to kill elites at all. Actually found that myself but soon after I had to realise that others had aswell and it was fixed :-P
    Quote from Groyal

I remember killing Azmodan on Inferno difficulty pre-nerf on my DH together with my friends (Barb and wiz) ...after about 30 tries!
    More than 1 pool tick - dead.
    Corpse rain - dead.
    Fireball - dead anyways.
    The barb had to tank and kite Azmodan while the others dealt damage and dealt with the demon portals, if too slow with the portals - guess what, dead.
    Also farming chests in Rakkis after switching to mf gear and as mentioned before I also abused the Cat-tree in pony lvl to be able to kill elites at all. Actually found that myself but soon after I had to realise that others had aswell and it was fixed :-P

Ah, so you're the one I have to thank for the changes that made chests not worth opening.
    Thanks for that.
    I remember when Diablo 3 was hard as hell and I made an OP Demon Hunter that conquered the game.
    Diablo3.org - Free Diablo 3 Game Giveaway!

Diablo3.org gives away free Diablo 3 games every Sunday to a random winner who participates! Build clans, chat, and watch the latest news at Diablo3org!
    This was in the Beta, when someone exploited his way into Fields of Misery. Had a hard time as a level7 monk there

I remember when some dropped armors could stop a pack..

I also remember hydra+blizz kiting build was the only way to survive...

I remember the act 2 wall on inferno, and only demon hunters or FA wizzards have acess to further acts, having huge gold/item advantage by farming blues at act 4 and selling them at the AH;

I remember when barbs can't survive without a sword and board build with revenge and frenzy sidearm;

I remember that to kill grom on infeno, you have to kite him to every spot of the room, until each of them be covered by his shit;

I remember about mantra of healing and it's OP BoI rune.

I remember when inferno belial second phase, if don't kill him fast enough, all area was surrounded by his green explosives and you're pretty much dead (some pro players could kill him, even with this enrage).

I remember when people and the devs said "this game is hard!"

I remember at launch day, 1/4 of the people could enter the game and the rest were trying to login in every minute 3~4 hours straight.
    I remember the non cancel-able auctions and the work around for them :D

1. Open Auctions tab in Auctions house
    2. Minimize by hitting alt tab
    3. Change your windows time to go back TWO (2) days. (You can access date/time by right clicking on your time)
    4. Go back into diablo 3 click search tab
    5. Click auctions tab and cancel away.
    Quote from maka

Ah, so you're the one I have to thank for the changes that made chests not worth opening.
    Thanks for that.

Like I was the only one :cheers: Didn't like the change either... Systems will be (ab)used to their full potential by the players no matter what.
    Quote from Groyal

Quote from maka

Thanks for that.

Like I was the only one :cheers: Didn't like the change either... Systems will be (ab)used to their full potential by the players no matter what.

I know you weren't the only one, I was (half-)joking.
    As for systems being abused.....meh, I believe in personal responsibility. If it's an abused (and you can see bad changes to the game stemming from it), just don't do it. Pay no heed to what other players are doing.
    But I digress. Moving on.
    Quote from eldimmy

I remember when inferno belial second phase, if don't kill him fast enough, all area was surrounded by his green explosives and you're pretty much dead (some pro players could kill him, even with this enrage).

I remember standing in the most east corner in Phase 1 placing Mines and fighting off Phase 1 .. and most of the Times a couple of monsters didn´t come up to me so I swaped back the Mines for extra dmg. Phase 2 using Nethertententacles that hit like 10 times and using smoke screen while he goes rage .. around 5000 hp still IDK 15. Try he was dead.
    Quote from Schnorzel

Quote from eldimmy

I remember standing in the most east corner in Phase 1 placing Mines and fighting off Phase 1 .. and most of the Times a couple of monsters didn´t come up to me so I swaped back the Mines for extra dmg. Phase 2 using Nethertententacles that hit like 10 times and using smoke screen while he goes rage .. around 5000 hp still IDK 15. Try he was dead.

I remember playing Glasscannon with no HP att all .. so everything hit was instadeath .. ^^ got all Achievements about not getting hit .. Now Facetanking everything.
    I remember error 27.

Just kidding I never had it; I remember the fat Horror that gave me my first legendary, a set tal rasha's armor.
    I remember my first drop worth more than 1m Gold. Just kidding, never happened :(
    Quote from Willey1986

I remember my first drop worth more than 1m Gold. Just kidding, never happened :(

Wow man, that's rough :P how much time have you played and in which patches?

I remember when I first got to Inferno Acts 2 and 3. Scary monsters everywhere, man.
    I remember that before Inferno nerf I was stuck with my Wiz in LVL 51-52 and couldn't get it up. I refused to go back to NM difficulty and tried to grind my way through Hell. Then I leveled my Barb up and got all the way to Inferno and had some money to gear up my Wiz and get it up also.

I miss those Invulnerable minions as they were hard elites to kill and it made them more tactical. Especially when it was some monster that loved to run away from you and it's minions tanked you...

Act2 flyers were a nightmare as well as those Molotov throwers. Actually almost all monsters were more challenging back in the old days. I don't say that some of nerfs hadn't been in place, but I think that there has been way too much nerfing. The game was more interesting when you couldn't just run through every mob and area, but you had to improvise and plan some situations before entering combat with some monsters and areas. Hopefully in RoS we'll see once again some difficulty notches turned up.
    I remember beating Inferno Belial for the first time pre-nerf. I WAS SO HAPPY. Nothing can top that feeling --- not even Inferno Diablo pre-nerf.

Speaking of Diablo... I remember when Shadow Clones were hitting harder than Diablo himself...
    I remember playing my barb and always having full fury, because the builds were all defensive and one did not simply use a skill that required fury... :P

Also remember using nether tentacles (?) with my DH before it got nerfed, that DMG and life steal... :P
    I just wanted to make a quick post thanking Blizzard for allowing this thread to be featured on the main site as this week's Community Commentary! Also, thank you all, the DFans community, for making this thread so popular, and keeping it so alive and positive! I can't explain the joy I felt when I woke up yesterday morning, checked Diablofans.com, and saw the news feed of the Community Commentary being this very thread :Thumbs Up:

It couldn't have been possible without everyone contributing such awesome memories, and I hope they keep coming! So many great ones so far, and I'm sure there is so much more to come!

Thank you Blizzard, and thank you all! :D
    I remember when this thread was featured in the Community Commentary.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes